• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Yosemite Tour in Japanese? [ Old Thread from 4/08 ]

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anybody know of a tour company that would do a tour of Yosemite in Japanese, leaving from San Francisco?

We just found out that my wife's Japanese cousin and her son will be here for a week in late summer. She sent an email with an outrageous schedule. In a week, she wants to: visit SF; visit Monterey/Carmel and spend time with us and other family members; go to a Giants game; and visit Yosemite. In a week! :wall:

I know folks from out of the country don't realize the scale of things here, but she should know better. First, she has visited before, although it's been 20 years, so she's forgiven on that one. But second, her father (my wife's Japanese uncle) did that whirlwind tour on a visit about 5 years ago. He frequently mentioned how crazy the Yosemite tour was, dawn to dusk and so quick that they couldn't see much. And with 9 hours on a bus just to get there from SF and return. He disliked the whirlwind so much that, when he came back to visit 2 years ago, he explicitly asked us (meaning me) to do a reasonable Yosemite tour. We took him there for three days, staying at a lodge in El Portal. He appreciated seeing it at a more reasonable pace, and with a tour guide (me) who could show him around.

Well, DW's cousin is coming at a time when I can't play tour guide. And she only has a week for all the above. I've located some two-day bus tours of Yosemite from SF, staying overnight in the park. But they don't mention whether they have Japanese language commentary. Masami can make herself understood in English, but would have a hard time following detailed commentary in English. And I don't think Junpei, her son, speaks English at all.

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
This tour company will provide a Japanese speaking guide http://www.yosemitetours.us/limos/

check out this company too
H.I.S. TOURS USA, Inc.

Offering a variety of original sightseeing tours for Japanese speakers around San Francisco and affordable flight tickets to Japan and all over the world. Customized/charter groups on request. Advance reservations required. Group rates available. Minimum number in a group 11.

Address: 870 Market Street, Suite 746
City: San Francisco 94102
Phone: 415-296-1180
Fax: 415-296-1107
Email: okamoto@histours.com

Richard

travelster

Banned
Reaction score
I think this website will give you a best ideas you want to know about tour in Yosemite [link removed at request of linked site owner]

Last edited by a moderator:

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Resurrected Old Thread

Note, this is an old thread being resurrected.

Richard

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Probaby by a spammer! :annoyed: