• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham - Was Wyndham Access, now Plus, but I need help, advise, lost

Shane Palmer

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Call me a fool, but this stuff is all very new to me and I am or may not have gotten a good deal on everything I did.

Almost a year ago, I got 200k points for 30k for Access. The good the wife and I did one of those beloved sales things, and now we have 326,000 for 56k for Plus. So we changed from Access to Plus. The home resort is Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort. The sales guy, whom I won't name appeared very credible, well respected, and basically one of the top dogs for Wyndham. The vive was he was too important for someone like me, but never showed it in any way.

Shame on me, but I can't remember what I got per point. All I know it was whatever they cost in 2008. So the problem now comes in affordability. I am young, stupid, etc. almost 30. I had access for almost 1 year, I could afford this, pay extra towards my mortgage, save for my kids collage, continue to build my 401k and some other investments to retire around 67. My payments will basically double now with Plus. I can make it happen, but it means I will actually have to rearrange how I spend money, maybe pay off my mortgage month to month with nothing extra. In other words, I will have to do this thing called budgeting. Yes yes, probably should have done this already, but I always thought why bother when I live comfortably with really no worries. But now I am kind of worried and I'm second guessing everything.

Sales guy said he has people trying to get into Bonnet Creek, there is a wait list, and Wyndham will just randomly select people with access and move them into the "Plus" via Bonnet Creek. Lucky hat draw sort of thing. Thinking back on a lot of things he said, red flags shoot up. Mainly because I do not know if what was said is true or not. I have tried to do research, but I am not coming up with anything helpful, so I am hoping everyone, someone, here can help me out. I keep telling myself that I want the 200k points and so far I am very happy with it, and I really do not need the Plus. As always the deal is now or never, and it sounded like it was a very good deal, with a 25k discount on the deal.

I would really appreciate some advise on if this was a good deal, should I try to keep it, or just back out of it as I signed for this on 5/13/2019 and I believe I have 10 days to get out of it.

If more information is needed, I can do my best to provide it.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
Rescind now. Follow the instructions in your contract and don’t talk to the salesman. Just do everything by the book and send it certified mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
What state were you in when you bought the additional points? That will determine how long you have to rescind.

If you have any doubt at all, and it is still possible, rescind. Then, do one or two things. First, allow yourself time to think calmly about what your vacation needs are in the next few years, and whether or not you really need the extra 126K points. Second, decide whether or not buying them from Wyndham (vs. buying on the secondary market) makes more sense for you. If buying direct makes more sense, you can call the sales guy back, ask for the same deal, and you will almost certainly get it.

I can't answer #1 for you. I own 189K plus a few fixed weeks, and that's enough for us right now. But, if I wanted more points, I would not personally buy them from Wyndham, and would buy on the secondary market instead.

Shane Palmer

Reaction score
Rescind now. Follow the instructions in your contract and don’t talk to the salesman. Just do everything by the book and send it certified mail.

May I ask why?

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
May I ask why?

Check eBay for Wyndham bonnet creek. You can buy 300,000 annual pints for 1200.00

Check resortnetwork.com
You can buy 154000 points for 1000.00

That just asking price they will take less. Cancel the contract spend some time reading on the TUG Wyndham forum and then follow the advice.

Nothing depreciates faster than a retail timeshare.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
135de791b8ad1062bed3c9f3c76496e7.jpg

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
6568a652eb94c34df50d936d6065510f.jpg

Shane Palmer

Reaction score
I have spent browsed around and read several posts, but just couldn't find what I was looking for. This information is very helpful, thank-you for spending extra time pointing this out.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lies, lie and more lies! You statement, "The sales guy, whom I won't name appeared very credible, well respected, and basically one of the top dogs for Wyndham. The vive was he was too important for someone like me, but never showed it in any way," got me rolling on the floor laughing my as off. Who told you that? Another Sales Weasel?

Rescind now! Don't wait! Don' think about! Do it now! Just do it!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
The sales weasel at Star Island told me buying resale would not let me book the nice places like Bonnet Creek.Rescind now. Buy resale save yourself thousands.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
The sales weasel at Star Island told me buying resale would not let me book the nice places like Bonnet Creek.Rescind now. Buy resale save yourself thousands.
You save not just thousands, but tens of thousands of dollars. Rescind now and use that $30K on a new Harley and some firearms, and don't forget a pallet of ammo. That's what I would do.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
You save not just thousands, but tens of thousands of dollars. Rescind now and use that $30K on a new Harley and some firearms, and don't forget a pallet of ammo. That's what I would do.
Yea but what about the status of becoming a PR VIP? You can never become VIP buying resale.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Harley , firearms , pallet of ammo !!! Can I double like a post!!!!

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yea but what about the status of becoming a PR VIP? You can never become VIP buying resale.
Yea, but we're talking about buying a Harley, firearms and a lot of ammo. And maybe a couple of Labrador puppies too.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
But now I am kind of worried and I'm second guessing everything.
This says it all to me. Rescind, take time to learn about what you have, how to use it, and how to get to where you want to be (on your timeline). You are at the right place for learning. Rescinding is easy and nothing to be embarrassed about. Most of us have been caught in the moment and most of us have rescinded a contract at one time or another. You have 10 days in Florida, the contract cancellation information should be in your purchase packet. Good Luck!!!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
False statement
BD,
Thanks for this correction of my error. You can become a VIP if you take over a family members VIP accout or find a VIP and marry his daughter in hope of becoming a VIP through inheritance. Feel free to cover any other misinterpretations I may have posted.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yea, but we're talking about buying a Harley, firearms and a lot of ammo. And maybe a couple of Labrador puppies too.
Yea but VIP may be worth the money to achieve the status.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

So what? He can always rent from a VIP, no?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
That may be true. I don't happen to think so, but even if it were: the original poster would be much better served by rescinding and taking the time to make that decision for themselves in the clear light of day. They can get this deal again if they want it.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

Only if, as the result of previous purchases, you happen to be well on your way to a particular VIP level. Starting from no ownership, I don't believe it would be worth the money unless some non-traditional purchases are involved.