• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Yosemite Lodging- Need advice please!!!

scottmindib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

We are looking to go to yosemite. I was hoping you all could give me rentals near the west side of the park or close by that you would recommend. I would love to rent a timeshare unit or a vacation rental close to the park so we can enjoy it. I would rather stay away from hotels if I could because I have a fmaily of five. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Scott in Arizona

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You can actually rent private cabins in the park at The Redwoods in Yosemite. They have everything from rustic 1 bdm. cabins to luxury homes available. They are located near the Wawona area of the park - http://www.redwoodsinnyosemite.com/index.htm

The nearest timeshares are Worldmark at Bass Lake, but I think they are an hour or more drive to Yosemite Valley.

Diane

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, Worldmark Bass Lake is 15 minutes away from the South entrance to Yosemite but it is another hour from there to the Valley Floor, which is the main attraction. Much better to stay in the park if you are there to enjoy the park.

Diane

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Diane said:
Much better to stay in the park if you are there to enjoy the park.

If you want to stay in the park you need to book quite far ahead. I think all park lodging can be booked through the park website: http://www.yosemitepark.com/

eal

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you asked that question!

I spent four nights in Yosemite last month. I booked a whole house with a deck, master bedroom and loft bedroom (1 1/2 baths) through http://www.yosemitewest.com

I booked in March. They are very 20th century - I had to phone, send cheques, and pay up front, etc. I thought it was expensive, costing out at $225 a night after taxes, but when we got there it was worth every penny. The location is inside the park about 10 miles south of the Wiwona Tunnel and right near the turnoff to Glacier Point. We had originally thought of getting an exchange into Bass Lake through SFX, but when we actually got there we realized just how far away from the action Bass Lake really is.

When we first walked onto the deck after bringing in our suitcases we saw a deer saunter by, the perfect touch!

The condos that Yosemite West also advertises were not nearly as nice - with a party of five you will be happier in a house.

kapish

TUG Member
Reaction score
Diane said:
Yes, Worldmark Bass Lake is 15 minutes away from the South entrance to Yosemite but it is another hour from there to the Valley Floor, which is the main attraction. Much better to stay in the park if you are there to enjoy the park.

Diane
You are absolutely right! "Yosemite Valley" where you find Yosemite Lodge, and trails to El Capitan, Half Dome, Mirror Lake, Yosemite Falls, Vernal Falls etc. is about an hour's drive from the South entrance to the park. If you are interested in exploring the Yosemite Valley and all its features without having to do this drive everyday, then staying at any one of the numerous cabins or hotel rooms in the valley would be advisable.

On the other hand, Scott was inquiring about timeshare condos near the park and I wanted to make sure the WM Bass Lake is suggested.

BTW, here is a quick write up of our recent visit to Yosemite where 15 of us stayed in 3 canvas tent cabins! :)

TerriJ

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a really nice day trip into Yosemite from Angels Camp Worldmark. This is probably farther than you want to go, but the trip to Yosemite itself was very scenic. This resort had a lot of activities for kids.

Terri

birdwoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Highway 140 into Yosemite closed Most times

Hi,
I hope this isn't too late. Due to a rock slide in the spring Highway 140 which has a lot of hotels etc is closed except for an hour very early in the morning and then open an hour in the evening. If you get a place on that side of Yosemite you will have to drive well over an hour or even close to 2 to get into the valley. It's killing those little towns because they have lost so many tourists.
Make sure you drive up to Glacier Point for an entirely different view of the valley.
I have been up there at least once or twice a month this year as it is my favorite place in the world. I only live an hour away.
Have a great time.

sandesurf

TUG Member
Reaction score
kapish said:
BTW, here is a quick write up of our recent visit to Yosemite where 15 of us stayed in 3 canvas tent cabins! :)

Kapish, loved the write up. 16 people!? How fun! We've stayed in those tent cabins before. Great experience! Last time we went (June 05) we stayed in one of the cabins. We felt like we were in the lap of luxury! LOL

Everyone needs to see Yosemite Valley in their lifetime, including Glaciar Point! We almost didn't make that drive last time but we would have missed a lot. It's worth it!

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yosemite trip planned

I am going on a California coast trip in April which includes 1 night spent at Yosemite Lodges with Collette Tours as our travel guide. What kind of weather can I expect in early April? TIA.

sandesurf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kay, There could very well still be snow on the ground. I would expect it to be cool-cold during the day and very cold at night. (40-68 degrees).

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, in April the road to Glacier Point will be closed past Badger Pass, as will the road to the high country. There may be some snow on the ground in the valley, but not likely, or not very much anyway. But it will be nippy at night.

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you both for your replies. No big surprise re weather but I hope it doesn't cramp our viewing:bawl: