TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

Yellowstone

Discussion in 'US - Western States Timesharing' started by dago, Jun 19, 2017.

1. geist1223

geist1223 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Worldmark 89,000
    Seaside Oregon Residence Club
    Diamond Resorts Intermnational Hawaiian Collection 25,000
    Yea we went and planned a trip to WM West Yellowstone for 9/8-15/18. Got a 2 Bedroom and a 3 bedroom. It will be 4 years since our last trip to Yellowstone by the time of this trip. All 3 kids, 2 DILs, and 2 granddaughters. Last time we were by ourselves.

mpumilia, DaveNW and Passepartout like this.
  2. NHpauls

NHpauls Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Geist: did you do an on-going search to get the WMark? Or do your own constant searching?

3. geist1223

geist1223 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Worldmark 89,000
    I did my own search 13 months in advance to the day. I set up the search under saved searches the night before. Then I signed on at 5:59am. At 6am I hit Book it. This got me my 3 bedroom unit. Then all the 2 bedrooms were gone. So that night I set up a 2 Bedroom saved search. The next morning I again signed on at 5:59am and hit Book it at 6am and got my 2 bedroom but off by a day. So I then put in 2 Wait List Requests. One for a week to match my 3 bedroom dates and 1 for 1 day to match my 3 bedroom dates. Then next day I got an email that my 1 day Wait List was available. So I called and added the start date to my 2 bedroom reservation to match my 3 bedroom request and dropped off the last day of my 2 bedroom reservation. So I ended up with a 2 Bedroom and a 3 bedroom reservations for the same 7 days. You can do a less that a 7 day Wait List Request at 13 months when there are no units of the type you want at 13 months minus a day.

4. exyeh

exyeh TUG Member

"You can do a less that a 7 day Wait List Request at 13 months when there are no units of the type you want at 13 months minus a day."
    geist1223, my experience is different. when I asked for a waitlist with less then 7 days (say 4-7 days), the system won't let me. Is there a specific circumstance it will work?

5. Passepartout

Passepartout TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

This should be reposted to all newbies who want/need specific sizes/seasons in hard-to-book resorts or areas. It ain't as easy as picking up the phone and making a reservation. PLANNING is the key. There is a learning curve to getting what you want.

Jim

mpumilia likes this.
  6. geist1223

geist1223 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Worldmark 89,000
    When I asked to do the 1 day Wait List the VPC Counselor said I could not do it until the 10 month Booking Window. I asked to speak to a Supervisor. I explained to the Supervisor what I wanted to do. The Supervisor checked and verified there were no 2 Bedrooms available for the date I wanted. This entitled me to do the Wait List for 1 day.

7. geist1223

geist1223 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Worldmark 89,000
    When I first called VPC the Counselor said I could not do a 1 day Wait List until the 10 month Booking Window. I asked to speak to a Supervisor. I explained to the Supervisor what I wanted to do. The Supervisor verified there were no 2 bedroom units available for the time period in question. This entitled me to do the 1 day Wait List even though it was 13 months minus 1 day.

The no cost WM Wait List is a fantastic tool that a person needs to learn how to use. An Account can have up to 4 Wait List Requests pending at any given time. The Wait List Request can be very specific - a certain day or days, in a named Resort, in a certain sized Unit. Or it can be more general - 1 to "X" days, in a 1 bedroom or larger, on Maui, during "Y" month. With 8 weeks notice by using the Wait List I was able to put together a week at Kihei in a 3 bedroom Condo. The days kind of dribbled in until I had 7 consecutive days.

8. geist1223

geist1223 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Worldmark 89,000
    The day or days can not be available. So if you are looking for 4 days and 1 or 2 are available you have to book those 1 or 2 days and then Wait List the remaining days. Also I do not try and do this with the Online Wait List System but by calling in to the VPC and many times a Supervisor has to get involved.

9. mpumilia

mpumilia Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Smugglers Notch Resort
    Innseason Pollard Brook
    I did it the easy way. I rented from another owner for the exact dates I wanted. Easy Peasy.

10. geist1223

geist1223 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Worldmark 89,000
    But the original owner had to be able to get the Reservation in order to rent to you. Almost all of the Rentals are by Megarenters that through a variety of tricks using multiple Accounts monopolize West Yellowstone to the detriment of all other WM Owners. This is especially true for the 2 and 3 bedroom units during the summer. The WM BOD has enacted several rule changes to try and slow down the Megarenters. These include changes in # of Wait List per owner (from 8 to 4), Group Reservations, limitations on transfer of Points among Owners (2X your Account size In/Out), and no Transfer of Housekeeping Credits. While we object to most of these changes (never rented in or out Points and never rented out a Reservation I have made) as restrictions on our free use of what we purchased the Membership and BOD is still waiting to see if any of these changes slow down the Megarenters.

11. exyeh

exyeh TUG Member

I especially oppose this rule "no Transfer of Housekeeping Credits". This is just another way worldmark makes money on us. This transfer of token has nothing to do with the mega renters making money on worldmark accounts.

12. mpumilia

Resorts Owned:
    Smugglers Notch Resort
    Innseason Pollard Brook

I rented in September, but this was a number of years ago- like 2011. I do not believe she is a "mega renter"- just a Worldmark owner who lives in Montana and has a lot of points and does rent out some of them each year. I called her a year ahead of time because I know how timeshares and exchanging work- so she could book it. I looked on Redweek and saw her ad. I didn't pay any housekeeping charges. We did have to pay for internet. There is always the option of renting directly from the resort itself, which is what we did this past June in Colorado. Yeah- it was expensive but still worth it.

13. mpumilia

Resorts Owned:
    Smugglers Notch Resort
    Innseason Pollard Brook

I rented in September, but this was a number of years ago- like 2011. I do not believe she is a "mega renter"- just a Worldmark owner who lives in Montana and has a lot of points and does rent out some of them each year. I called her a year ahead of time because I know how timeshares and exchanging work- so she could book it. I looked on Redweek and saw her ad. I didn't pay any housekeeping charges. We did have to pay for internet. There is always the option of renting directly from the resort itself, which is what we did this past June in Colorado. Yeah- it was expensive but still worth it.