TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Wyndham Santa Barbara - New Hotel being built next door

Discussion in 'Wyndham Vacation Resorts' started by ddavid1073, Jul 12, 2018.

1. ddavid1073

ddavid1073 TUG Member

We are traveling to the Wyndham Santa Barbara in Pompano in December. I just learned that a new hotel is being built. I spoke with someone at the SB who told me they thought the exterior of the building should be complete by then.

Looking at reviews on Trip Advisor it seems to be a problem for people visiting now.

Could anyone that's been there recently advise me on how complete the building is (i.e. looks like the frame is up)? Or anyone with other information about when the building is supposed to be finished, I'd appreciate it.

2. Jan M.

Jan M. Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
    RCI Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach
    Made a note to myself to drive by the resort when we be over that way next Tuesday. Will take some pictures for you.

3. Roger830

Roger830 TUG Member

We visited there in February. It's my understanding that it's condos. Some will be in a high rise across the street. At that time they were working on a structure close to the Santa Barbara and it wasn't pleasant. We talked to an owner on that side of SB in the pool area and she wasn't happy about the loss of view in the future.

4. vacationhopeful

vacationhopeful TUG Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Ft Lauderdale Beach, Wyndham Santa Barbara, Wyndham Royal Vista, Wyndham Sea Gardens, Wyndham Shawnee (Poconos)
    I remember from staying at SB, those motels that occupied that lot ... where flea-bag places housing transit families being NOT pleasant.

And that is where the EYE of the storm came thru ... took awhile for the buildings to get condemned and moved. BUT the motels on the A1A side where ONLY 2 or 3 story in height. Casting a shadow from the south onto the Santa Barbara pool would NOT be GOOD.

5. Roger830

Roger830 TUG Member

Here's a photo from February.

SB2018b.jpg

6. ddavid1073

ddavid1073 TUG Member

7. chapjim

chapjim TUG Member

Any idea how high they're going to build? My units are on the 8th floor and the view to the south is probably going to be of balconies and windows.

Regardless of how high they go, it probably will put the pool in shade almost all day, especially in the winter when the sun is lower.

8. Roger830

Roger830 TUG Member

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  9. Jan M.

Jan M. Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
    RCI Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach
    Here are the promised pictures taken at noon today. As you can see the pool is in full sun. The resort and the building going up next to it are North/South of each other. The sun rises in the East and sets in the West so the pool might have varying amounts of shade depending on the time of year but always should have sun.

Wish I knew why the pictures are upside down and how to fix this. They are fine on my computer.

Attached Files:

10. ddavid1073

ddavid1073 TUG Member

Thanks Jan!

That was really kind of you.

I'll download the pics and flip them over!

I guess I'm more concerned with noise during the construction. Hopefully, they'll be done with the exterior by December! If not, we'll go across the street to the pool.

Thanks again!

Jan M. likes this.
  11. bbodb1

bbodb1 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club (Pompano Beach, FL), RCI Points: Oakmont Resort (Pigeon Forge, TN), Vacation Village at Parkway
    Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison
    The pictures are fine Jan - we're the ones who are upside down!

12. bbodb1

bbodb1 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club (Pompano Beach, FL), RCI Points: Oakmont Resort (Pigeon Forge, TN), Vacation Village at Parkway
    Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison
    Jan M. and ecwinch like this.