• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Resort at Fairfield Glade - Limited Exchange Availability?

Are you satisfied with the RCI Exchange Program and is it better, worse or the same as 5 years ago.

• Yes, satisfied

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No change in 5 years

• Better than 5 years ago

• Total voters

bbakernbay

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know why such a huge timeshare resort as Wyndham Resort at Fairfield Glade has such a limited inventory of units available for exchange? Very rarely do I find 1 bedroom units show up.

I am generally looking at the shoulder months of April and October so as to enjoy some golf on the way to or from Florida. Last Call opportunities are few.

Fairfield Glade has hundreds of timeshares, is Wyndham holding these for rentals instead of letting them be used for exchange?

I have also read on the TUG BBS that the RCI computer system is not functioning properly.

I am very close to cancelling my RCI Membership as I am finding Exchanges are much more difficult than previous years.

Do others have similar issues or is it me?

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the same problem that is occurring at their Williamsburg,Va Patriots Resort.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I would suspect a lot of owners buy there to use their units. October is leaf peeking time and April is generally pretty incredible in Tennessee. You will see similar patterns in Gatlinburg, I expect.

Sheila

bbakernbay

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got lucky on a recent RCI sale at Wyndham for a 2 bedroom for 2 consecutive weeks in April at a terrific price, much better than owning!

eschjw

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oakmont
I have been looking for a rental/exchange here for April or May without any luck. Would you mind sharing where you found this sale? I am not a RCI Member. Thanks, Joe

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't see much for April, but there is TONS of availability for May in RCI Extra Vacations for this resort. Almost every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday have 1BR, and several have 2BR available. $450 for 1BR, $495 for 2BR. Likely even cheaper the next time RCI has a "sale" (which is pretty frequently.)

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know why such a huge timeshare resort as Wyndham Resort at Fairfield Glade has such a limited inventory of units available for exchange? Very rarely do I find 1 bedroom units show up.

I am generally looking at the shoulder months of April and October so as to enjoy some golf on the way to or from Florida. Last Call opportunities are few.

Fairfield Glade has hundreds of timeshares, is Wyndham holding these for rentals instead of letting them be used for exchange?

I have also read on the TUG BBS that the RCI computer system is not functioning properly.

I am very close to cancelling my RCI Membership as I am finding Exchanges are much more difficult than previous years.

Do others have similar issues or is it me?

October is PRIME season. Leaf peeping is very popular. Even April is still HIGH season. Value & Quiet Season is Jan-Mar & Nov-Dec (except week 52).

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
It is very rare so see no availability at Fairfield Glade through RCI in my experience. When Wyndham gets their inventory problems worked out there should be something available.

For those of you who aren't Wyndham owners, the new Wyndham system that was brought online last May still has some bugs in it. There have been problems with the inventory at resorts that have two bedroom lock offs, usually a one bedroom deluxe and either a studio or a one bedroom standard connected by a locking door.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have noticed a decline in the exchange inventory on RCI too, and was actually reconsidering dropping my membership also.