• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Your Opinions on DAE's NEW Website

bigeyes1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you haven't been to DAE USA lately, they now have a new look and done a MAJOR update to their website. I have my own opinons, which DAE knows, but I'm curious in what YOU think of their new website. Do you like it?

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Well so far I don't like the fact that you have to sign in to do a search because I always forget my sign in info.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I don't think it is any worse than the old one was. Since they have so little inventory it is annoying that I cant search all of USA for June-August without having to search region by region with many regions having nothing available and some having only 1 or 2 resorts.

regatta333

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Long Wharf, Wyndham points, Vistana Westin Kierland
I liked the old website much better because you could more readily scroll through the options and the newer inventory was highlighted.
I'm not sure why they think that this is an improvement.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not a fan. I would not give them a week with the inventory they have. I liked being able to see all last minute stuff at once on one page.

One observation is it seems a lot of non prime rci weeks have shown up for exchange and not last minute. It is also hard to tell but it seems like the last minute stuff is more expensive.

bigeyes1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for commenting. I have told DAE the very things you are all expressing. I do NOT like their search format... at all. I even sent them an email and told them to change it back or to add the "ALL" option. I did not like having to select certain areas. I wanted to see ALL areas, in case I see something else I might be interested in.

Anyway, I wanted to see what others thought and see if it was just me who didn't like it and perhaps point out the "positive" things about the new website. Thank goodness, I am not the only one who doesn't like it.

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I also don't like that you have to search region by region. Too time consuming as a teacher I know the exact week(s) I can go I do not have time to search every region. Definitely not an improvement for me. Will not check it very often.

ChloeDAE

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I hope it is ok to reply here. My name is Chloe and I am the Global Marketing Manager for DAE.

I want to firstly say thank you for taking the time to explore the new site and for sharing your thoughts on the new experience.

The new daelive.com was developed after listening to much feedback from our members all over the globe, over the past few years. We appreciate that a big change like this can be a bit of a shock and take a while to get used to. We are committed to helping our members quickly find the easiest way to complete their favourite transactions on the new website and we will be taking on board all your feedback for future upgrades to the site. We do have a comprehensive user guide available to you to help navigate the new site, please let me know if I can share one with you via email or Facebook.

Please don't hesitate to be in touch with us if you have further feedback or if we can help you to plan your next vacation adventure.

Happy exchanging,
Chloe Green
Global Marketing Manager - DAE

Larry M

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm traveling and my userID*/password are at home so I cannot check the new DAE site, but I'm guessing they didn't make the change I've requested several times. I requested a search for amenities. Suppose someone didn't care where they travelled to, but wanted to play golf or snorkel, hike, or ride horseback. A single search (not regions) for the particular amenity would be ideal.

They weren't interested in providing it.

*Whoever heard of an assigned UserID, anyway?

Ane

Reaction score
I really don’t care for the new DAE site. I liked being able to search a region by specific state...I don’t want to have to look at Missouri and Arkansas resorts when I really want to go to Tennessee, for example. Too much of my time is wasted! I do hope DAE will reconsider their format.

dandjane1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Walk (Platinum UDI) Wyndham Access (Platinum trust), Wyndham National Harbor (Platinum UDI), HGVC Deed at Kingsland, HI, HGV Max (Premiere Plus) Trust
Okay, this newbie needs to know - what is DAE???
Not one post spelled it out.
Thanks.

ChloeDAE

Reaction score
I'm traveling and my userID*/password are at home so I cannot check the new DAE site, but I'm guessing they didn't make the change I've requested several times. I requested a search for amenities. Suppose someone didn't care where they travelled to, but wanted to play golf or snorkel, hike, or ride horseback. A single search (not regions) for the particular amenity would be ideal.

Hi Larry, we have actually introduced a new section where you can search "Collections" for exactly this purpose. When you get home and have a chance to play around in the new site head to the "Destinations" section and scroll to the bottom of the page to see the current collections available. I have made a note to check whether golf is there as a collection for US members and to get the office to help me identify some appropriate resorts if not.
Thanks!
Chloe

ChloeDAE

Reaction score
Hi
Okay, this newbie needs to know - what is DAE???
Not one post spelled it out.
Thanks.
Hi there,
You may have heard of us referred to as Dial An Exchange? We are a Timeshare Exchange company with free memberships and a whole bunch of other great benefits.
Hope that helps!
Chloe
Global Marketing Manager- DAE

regatta333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Chloe,
I have been a DAE member for over 10 years. I have consistently provided feedback regarding the availability of exchanges to Europe and the fact that European inventory is kept separate and made available first to European members. Although I've gotten many assurances from Donita and then Fermin that efforts were being made to better share the inventory across all the members, this has never happened. I feel like the efforts directed at improving a website that was not broken would have been better directed at this endeavor. This website is not an improvement in my opinion. It makes it much more difficult for me to search and to differentiate the new additions to inventory, which was apparent in the past.

I have also noticed that since the RCI acquisition of DAE, the inventory in the only European region (Italy) that I frequently saw has completely disappeared and the site has been flooded by the same type of non-prime, sell off inventory that I typically find in RCI. Quite honestly, I will be hard pressed to find a reason to renew my gold membership when it expires in a few months.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Chloe,

Since this has turned into a feedback thread I would echo regatta333's comments as to the European inventory not being integrated. In fact yesterday I found a Costs del Sol unit on the UK site that I would have liked but was unavailable on the US site even though I have had a request in for the same. Consequently I have never utilised a daelive exchange and find it hard to recommend to others.

ChloeDAE

Reaction score
Chloe,
I have been a DAE member for over 10 years. I have consistently provided feedback regarding the availability of exchanges to Europe and the fact that European inventory is kept separate and made available first to European members. Although I've gotten many assurances from Donita and then Fermin that efforts were being made to better share the inventory across all the members, this has never happened. I feel like the efforts directed at improving a website that was not broken would have been better directed at this endeavor. This website is not an improvement in my opinion. It makes it much more difficult for me to search and to differentiate the new additions to inventory, which was apparent in the past.

I have also noticed that since the RCI acquisition of DAE, the inventory in the only European region (Italy) that I frequently saw has completely disappeared and the site has been flooded by the same type of non-prime, sell off inventory that I typically find in RCI. Quite honestly, I will be hard pressed to find a reason to renew my gold membership when it expires in a few months.
Hi Regatta333,
Thanks for sharing these thoughts with me. I will echo the feedback you have received from Donita & Fermin; we are working hard to improve the sharing of all inventory between regions and members and we will continue to do so, with a particular focus on the UK & Europe, in the coming months.
One of the reasons this website transformation was such a huge project was that we also transitioned to an all new exchange management system, designed specifically to improve the areas of concern that you are sharing.
While we continue to work on the integration of our European inventory, I would recommend placing a request into the system, as a huge proportion of our exchanges are completed via match request.
I hope that helps!
Chloe

ChloeDAE

Reaction score
Chloe,

Since this has turned into a feedback thread I would echo regatta333's comments as to the European inventory not being integrated. In fact yesterday I found a Costs del Sol unit on the UK site that I would have liked but was unavailable on the US site even though I have had a request in for the same. Consequently I have never utilised a daelive exchange and find it hard to recommend to others.
Hi Mark,
This sounds like a pretty specific frustration we would like to look into in more detail. I can see availability in Costa del Sol but without knowing the specific date/resort I can't shed much light on this particular frustration you have I am afraid. If you would like to chat more about this, outside of this thread, I would be more than happy to see what is going on and ensure your request is in the system so we can match it appropriately. Feel free to send me an email and I will chase up with the team in your local office.
As I mentioned in my reply to Regata333, we are working on better integration and we hope to continue to improve the experience for all of our members across the globe.
Thanks again,
Chloe

regatta333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Regatta333,
Thanks for sharing these thoughts with me. I will echo the feedback you have received from Donita & Fermin; we are working hard to improve the sharing of all inventory between regions and members and we will continue to do so, with a particular focus on the UK & Europe, in the coming months.
One of the reasons this website transformation was such a huge project was that we also transitioned to an all new exchange management system, designed specifically to improve the areas of concern that you are sharing.
While we continue to work on the integration of our European inventory, I would recommend placing a request into the system, as a huge proportion of our exchanges are completed via match request.
I hope that helps!
Chloe

Chloe,
I have had requests for European resorts that have gone unfulfilled for years, despite having pretty broad parameters. I will go so far as to say that I have NEVER had a match on a European resort request. In the old version website, where you could see what European inventory had been recently booked, I would frequently see the "Sold" banner attached to inventory for which I had had ongoing requests, but had been snagged by European members because they had priority, even though my search request had been initiated first.

In all the years since I first provided feedback about this shortcoming, I have failed to notice any improvement. I used to be able to at least sometimes get US inventory matches. Since the RCI acquisition, even this has now deteriorated significantly. I no longer see ANY inventory for Hawaii, except for rentals--the RCI modus operandi. I despair of getting any matches for even my US search requests.

There has not been a single poster who has found the new website to be an improvement over the old. It is now completely frustrating to be able to have to put in specific regions in dates (and to only be able to put in a 6-month date range). It has made searching much less efficient and completely frustrating. Quite honestly, I see very little difference between your inventory and what is available through RCI, and do not see why it would have been worth the effort to develop these website "improvements", when you could have just rolled your inventory over to RCI and their website.

travel maniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been a GOLD member with DAE for a while. I also DON'T like the new website, especially the removal of the search for all resorts within one location.

I've been happy with the availability of units in my preferred location. However, for the past few years, the service has gone down considerably - it's very difficult to get hold of someone (there is a standard voicemail that says we are experiencing a high call volume), and if you do, they're not that helpful. I'll most probably NOT renew the GOLD membership going forward.

bigeyes1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am also a DAE Gold member. It is highly unlikely I will be renewing my Gold membership. I was debating on this decision for a while now because DAE has not been able to match hardly any of my search requests. Now with this new website, I am leaning more towards of nixing DAE altogether. Don't get me wrong. The website looks neat and clean. I just do not like the search format. Why are we not able to search "All" regions at the same time anymore? It is extremely time consuming to have to keep going back to search different areas. Why the 6 months search limit? Are gold members still seeing new inventory 2 weeks prior to it being released to the free members? As it stands now, I am hardly seeing ANY inventory at all.

NEW WEBSITE = MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT :bawl:

cerralee

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yesterday while trying to navigate the website, I was befuddled by the choices given for Oahu Hawaii. It had three different subsets that I never heard of. I gave up and a customer rep put in the request. When I checked under my account it was listed as Honolulu. That wasn't even an option when I tried to set it up myself. Today it looks like the areas under each region are gone. Looking at the available inventory it looks like a huge chunk of RCI last call inventory. I hope that good stuff is still sometimes available. All the prices have risen. The good specials that they used to have like two for ones are probably not going to be as often or if any. This time of year I always looked for the specials before depositing and had really good exchanges in the past. I think that is gone. I also enjoyed looking at the sold listings. It at least let me know what I had missed out on.

Last edited:

travel maniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am also a DAE Gold member. It is highly unlikely I will be renewing my Gold membership. I was debating on this decision for a while now because DAE has not been able to match hardly any of my search requests. Now with this new website, I am leaning more towards of nixing DAE altogether. Don't get me wrong. The website looks neat and clean. I just do not like the search format. Why are we not able to search "All" regions at the same time anymore? It is extremely time consuming to have to keep going back to search different areas. Why the 6 months search limit? Are gold members still seeing new inventory 2 weeks prior to it being released to the free members? As it stands now, I am hardly seeing ANY inventory at all.

NEW WEBSITE = MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT :bawl:

Some great points!

As for the 6 months search limit, it's only when you start searching first. After the first search, press "edit search" and voila, it lets you change the date range to greater than 6 months! A little strange but it worked for me. I actually like the "edit search" function. Having said that, can't agree more that overall the new website is a major disappointment.

eschjw

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oakmont
There are several new features that I like. The date range search range feature is a welcome addition and the graphics are nice and clean. The ability to see exchanges, bonus, rental and DAE Option weeks all on one search is nice. Also appreciated is the ability to exclude inclusive resorts. I did notice the collections feature and the ability to move beyond 6 months after editing the initial search. Why have the date limit on the first search?

Here are a few things that I would like to see improved.

1. When choosing areas to search, the new interface forces you to click on a single area and drill down. If area boxes could be checked instead then multiple areas could be searched at the same time. Please get away from only using click and drill down as your main way of site navigation.
2. Add an all check box on all appropriate pages.
3. The search areas for the US have changed and some of the states have moved around in the areas. I have had to hunt but I have finally figured it out.
4. I would really like the ability to search a country by: all, an area(s) or a finer grain subdivision such as a state(s). But PLEASE implement this as a check box and not as a drill down feature.
5. I miss seeing the sold inventory because most requests are filled prior to listing on the site. If you don't list sold then I don't even know that these resorts have been available and may be available in the future.
6. What in the world is the sort order for the results page?

Is there still a 2 week hold on inventory before it becomes available for non gold members? I do not see that distinction any more. That's all for now and I hope you set a goal of continuous improvement for your site.

PS: tell Bonnie I said hi and thanks for her help on filling my requests. Joe

tseebach

Reaction score
I agree with @eschjw that there are some helpful new features, especially being able to exclude all-inclusive resorts and selecting by date range. Since I had traded into Mexico a few times, it is great to be able exclude all-inclusives as they made up about 90% of the availability in some parts of Mexico which made it harder to find the non-all-inclusives.

I also disagree with some of the negative posts about DAE in 2018. Inventory was very low, but seems to have gotten better. I've had good success over the last 20 years getting trades through them including two in the last 7 months. Both were from a deposit one week and get two weeks promotion from about 3 years ago. I had a match came through for an April 2018 ski week at Whistler that I had been requesting for a couple years. Not only did we have great snow, but our week included the start of the World Ski and Snowboard Festival that had free concerts and other events. Yesterday, I returned from a week at Cachet Beach, formerly Cabo Villas Beach Resort, that is in the middle of Medano Beach and next to Hacienda where condos are $2-5M. Since we traded in, we did not get much of a view (although I saw worse units), but we did get a huge 1 bedroom with 2 very nice bathrooms and a large outdoor space with seating for about 20 people next to the adult pool.

I had not had problems contacting DAE and they have been contacting me to offer weeks that match my searches even though I do not have any banked weeks remaining. Also, when I went to print my confirmation about 4 PM on the day before I left for Cabo. I realized they had never sent me one (I had previously held another Cabo exchange before seeing and booking Cabo Villas) and I was unable to get their system to send me one. Even though it was late on Friday and they never had this problem or done it with their new system, after a long phone call, they were able to send it to me later that afternoon.

Ask DAE

TUG Member
Reaction score

Hi Larry, I'm sorry that I got your message a bit late. How did you go with your login on the new daelive.com?
I am not sure if you noticed, but now, on the new website, we have pulled together lists of resorts based on the activities as you suggested.
Here is the link if you want to take a look: https://www.daelive.com/destinations
I hope you liked it! :)