• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham RCI Points Wanted

A.Win

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would like to make RCI reservations using Wyndham points. I need more points for the reservations that I wish to make. I prefer to buy at least 100,000 points but I am willing to purchase much more depending on the price.

I do have extra 2019 points I can use, but I think I can help someone else use expiring 2018 points. Secondly, I usually aim to get discounts and upgrades within Wyndham using my expensive 2019 VIP Platinum points.

I have purchased these points from another owner in the past and the process was free and easy for both sides. I bought them really really cheap. Have others done this and is there a market price for such transfers of points?

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham no longer allows transfer of points and so you cannot "buy" points from another member.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Wyndham no longer allows transfer of points and so you cannot "buy" points from another member.
This isn't a transfer from one wyndham account to another. It is wyndham points that have already been deposited into rci being transferred into another wyndham rci account. If they have stopped this it is very recent because there have been reports of this being done in the last few months. It is especially common when someone is selling/giving away their wyndham account but still has points that have already been deposited in RCI and rather have those points go poof they can be transferred to another wyndham rci account.

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Transfer of RCI points from Wyndham is new to me. How do you do it?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
not rci points, Wyndham points deposited into RCI transferred into another wyndham rci account. I think all you have to do is call rci and tell them you want to transfer the points and tell them the account number you want to transfer them to.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
ive done a transfer like this.. actually I didnt do anything and I dont know anything. it was the other guy that did all the work, As I recall it was done with a phone call, (a conference call, we were all on the line).

A.Win

TUG Member
Reaction score
All it took was a phone call from the other Wyndham owner to transfer his RCI points to my RCI account. It was quick, easy, and free. Thanks to those that responded to me. Despite the increasing RCI fees, you can still find some good deals out there. And transferring to RCI is certainly better than letting them expire unused.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Thanks for the question. I just learned something new :)

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anybody want to post on market price?

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba, Harborside Atlantis & Westin Lagunamar
Very interesting as I have found myself with MANY more points than I can use.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would think $5 is high because there are wyndham owners that have deposited 100's of thousands of points that will probably end up expiring. I don't think most owners know they can transfer. I am sure like RCI points that can transfer the official party line with RCI is you can't sell your deposited points but you can "gift" them as you see fit. Makes advertising to buy or sell a no no.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if you can still transfer RCI points from one member to another?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
No they stopped this several years ago.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did it 6 moths ago. Had a bunch of Wyndham/RCI points about to expire. Gave them to someone who could make use of them before expire date. Required a phone call to RCI.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Transferred Wyndham RCI points today from one Wyndham member to another Wyndham member.

Points in RCI are no longer points in Wyndham. You can't transfer Wyndham points from WITHIN Wyndham. You can transfer then once they are in RCI however.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm pretty sure no one in this thread was referring to this at all.
Yeah well Wyndham is in the title, people would assume you mean wyndham points. I did.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Yeah well Wyndham is in the title, people would assume you mean wyndham points. I did.

They were Wyndham points - Wyndham points in RCI. Just as the thread title implied ("Wyndham RCI points").

Richardsdeals

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had 124K Wyndham Points deposited to RCI that were going to expire within a few weeks and found someone interested in them. Just took a phone call to RCI.

henryr01

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there...I have 660k+ Wyndham points in RCI that I just extended. In case someone found something on RCI.