• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Looking at TV options as of Feb 2020 (yes, again!) - here is why:

geekette

Reaction score
I am going to need to find something when we go north for the summer as the cable we have is unbelievably unreliable and we are not even getting network stations with it.
biggest concern is ease of use. My hasband barely can operate a remote.
he would want golf channel, news stations, and sports stations. I want network, news stations, and a few others. We have disconnected our antenna and it doesn’t work that well. We also have four TVs and often use two at the same time
Look into services with voice remote. Comcast/XFinity has it and someone upstream mentioned voice control, also.

My mother has RA, the gnarled fingers, and also can't easily operate a remote.

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club, HGVC GP MarBrisa, Westin St. John, Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Villas, Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort (DRI), Worldmark
We love our YouTube TV. Also have Netflix and Prime Video (would pay for a Prime membership either way). One advantage we found with YTTV and the others is that we can take our Roku device with us on TS trips and we can watch YTTV and our library of recorded shows so my DH did not miss any of his Premier League games and other sports while we were away from home. Roku has a nice ‘Hotel or Dorm’ sign in option that worked great to connect to the WiFi network which is usually the tricky part in using a streaming device at a hotel etc. You do need to have a iPad or Laptop with you as well to complete the hotel network sign in process, but since I need to usually bring one for work anyway, it was easy.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Look into services with voice remote. Comcast/XFinity has it and someone upstream mentioned voice control, also.

My mother has RA, the gnarled fingers, and also can't easily operate a remote.
No access to comcast up north.
I wonder if half the enjoyment is scrolling through the stations

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Hi Rapmarks,

Not entirely true,

Richard

geekette

Reaction score
LOL, it might be, but I think that trends male. I can't be in the same room as a snip per channel cruise. Makes me a bit nuts. It's akin to dueling music for me, a disjointed confusing mix of something hitting the ears.

I am thinking it was a Frasier episode where for some reason, someone else was working the clicker for Martin.
"Next. Next. Next. Next. Next."

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
And yes, sometimes I like asking Alexa to help me.
Lastly, I intentionally do not have Prime. And after watching the recent Frontline special, it only served to reinforce the reason why.
But you keep Alexa? That show was very disturbing. My kids are big Amazon fans so I emailed all of them to pull it up and watch the whole thing.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
But you keep Alexa? That show was very disturbing. My kids are big Amazon fans so I emailed all of them to pull it up and watch the whole thing.
I have a Firestick. I'm only protesting Prime. Well I'm also avoiding Whole Foods because you have to be a Prime member to get best sale prices.