• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham rent and no name on it

Violeta

Reaction score
Hello
I did rent many many trips from different people during last 11 years or so. Some through ebay,some craigslist and some from here.
Now I got a week in Oceanwalk ,paid paypal with invoice explaining what i pay for, but I never received email from Wyndham with my name. Guy keeps saying that he put my name on reservation. When I call wyndham they say his name is there not my. What to do? He says that wyndham dont send emails to guests, but I always got emails before. I am worried now.
Are there any changes in Wyndham with reservations?
When I called Wyndham, they confirmed He does have a reservation he sold me on his name. He sent me welcome email that he edited , THE one he got when he booked trip back in 2018 and put my name on it himself.

Any advice?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello
I did rent many many trips from different people during last 11 years or so. Some through ebay,some craigslist and some from here.
Now I got a week in Oceanwalk ,paid paypal with invoice explaining what i pay for, but I never received email from Wyndham with my name. Guy keeps saying that he put my name on reservation. When I call wyndham they say his name is there not my. What to do? He says that wyndham dont send emails to guests, but I always got emails before. I am worried now.
Are there any changes in Wyndham with reservations?
He does have a reservation he sold me on his name. He sent me welcome email that he edited , THE one he got when he booked trip back in 2018 and put my name on it himself.

Any advice? Guess have to ask for my money back, do a dispute...

How can you ask for your money back or do a dispute for something which has not yet occurred? Do you know for a fact that you will not be able to check in?

I would suggest you contact Wyndham directly at their 800 phone number, explain the situation, and maybe they may be able to either confirm or deny that your name is in their reservation system for the date and property involved.

I'd go that route prior to any disputes to save spinning your wheels for nothing.

Violeta

Reaction score
How can you ask for your money back or do a dispute for something which has not yet occurred? Do you know for a fact that you will not be able to check in?

I would suggest you contact Wyndham directly at their 800 phone number, explain the situation, and maybe they may be able to either confirm or deny that your name is in their reservation system for the date and property involved.

I'd go that route prior to any disputes to save spinning your wheels for nothing.

Thank you. Will try again tomorrow. I am afraid to get scammed. Imagine driving w 3 little ones from Chicago to FL and they tell you same thing like over phone- no guest name on reservation that you provided...

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Will try again tomorrow. I am afraid to get scammed. Imagine driving w 3 little ones from Chicago to FL and they tell you same thing like over phone- no guest name on reservation that you provided...

I don't blame you for worrying about this but keep in mind that if you have been scammed then it's already occurred (the Lessor now has your money and you are without valid accommodations).

This is why it is really important to open a dialogue directly with Wyndham to clearly establish that the reservation is in fact truly valid or you actually have been victimized (scammed).

Establish the facts and then you can take appropriate steps (such as making another reservation if you find you have been scammed).

Best of luck!

Violeta

Reaction score
I don't blame you for worrying about this but keep in mind that if you have been scammed then it's already occurred (the Lessor now has your money and you are without valid accommodations).

This is why it is really important to open a dialogue directly with Wyndham to clearly establish that the reservation is in fact truly valid or you actually have been victimized (scammed).

Establish the facts and then you can take appropriate steps (such as making another reservation if you find you have been scammed).

Best of luck!

Thank you for your input.
My red flags are that person claimed that he put my name on the emailed reservation. Which he fixed himself.
Wyndham said there is not my name on the reservation. It is his name.
Guess will have to wait and see and hope for the best.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
See if you can conference call with both the owner and wyndham.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The best rental practice is to get the reservation in your name and verify it BEFORE you make the final payment.

Crafty71

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smugglers Notch Resort (Wyndham); DVC Old Key West
Wyndham has not been 100% with e-mailing guest certificates (sometimes, they miss a few). But generally, they are pretty good...

You could ask the lessor for a screen shot from his "My Vacations" tab on myclubwyndham.com which would clearly show your name as a guest if he did indeed put the reservation in your name...

Cheers!

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I know there are many legitimate renters here who don't put the guest's email address in the guest field just because they want to know what their clients are being sent and when, as well as protect the guest's email from being spammed by Wyndham (or others Wyndham may sell their list to) later on - so that in itself is not a red flag. But if they have truly put the reservation in your name a screenshot as described above (with account information redacted as needed) or a three-way conference call is a reasonable ask and a problem if they're unwilling to provide it.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have rented 6 Wyndham reservations in the last 2 years, and from here on TUG and I have always gotten the e-mail from Wyndham confirming my upcoming reservation.

I agree that you need conversation of some variety. A screenshot of the reservation from the owner, or a 3-way call with Wyndham and the owner. Something for piece of mind.

Violeta

Reaction score
https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/thinking-of-renting-for-the-first-time.189411/
Same place im renting now.

Paul Symington
Utopia world vacations

I hope it will work out and he will do reservation in my name...
Because now it says guest of Utopia world llc. And has his name on it Paul Symington, not mine... he sent me all info from when he booked with confirmation# and points used etc...
But what will i do with it if he will not change name to mine
Will update later on how it will end...

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Honestly, the fact that they've been doing business under the same business name since at least 2013 and apparently using the proprietor's real name is a positive sign to me in this industry. If they were scamming people they'd no longer be operating under that name six years later.

Violeta

Reaction score
Honestly, the fact that they've been doing business under the same business name since at least 2013 and apparently using the proprietor's real name is a positive sign to me in this industry. If they were scamming people they'd no longer be operating under that name six years later.
Thank you.

Well, I had only the best experience with everybody renting for the last 11 years! I do book at least 3 -4 times a year. This is first time when I booked from him, but now he says that he put my name and nothing is on. Lets hope its a glitch or something. And my name will be on that guest list.

Will update once will find out more.

Violeta

Reaction score
Ok that will be a good lesson for me to do my homework before buying. I was worried.

But just now got confirmation from Wyndham that my name IS on as of now.

Thank you everybody for your help here!!!!

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know there are many legitimate renters here who don't put the guest's email address in the guest field just because they want to know what their clients are being sent and when, as well as protect the guest's email from being spammed by Wyndham (or others Wyndham may sell their list to) later on - so that in itself is not a red flag. But if they have truly put the reservation in your name a screenshot as described above (with account information redacted as needed) or a three-way conference call is a reasonable ask and a problem if they're unwilling to provide it.

My resort doesn’t ask for an email, address or phone #, only the guests name.

The name and confirmation # is all they need and it’s up to me as the person renting my unit to get that information to the renter once they pay in full. (I only use PayPal, so I don’t know their policies on rentals, but I do tell the renters that the sale is final and I recommend vacation insurance Incase something comes up, since I can’t be responsible for something out of my hands.)

I wasn’t aware of Wyndham’s policy of guest certificates for rentals. (I guess with a much bigger company with so many locations, they have to have some policy in place.)

I would ask the person to forward you a copy of the reservation with your name on it ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is Wyndham - the owner who rented to you might have hoped he could score a discount points reservation closer to check in, and simply didn't want to use up a guest certificate on the original reservation if that happened.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I have rented from an owner and I received confirmation via email as well as texts.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree wth donnavel. Owner was probably waiting to see about discounted points. Wyndham always email guest confirmation to whomever email the Wyndham owner puts in the email area of confirmation.
I have all confirmation sent to me so I can check everything out. I then forward on to guest.
For non-Wyndham owners information the Wyndham guests confirmation wants name,address,phone number,email of guest. The only information that appears on GC is the name.