• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham proposal for Gold upgrade from Silver

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Hi Richelle,
Do the telesales work for Wyndham? We are gold with Wyndham and thinking about upgrade to platinum. We are going to Canterbury in few weeks to see our options. It would be nice to have more options. I’m looking to buy more points online with Ebay too.
Thank you

They do. The other difference is their calls are recorded and they are held to a different standard. Not to say they are all angels. They play the sales games, but less aggressive. You’re less likely to get an outright lie. It’s happened, but not often. Canterbury will try to sell you either their resort or CWA. Depends on what you currently own. If you own deeded, they may tell you to trade your fee in for their resort or CWA. If you own CWA, they will tell you CWA is junk and you need to go deeded. Unless you want to buy Canterbury points, avoid the resort sales staff. If you want CWA, telesales has you covered and they are more likely to hold your hand through the process.

With all that said, unless you want VIP, there is little reason to buy retail. You’re not gaining much for you $20,000. You can convert your retail points for Wyndham rewards, but only future years points. Not left over points. Using you points to get airlines tickets or cruises is a waster because the return is so little. If Club Pass is important because you will use it often, but a WorldMark resale contract. Or book Worldmark through RCI. Higher fee but $20,000 will pay a lot of RCI booking fees. So VIP is the only reason to buy retail. Points on eBay will do just fine and have for many people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I’ll give you the $89 fee since if I was using them as points, I would have to pay that. I don’t include the program fee because you pay the same program fee on all your points if you have over 259,000 points which VIPG does. 60 cents per 1,000. I always quote base rate. Most people here do as well. Bali Hai base rate is $3.66 per 1,000 without the program fee assuming UDI. The converted fixed weeks are higher. With the program fee, Bali hai UDI is still less then your PIC at $4.26 per 1,000 with program fee.

The $89 PIC fee for 254k winds up being $0.35/k, which gets you to $3.77/k, which isn't less than Canterbury or Bali Hai, though still quite respectable, particularly without needing to worry about exchange fees. I'm completely in agreement with you that you have a great set up with your ownership, I just think you got the math off. I recognize that mine are a bit higher than my Bali Hai points either with the program added to each of without it. Last I heard Canterbury was at $3.59/k, but I could be wrong.

auntiepen

Reaction score
They do. The other difference is their calls are recorded and they are held to a different standard. Not to say they are all angels. They play the sales games, but less aggressive. You’re less likely to get an outright lie. It’s happened, but not often. Canterbury will try to sell you either their resort or CWA. Depends on what you currently own. If you own deeded, they may tell you to trade your fee in for their resort or CWA. If you own CWA, they will tell you CWA is junk and you need to go deeded. Unless you want to buy Canterbury points, avoid the resort sales staff. If you want CWA, telesales has you covered and they are more likely to hold your hand through the process.

With all that said, unless you want VIP, there is little reason to buy retail. You’re not gaining much for you $20,000. You can convert your retail points for Wyndham rewards, but only future years points. Not left over points. Using you points to get airlines tickets or cruises is a waster because the return is so little. If Club Pass is important because you will use it often, but a WorldMark resale contract. Or book Worldmark through RCI. Higher fee but $20,000 will pay a lot of RCI booking fees. So VIP is the only reason to buy retail. Points on eBay will do just fine and have for many people.

Thank you your answer Richelle. Can you give me the telesales phone number please?

Jimag

TUG Member
Reaction score
That’s not an easy question to answer. We have no idea which resorts your PIC weeks will be at. Every resort has their own MF set by the resort. It could be anything. Before buying the week, you have to confirm with the seller what the maintenance fees are. There is a program fee you have to pay to Wyndham on the PIC points. For a three bedroom it’s $152.40 per year or $12.70 a month, PER pic week. That will be lumped in with your Wyndham maintenance fee payment.

If you buy 98,000 CWA points, you’ll be paying an additional $645.82 a year or $53.81 per month. That’s JUST on the CWA points. That does not include your current points or the maintenance fees on the PIC weeks.

So at minimum, between the CWA points and the program fees on the PIC (assuming 2 three-bedrooms), you’re looking at an additional $950.62 a year or $79.22 a month (rounded up to the nearest penny). Again, that does not include the MF for the pic weeks. There is also an $89 fee (per PIC week) to exchange your PIC for points. If you do not exchange for points, you do not pay the $89 fee, but it will still count towards VIP.

Am I correct in assuming that only Club Wyndham Access points are available through telesales?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Thank you your answer Richelle. Can you give me the telesales phone number please?

I have the name of a couple reps but not a general number. I can PM you one. I don’t like posting people’s work numbers publicly. Each office has an “alpha range” so if you do not fall within Orlando’s alpha range, she can point you to a rep who does.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Am I correct in assuming that only Club Wyndham Access points are available through telesales?

That’s what one rep told me. Another said they could request inventory for a resort, but it doesn’t always happen. I would imagine requests for resorts with limited inventory would get rejected. I am speculating on that though. Telesales would be able to tell you more.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have the name of a couple reps but not a general number. I can PM you one. I don’t like posting people’s work numbers publicly. Each office has an “alpha range” so if you do not fall within Orlando’s alpha range, she can point you to a rep who does.

Does Alpha range translate to Last Name begins with xx to xx?

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score

I think so. My last name starts with "P" and we were originally in Salt Lake City. But in the transfer to Orlando for a telesales purchase, Vegas stole us. We did finally end up in Orlando, though.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

Correct. They showed me their alpha range once and was weird. It was something like daaacxky to naakmtx.

Silverdollar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Richelle,
Do the telesales work for Wyndham? We are gold with Wyndham and thinking about upgrade to platinum. We are going to Canterbury in few weeks to see our options. It would be nice to have more options. I’m looking to buy more points online with Ebay too.
Thank you
If you are VIP Gold (with PICs) and want to upgrade to VIP Platinum, there is another option to consider. There are four Wyndham resorts that sell "piggyback" contracts (some refer to them as "foreclosures"). They are treated just like Wyn developer points and count toward VIP. Three years ago, I was at Ocean Ridge and made a 64k points developer purchase in order to obtain a "piggyback" contract of 413k pts for $40/1000 (with low MF), that allowed me to upgrade from VIPG (with PICs) to VIPP.

I was at Ocean Ridge again this May and learned this program was still available. They offered me a 250k pts "piggyback" for $50/1000, but they changed the program to require a developer purchase equal to the number points of the "piggyback". I respectfully declined. Then, they gave me a pen and asked me to write in the amount of developer points I was willing to purchase and they said they would pass it by corporate for approval. I wasn't in the market to purchase, so I declined to take it any further. With that said, it still may be possible to make a small developer purchase to obtain a "piggyback". It's definitely worth investigating.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
If i could sell my 402k for $20k I would be happy

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
If you are VIP Gold (with PICs) and want to upgrade to VIP Platinum, there is another option to consider. There are four Wyndham resorts that sell "piggyback" contracts (some refer to them as "foreclosures"). They are treated just like Wyn developer points and count toward VIP. Three years ago, I was at Ocean Ridge and made a 64k points developer purchase in order to obtain a "piggyback" contract of 413k pts for $40/1000 (with low MF), that allowed me to upgrade from VIPG (with PICs) to VIPP.

I was at Ocean Ridge again this May and learned this program was still available. They offered me a 250k pts "piggyback" for $50/1000, but they changed the program to require a developer purchase equal to the number points of the "piggyback". I respectfully declined. Then, they gave me a pen and asked me to write in the amount of developer points I was willing to purchase and they said they would pass it by corporate for approval. I wasn't in the market to purchase, so I declined to take it any further. With that said, it still may be possible to make a small developer purchase to obtain a "piggyback". It's definitely worth investigating.

Yep, I've been in contact with someone at Ocean Ridge and that's the rule now, the developer purchase must equal the piggyback contract. They do run "specials" where this isn't the case, and she did tell me to make any offer I wanted. So, I made an offer, to which her response was, I'm not even going to submit that offer because it won't even be entertained. Guess my offer wasn't rich enough for them. :)

auntiepen

Reaction score
When I’m my update next week at the Canterbury I’m going to ask about the piggyback question. I want to combine all my contracts into one so I won’t get confused. The sales rep in Oregon told me I can do it but I must buy something from them

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
When I’m my update next week at the Canterbury I’m going to ask about the piggyback question. I want to combine all my contracts into one so I won’t get confused. The sales rep in Oregon told me I can do it but I must buy something from them

I don't believe Canterbury is one of the few resorts that offers piggyback contracts, so they may not even know about the option.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't believe Canterbury is one of the few resorts that offers piggyback contracts, so they may not even know about the option.

And you don't trade anything in. You just buy, and buy again. The only reason I can see to trade in to buy more would be PR and I'm not a candidate.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

There are only four resorts that sell piggyback contracts:

Pagosa Springs (CO)
Fairfield Glade (TN)
Flagstaff (AZ)
Ocean Ridge (SC)

These contracts are tied to the state in which the resort resides only. For instance, Ocean Ridge only sells piggyback contracts for resorts located in South Carolina. You can only purchase piggyback contracts sourced from resorts located in those four states in other words.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score

Pagosa Springs (CO)
Fairfield Glade (TN)
Flagstaff (AZ)
Ocean Ridge (SC)

These contracts are tied to the state in which the resort resides only. For instance, Ocean Ridge only sells piggyback contracts for resorts located in South Carolina. You can only purchase piggyback contracts sourced from resorts located in those four states in other words.

The latest report I read was $113.50/k average between two deeds for 336,000 points. The average of the MF for the two deeds was $4.65/k. Has anyone seen anything better as of late?

auntiepen

Reaction score

Pagosa Springs (CO)
Fairfield Glade (TN)
Flagstaff (AZ)
Ocean Ridge (SC)

auntiepen

Reaction score
I’m at the Canterbury now. Yes no piggyback here. And she point out that if you buy resale it will not count toward VIP eligibility.