• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Smoky Mountains 28,000 pts - w/free RCI!

KittyNip

Reaction score
I guess this is sort of FREE, as I don't care to be paid, but I don't want to pay Wyndham's $299 title transfer or any fees that the title transfer company charges (you can choose the company). You would be responsible for paying any charges associated with this transaction.

I searched forever to find such low points with Wyndham, as I wanted a full RCI membership for free and only have minimal maintenance fees. It has worked great, as I used the RCI $199 per week vacations often (mostly to Orlando and Vegas), but now I actually work with a company that allows me to do a lot of traveling and I just have no use for this. I have no kids or siblings to give it to and my friends just don't understand "timeshare." SO, I figured I'd advertise here where people know all about this stuff and how it works.

This is deeded at Wyndham's Smoky Mountain resort, but you can book at ANY of their 200+ resorts within a 10 month window (you can book the home resort 13 months out). The points are deposited every Oct. 1 and expired Sept. 30. The 28,000 pts are only $262.28 a year (includes the $134.68 HOA and $128.00 program fee).. broken down monthly, I pay $21.89.

I normally just use the Wyndham points to extend my RCI week vacation (which would usually be 1-3 days at Bonnet Creek, depending on time of year). I have used my ownership to sell RCI weeks for a profit, but that takes a lot of time and dedication, which I just don't have anymore.

When I bought these points (via eBay), I paid more money than I should have and a company took care of the whole thing, so I'm not sure of the exact process on how to sell. I'm looking for a buyer that knows about these things.

adriane2656

Reaction score
I am curious, how much is 1-3 days at Bonnet Creek through RCI? Is it still $199? What time of year do you go? Do you have a difficult time with availability?
I am not a Wyndham owner (yet) but I am looking around for something free or cheap. However, I don't know much about selling them or the process. I know there is a $299 transfer fee.

KittyNip

Reaction score
I am curious, how much is 1-3 days at Bonnet Creek through RCI? Is it still $199? What time of year do you go? Do you have a difficult time with availability?
I am not a Wyndham owner (yet) but I am looking around for something free or cheap. However, I don't know much about selling them or the process. I know there is a $299 transfer fee.

The $199 per week is not for Bonnet Creek.. it's just for a bunch of other timeshares that aren't as popular, which includes Wyndham's Star Island and Cypress Palms. I've never seen Bonnet Creek available through RCI.. I just use my 28,000 Wyndham points to book it, which varies due to the room size I need and time of year.. that's why I use it to stay longer than a week in the area. Down side is that I have to pack up and move resorts.. lol. And no, I don't have an issue with availability.. I've owned it for less than 3 years and I've already been to St. Thomas, Orlando, Destin, Panama City Beach, New Orleans, San Antonio, and sold a Wyndham Park City, UT $199 week to a friend (for a little profit).. again, I mostly use RCI... ranges from $199 during the sale weeks and goes up to $269 a week for last calls, which are trips booked within 45 days of travel. If you're able to plan last minute, it's awesome! The 28,000 points can only supplement a couple days, as the only Wyndham full week you can get with that is something like Branson at a crappy time of year. Wyndham no longer sells blocks of 28,000 points.. that's why it was so hard for me to find.

Bottom line.. if you can book last minute AND you're not picky about quality of resorts, then cheap yearly maintenance that comes with RCI is the way to go.

Last edited:

adriane2656

Reaction score
Can you convert the 28,000 Wyndham points to RCI points? How far does that go? Or, does that contribute towards the $199 a week price? (If you can't stay the entire week, is it still $199, or do they break it down further to a 5 day or per day rate?)
I don't understand how all that works-- still learning all this stuff!

KittyNip

Reaction score
Can you convert the 28,000 Wyndham points to RCI points? How far does that go? Or, does that contribute towards the $199 a week price? (If you can't stay the entire week, is it still $199, or do they break it down further to a 5 day or per day rate?)
I don't understand how all that works-- still learning all this stuff!

You can convert the 28,000 points to RCI, but there's a $239 fee to do that. I'm not exactly sure how far 28k points will spend in RCI, but supposedly the point values are lower through RCI and doing an exchange opens up more availability at all the resorts, even really desirable ones. I never wanted to test out that theory for $239 though... especially when the other way to use RCI works perfectly for me.

KittyNip

Reaction score
At the advice of this website:
L.T. Transfers
http://www.lttransfers.com/
readylegal@gmail.com
Thanks!

Ok.. great! I just checked out the website briefly. It looks like it will be $150 (their fee) + $299 (Wyndham's fee) = $450. Again, as originally listed, I don't want to pay that. I have to look for my deed.. if I can't find it, I'll pay the $25 fee for them to do the deed search. It seems to say their process can take up to 6 weeks, but just set expectations, it took 5 months for it to be transferred into my name. So, if you're okay with the $450 and how long it may take, then we can proceed. We'll swap emails so that we can share the basic info requested on their "Document Prepform".

adriane2656

Reaction score
That is fine. I have sent you a private message in "conversations" (you can find the link at the top of the screen under your sign on name).

Davinci

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
non owner. Looking to buy Wyndham Club Access Points
I can pay the fee...feel free to contact me at bren at calmatrix dot com (I wrote my email this way because to make sure spamming software doesnt copy it)

Thx