• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Transfer time reports

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
Had some similar threads but need current intel on how long it is taking so I can plan a trip or make alternate plans.

Any recent reports on how long it takes Wyndham to transfer from when they receive it?

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
Under a month on deeded property. Much longer on CWA.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I don't have any CWA. Why do you think that takes longer for CWA? I would think deeded would be more complicated. Just wondering, not meaning at all to sound like I'm questioning what you are saying.

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't have any CWA. Why do you think that takes longer for CWA? I would think deeded would be more complicated. Just wondering, not meaning at all to sound like I'm questioning what you are saying.
I agree with your thinking...but reality is I’ve had some CWA sitting in line for 7 weeks while deeds submitted at the same time are in. Crazy but true.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had one transfer in about a month after sending it to Wyndham. Granted, they set up a new account so I still don't have the points, but at least it wasn't six months. I have another contract that was about a week behind this one. I've not heard anything about it, though.

Reaction score
I purchased 4 deeded contracts on Ebay. They all made it to Wyndham in May and June.
Sent to Wyndham 6/8 - transfer completed 8/16
Sent to Wyndham 6/13 - transfer completed 7/30
Sent to Wyndham 5/2 - transfer completed 8/4
Sent to Wyndham 5/2 - Not done yet
Of note - the 2 contracts that were sent to Wyndham on 5/2 were same seller, same buyer, same resort. 4 weeks later, the 2nd one is still in process.

AZLatin5

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Pacific Palisades
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Wyndham received 7/5 and transferred by 8/21!

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had one transfer in about a month after sending it to Wyndham. Granted, they set up a new account so I still don't have the points, but at least it wasn't six months. I have another contract that was about a week behind this one. I've not heard anything about it, though.

That missing deed has appeared this morning.

So much for aligning use years. That is all I have to say. :(

Upon second glance, I have a stranger on my account. And that deed isn't listed but a different one is although all of the rest of the contract numbers are correct. What the heck!

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
LOL, a new name to use to hold rooms!

My use years continue to be messed up. I had one contract they weren't not able to realign. Eventually they did that one. But in the mean time another one just won't realign. They switch it and it switches back. Periodically I get phone calls or emails saying they are continuing to work out. Meanwhile, I bought a new one, and it's not aligned either.

Very frustrating in that with all the use year aligning that has gone on over the years (back to the great alignment of 2012) I have rarely received prorated points. Because the bulk of my religning was done in 2014 and they weren't at that time offering prorated rates, I missed out (on about 1M points). Wyndham has never gotten my account completely straightened out. Even though in 2012 I was sent a letting saying my use years would be realigned, it was not when the bulk of accounts were. Most contracts have been adjusted and realigned, but never, ever, have all of my contracts had a Jan-Dec use year, which I was told I must have due to rules (introduced in 2012). But they are working on it.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
My Bali Hai completed in five weeks. Sometimes things can get delayed if there is an issue with the sellers account, the seller is dragging their feet with getting their end done, or the closing company forgot to submit some paperwork or the transfer fee. For those that are taking awhile, you can call to find out when they actually received the paperwork from the closing company, and if there were any notes. If there was delay because the closing company forgot something, it should be noted in there. If the seller said they submitted it a week after the auction, and Wyndham didn't get it until a month after the auction, you'll know there was a disconnect somewhere. Like maybe the closing company was not honest or Wyndham has the wrong info. It may not say if there was an issue on the seller's end because that is account information they cannot give out. Before buying, it might help to ask if seller had already done their portion of the paperwork and if they have an estoppel. I believe the estoppel is need by Wyndham or the closing company, or both. It can delay things if none of the paperwork is completed before hand.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

More of them, maybe?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
More of them, maybe?
Wyndham does all the transfer paperwork for CWA. Wyndham says to allow 4-6 weeks to send you the transfer paperwork to be signed and notarized. Then they say to allow 4-6 weeks ounce they receive the notarized paperwork back to complete the transfer. Allow 1 week for mail out and back your at a 9 week minimum. Wyndham might beat the 9 weeks but that’s the minimum they set for themselves anything less your supposed to be tickled pink!!

