• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Santa Barbara - New Hotel being built next door

ddavid1073

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are traveling to the Wyndham Santa Barbara in Pompano in December. I just learned that a new hotel is being built. I spoke with someone at the SB who told me they thought the exterior of the building should be complete by then.

Looking at reviews on Trip Advisor it seems to be a problem for people visiting now.

Could anyone that's been there recently advise me on how complete the building is (i.e. looks like the frame is up)? Or anyone with other information about when the building is supposed to be finished, I'd appreciate it.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Made a note to myself to drive by the resort when we be over that way next Tuesday. Will take some pictures for you.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
We visited there in February. It's my understanding that it's condos. Some will be in a high rise across the street. At that time they were working on a structure close to the Santa Barbara and it wasn't pleasant. We talked to an owner on that side of SB in the pool area and she wasn't happy about the loss of view in the future.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I remember from staying at SB, those motels that occupied that lot ... where flea-bag places housing transit families being NOT pleasant.

And that is where the EYE of the storm came thru ... took awhile for the buildings to get condemned and moved. BUT the motels on the A1A side where ONLY 2 or 3 story in height. Casting a shadow from the south onto the Santa Barbara pool would NOT be GOOD.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Any idea how high they're going to build? My units are on the 8th floor and the view to the south is probably going to be of balconies and windows.

Regardless of how high they go, it probably will put the pool in shade almost all day, especially in the winter when the sun is lower.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Here are the promised pictures taken at noon today. As you can see the pool is in full sun. The resort and the building going up next to it are North/South of each other. The sun rises in the East and sets in the West so the pool might have varying amounts of shade depending on the time of year but always should have sun.

Wish I knew why the pictures are upside down and how to fix this. They are fine on my computer.

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-20_20-3-30.png
    upload_2018-7-20_20-3-30.png
    307.3 KB · Views: 116
  • 20180720_113450.jpg
    20180720_113450.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 127
  • 20180720_113432.jpg
    20180720_113432.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 20180720_113109.jpg
    20180720_113109.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 20180720_113006.jpg
    20180720_113006.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 129
  • 20180720_113002.jpg
    20180720_113002.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 141

ddavid1073

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here are the promised pictures taken at noon today. As you can see the pool is in full sun. The resort and the building going up next to it are North/South of each other. The sun rises in the East and sets in the West so the pool might have varying amounts of shade depending on the time of year but always should have sun.

Wish I knew why the pictures are upside down and how to fix this. They are fine on my computer.
Thanks Jan!

That was really kind of you.

I'll download the pics and flip them over!

I guess I'm more concerned with noise during the construction. Hopefully, they'll be done with the exterior by December! If not, we'll go across the street to the pool.

Thanks again!

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

The pictures are fine Jan - we're the ones who are upside down!

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil