• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Sea Gardens refusing to honor Ocean Palms reservations for guests

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Well we shall see, as my fiends checkin at Sea Gardens in a few days.

I spoke to CHAD, I pointed out about the points being different for Ocean Palms, I asked him NOT to move them. I told them I expect an Ocean Palms unit. Period. End of Story.

I spoke to my guests (one of my dearest and longest friends (45+ yrs). I told them to NOT accept anything except Ocean Palms. I got them to print off the confirmation, the one that is sent immediately upon booking ONLINE, as that is the ONLY place where it actually states Ocean Palms building. Funny thing is the nice confirmation that comes the next day, omits that information. (Although Chad said ocean palms unit reservations come in coded differently than the rest of sea gardens.) I also told them the other section names, and to NOT accept those units. So I have given them as much info as I can.

I will call the resort again on Saturday (as that is likely the started of any fixed week checkins), then again the morning of checkin (Tuesday Mar 21).

I'll let everyone know how it goes.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm a fixed week owner at Ocean Palms I'm pleased with your report, but I will be bring a copy of my deed when I return.

Recently when we were there, a retail couple was not happy with their unit near the shuffle board court and asked to be moved. They were told that if they went to the update, they could be moved to an Ocean View unit. They refused because those are studios. A few days later the woman was lounging in the sun near the southeast corner of the Ocean Palms building. She was also there subsequent days so I assume that they moved her there but never intruded as to the conditions.

If you know the dates and whether it was a move between checkin days (ie saw her Sunday/Monday unhappy & was moved to her new roost in the new OP unit on Thursday ... it would be easy for Owner Care to figure out who authorized their MOVE and whether the Sales group paid for the Upgrade to the Ocean Palms HOA ... and also figure out WHO OWNED the Ocean Palms unit she was roosting in...esp it a fixed week as that owner should be entired to RACK RATE income from the sales group.

Inquiring minds want to know ... if the unit was in behind in HOA fees ... that revenue should be applied to those fees. Can't steal someone's time and NOT PAY for the usage. And it the owners, has paid ... the rate rack should be sent to those owners ... ALL THE RENT in both cases, as the Owners did not authorize usage OR the HOA should benefit from more than Wyndham management & sales from being liars and cheaters.

A unlawful taking of an item can not benefit the thief ... ie no fees or costs to cook the dead cow or cutting of the raw steaks or to tan the hide or make a coat. Usage for the owner to profit was denied ... labor of a thief should never be paid & indebtedness the thief incurs is HIS debt solely ... as the OWNER never was consulted or gave permission to do those services.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well you get front desk staff who work for hotels. They control ALL the room inventory. They don't have OWNER issues to contend with, and it makes them very autocratic. Timeshare hospitality is a slightly different animal to contend with, but you get some that don't appreciate the difference.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well here is my report back.....I guess the squeaky wheel approach worked.

History of what I did.

I booked Ocean Palms room # 556, not the best view, but I was only worried about getting dislodged and put elsewhere.
I put a DNM on room.
I called Chad/room assignment dude, and told him I have Ocean Palms booked and I expect an Ocean Palms unit. Called about 2 weeks before checkin. Explained I was VIP Platinum. I own 2 units at this resort, they are now fixed week converted to points. Explained that Ocean Palms units are MORE points than other 2 BR units, so do not downgrade my stay. Chad seems to NOT be aware of this point difference.
I called again Saturday, which is the check in day for the particular unit I booked, even though I only booked 5 nights. The other 2 nights for this unit started with a Sat Checkin. Reminded Chad I am expect what I booked.
Today they checked in.

Outcome:
They got the 556. Guess what, front desk staff said to them, "who do you know to get that unit". So it does appear that moving people into Ocean Palms continues and the front desk staff is aware.

I was told by the front desk when I called earlier in the week, that Chad, as GM or whatever role, is also the person who assigns the units, according to the front desk person I spoke to.

So it does work but you have to be insistent.