• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Your 'underdog' pick in the NFL this weekend?

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know how to do the 'survey thing' here on TUG.

By my 'name' you can see which team I hope WINS this weekend.

I give Dallas a fair chance to win; while knowing they are the underdog.

Of Dallas, Philadelphia, Indianapolis, or San Diego----which is your ONE choice of an underdog to win this weekend?

I am going with Indianapolis.

(My second choice would be Dallas. I think San Diego may be the better team, but hard to beat New England at Foxboro. I give Philadelphia the least chance)

Pat

Last edited:

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see that Philadelphia is the Biggest underdog (+8), followed closely by Dallas (+7), with Indy (+5) and San Diego (+4) being more likely bettors choices to WIN.

I didn't know the 'spreads' when I posted above.

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
As a diehard Eagles fan I will pick with the heart this week and go for the birds. The one thing is the blowout a few weeks ago. Throwing a bomb for a touchdown at 3rd and 1 up 41 to 7 fairly late in the 4th is a pretty good motivator. I would love a very interesting NFC championship game of the cowgirls and the birds.:) Where is the duck out of the way emoticon.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Chargers play in Los Angeles (well, technically Carson, CA) now. Technicalities aside, if one underdog wins, I think it will be the Colts. I think the L.A. Chargers are playing pretty well right now but the Patriots are the only team to be perfect at home this season.

BTW, if The Chargers, Colts, Eagles, and Rams all win their respective games, the two conference final games will both be played in L.A. (well, technically one in Carson). I kind of wonder now what would happen (slim chances at the moment) if the NY Jets and NY Giants both hosted the conference final games seeing that they play home games in the same stadium and conference finals are typically both played on Sundays.

Now if I were a betting man, I would wager on all four home teams this weekend (forgetting about any spreads).

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Beagles .... you have to know which is the real underdog team.

PS I am about a 15 minute drive from their home stadium. And it was one BIG BLOCK PARTY last year on the Art Museum steps last year.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
  1. Indianapolis over the Chiefs.
  2. L.A. Chargers over the Patriots.
I am a confirmed and long-time Cowboys hater, so I'm rooting hard for the Rams to continue Dallas' two-decades-long record of futility. As for the Eagles, I think the Nick Foles series of miracles runs out of steam in what will be a loud and raucous dome crowd in Nawlins.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Colts defense must played 4 quarters for the Colts to win. My pick to win Chiefs by 3.
The Chargers are going to send Tom Brady & the Partriots home for winter a vacation. Chargers by 3 or less.

Dallas and Rams. Dallas defensive secondary backs are weak . Rams by a touchdown.
The Saints and The Eagles. This is game is going down to the last seconds Eagles by one point.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I dunno. My SeaPigeons are done, so against all logic, will pull for the Cowboys, but only because of the large number of Boise State alums playing there. :shrug: or maybe :bawl: unlikely :cheer:

Jim

plpgma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Palm-Aire
Sorry -- I am a born and bred Pittsburgher and there is NO ONE in the playoffs that I care about, so I am simply not interested anymore!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Sorry -- I am a born and bred Pittsburgher and there is NO ONE in the playoffs that I care about, so I am simply not interested anymore!

I feel the same way but a Packer fan.

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
I kind of wonder now what would happen (slim chances at the moment) if the NY Jets and NY Giants both hosted the conference final games seeing that they play home games in the same stadium and conference finals are typically both played on Sundays.
“And the World may never know”

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
grab, that would had been a very good football game episode for the old television show called The Twilight Zone :ponder:

Last edited:

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know how to do the 'survey thing' here on TUG.

By my 'name' you can see which team I hope WINS this weekend.

I give Dallas a fair chance to win; while knowing they are the underdog.

Of Dallas, Philadelphia, Indianapolis, or San Diego----which is your ONE choice of an underdog to win this weekend?

I am going with Indianapolis.

(My second choice would be Dallas. I think San Diego may be the better team, but hard to beat New England at Foxboro. I give Philadelphia the least chance)

Pat

My Indy choice didn't work out very well.

For having a lower ranked Defense----I thought KC played pretty well.
(while unsurprisingly playing well on Offense).

Pat

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I’m a Detroit Lions fan. What’s a playoff you guys keep talking about?

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am one up with the KC win. Missed this game by 18 points. Too much offense by the QB and the Chiefs defense played 4 quarters of football today.

Second game
I am going to bed the Rams, they are leading Dallas 20 to 7 with their quick offensive plays.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am 2 for 2.
Missed the second game by 1 point.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Some say KC will win it all, I say that they're overrated.
I also say NE can be beaten, maybe not today, but they can.
OTOH, the LA Rams looked impressive.

But I didn't get where I am today by choosing winners...
Being a Miami fan by birth, I accept my fate as an also ran.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I blew this one the 12th man on the the field for The Patriots is the bitter cold weather . It is only 28 degrees on the playing field. Minus the wind chill factor.

New England is in the driver seat 35 to 7. I will be 2 and 1 thanks to Tom Brady and Company :thumbup:.

Last edited:

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Chicago: BOINK!!!!

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be 2 and 1 thanks to Tom Brady and Company :thumbup:.

Well I was four for four albeit it was practically a no-brainer picking all the home teams to win. Now for the Conference Finals. I'll say it is going to be a "New" Super Bowl: New England vs. New Orleans. I realize the Patriots were 3 & 5 on the road this season but they seem to find a way to get it done in the playoffs whether at home or on the road.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
LA Rams at NO Saints (3:05) - Saints favored. Gotta say Brees was impressive.
NE Patriots at KC Chiefs (6:40) - Chiefs favored, but don't count the Pats out.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brees was the very best player on the field in yesterday football game. He played his heart out. He was the MVP of the game hands down.