Last edited:

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Had some similar threads but need current intel on how long it is taking so I can plan a trip or make alternate plans.

Any recent reports on how long it takes Wyndham to transfer from when they receive it?

Important note to you:

They realigned my April UY contract and I received 0 points for 2018. I had been given 154k. Keep an eye out.

gwynhyvar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA (San Diego RARP)
Waikiki Beach Walk
Can someone please give me the number for the Wyndham title folks? I've got a resale transfer that's been sent to them, according to the closing company, and I want to follow up and see how it's going.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can someone please give me the number for the Wyndham title folks? I've got a resale transfer that's been sent to them, according to the closing company, and I want to follow up and see how it's going.
800-251-8736 option 2 then option 3
It’s the non VIP reservation phone number

antjmar

Reaction score
Don’t be surprised if they claim they haven’t received it yet even if the transfer company mailed it a couple weeks ago...

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
You need the contract number to get any info.

gwynhyvar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Waikiki Beach Walk
Don’t be surprised if they claim they haven’t received it yet even if the transfer company mailed it a couple weeks ago...
Yep, that's the line I got. I emailed the transfer company to confirm it was sent, just to be sure. I'll keep checking back. Here I was hoping I'd be lucky enough to have it go smoothly. ;)

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
LOL, a new name to use to hold rooms!

My use years continue to be messed up. I had one contract they weren't not able to realign. Eventually they did that one. But in the mean time another one just won't realign. They switch it and it switches back. Periodically I get phone calls or emails saying they are continuing to work out. Meanwhile, I bought a new one, and it's not aligned either.

Very frustrating in that with all the use year aligning that has gone on over the years (back to the great alignment of 2012) I have rarely received prorated points. Because the bulk of my religning was done in 2014 and they weren't at that time offering prorated rates, I missed out (on about 1M points). Wyndham has never gotten my account completely straightened out. Even though in 2012 I was sent a letting saying my use years would be realigned, it was not when the bulk of accounts were. Most contracts have been adjusted and realigned, but never, ever, have all of my contracts had a Jan-Dec use year, which I was told I must have due to rules (introduced in 2012). But they are working on it.

My use years were not realigned in the great purge. As a result, I could not reserve any WorldMark properties. When I requested a WorldMark reservation from a CV I was told that I couldn't do it because the nonalignment. Well then I said, "Get me someone who could do the realignment." Owner Care then did the realignment. I actually never made the WorldMark reservation.

Jim

gwynhyvar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Waikiki Beach Walk
Yep, that's the line I got. I emailed the transfer company to confirm it was sent, just to be sure. I'll keep checking back. Here I was hoping I'd be lucky enough to have it go smoothly. ;)
Replying to myself, isn't this fun? The contract is still en-route; they sent me the USPS tracking # to confirm it was mailed 9/10, but it hasn't been delivered yet. Needs to learn patience, this Padawan does! :p

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
5 deeds with different buyers and sellers last month. All transferred in 4 weeks or less from the time Wyndham received.

Graciem

Reaction score
Officially a new owner !!!

Wyndham received deed on 08/28 called today and was able to get a new member number. I was told they are still in the process of setting up the account and should wait 1 more week to finish the process.

By the way this was an Ebay resale with Vacation Properties for Less.

Last edited:

AZLatin5

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Pacific Palisades
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I’m concerned that I recently requested they combine my accounts. It took 6 weeks to complete the transfers (2 contracts) and I’ve been making reservations. I requested they combine them and they are “working” on it but do not want to lose any points or reservations I already have.

harveyhaddixfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
My paperwork was sent on Aug 8. I called 2 weeks ago and they said it showed in their system on 8/29. Transfer was completed 9/14!