• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

wynn Las Vegas

labguides

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our daughter heard an ad on TV for good rates at the Wynn in Vegas. When she called the 800 number, it re-directed her to a 900# which said the call would cost $9.95. Do you think this is an ad actually from the Wynn or from a scammer or travel agency?

No, she didn't call the 900 #.

debraxh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds fishy to me, why would someone need to pay $9.95 to make a reservation?. I wouldn't call the 900#, but would call the Wynn directly to ask about it.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see you are here in SoCal, but I don't know about your daughter. But here in LA, I have never seen or heard a Wynn ad that advertises rates(that I remember).

I would be suspect about any call that re-directed me to a 900#. I seriously doubt it's from the Wynn, which btw is a wonderful property.

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
You were correct to be skeptical . I'm sure it's a scam, not from Wynn.

Got a new ebay scam the other day. An email that looked like an individual telling me he noticed I picked up the cash, but where is his camera. Pretty good scam, right, because the first thing you think of is that your ebay account was hacked and somebody is using it rip-off customers under your account. Unfortunately, for the scammer, the email was sent to my work email address, and of course, I don't use my work email address for ebay.

The email contained a phony link allegedly back to ebay to respond to that mail. Since I don't display html in email, it was very easy to spot the phony link.

-David

Last edited:

labguides

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our daughter, who heard the ad for the Wynn, lives in Vegas, but was traveling on the I-15 to Barstow when she heard the ad for the Wynn. She did call the Wynn and was re-directed many times. Finally, someone told her to take it up with the radio station. She did not go as far as to ask to speak with a manager. IMHO, the Wynn is too classy to ask potential guests to pay $9.95 for a call to make a reservation.

<<An email that looked like an individual telling me he noticed I picked up the cash, but where is his camera>.
I get that type of spam frequently or one with someone asking me question about an item that I have listed on ebay, when I don't have anything listed on ebay.