• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Privileges: new Wyndham VIP Levels starting late 2020 [Merged]

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I guess I will just sit with my VIPP and see what happens.

Me, too! We'll just have to deal with the name change from VIP Platinum to the unfortunate Privileges Titanium, if that's the way they go.

Last edited:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
So? If I am currently Gold and will be 'grandfathered' in to Platinum does that mean I will then get a 50% discount instead of 35% discount that I currently get as Gold or will the name just change like getting an honorary college degree?

AFAIK though the names may change, the discount points window benefits for the levels you are at today will not change:
  1. Emerald 300k-399k --> 15% (new level)
  2. Gold 400k-699k --> 25% (previously Silver)
  3. Platinum 700k-999k --> 35% (previously Gold)
  4. Diamond 1MM - 1.399mm --> 50% (previously Platinum)
  5. Titanium 1.4MM+ --> 60% (new level)
I suspect the naming of the levels may change, but the structure of going from three to five tiers seems to be where things are headed.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
This is the part that seems bananas to me. Why rename levels to previously existing names but change the points and benefits associated with those names? I know the theory is for intentional confusion, but I don't think Wyndham is ready for the level of customer service it would take to answer everyone's questions. When you have people who are grandfathered with original gold benefits but are now labeled platinum, it's going to take time just to establish the baseline of their account situation. I'd say, keep silver, gold, and platinum as they are at the core three levels, and add the new levels at the bottom and the top. (I vote for eliminating titanium, which while a great song, just doesn't sound like it fits with the other levels.) Or come up with 5 new names and retire the old ones. 5 gems would be nice and potentially colorful.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
This is the part that seems bananas to me. Why rename levels to previously existing names but change the points and benefits associated with those names? I know the theory is for intentional confusion, but I don't think Wyndham is ready for the level of customer service it would take to answer everyone's questions. When you have people who are grandfathered with original gold benefits but are now labeled platinum, it's going to take time just to establish the baseline of their account situation. I'd say, keep silver, gold, and platinum as they are at the core three levels, and add the new levels at the bottom and the top. (I vote for eliminating titanium, which while a great song, just doesn't sound like it fits with the other levels.) Or come up with 5 new names and retire the old ones. 5 gems would be nice and potentially colorful.

There is nothing indicating anything is being renamed per se. Look at the actual letter from earlier in the thread, note what it says at the bottom in large capital letters: IN DEVELOPMENT

The letter also does not provide a list of all five tiers, it simple provides some basic info on the two additional tiers. It is everyone else guessing that the three existing tiers will fit into the new model based largely upon third party information from attending sales updates and from their particular contacts at Wyndham, myself included. That same letter also says it will be late 2020 before Wyndham Privileges will launch, that's over a year away, and is subject to change. Don't get caught up on the names, because they are largely irrelevant IMHO. The overall point here is that the tiers will increase from three to five. Whether they use precious metals, gems, or a combination thereof, who knows. I'm more concerned with the actual changes to VIP benefits at each level - and particularly if any of the tiers result in either a net gain or net loss when compared to the current VIP tiers. According to the memo, the only message being communicated to the sales organization is to encourage owners that aren't quite VIP Silver today, to consider upgrading to VIP Silver after May 1, 2019, to preserve unlimited HK credits. I personally wouldn't do anything just yet, since this is all formative and still over a year out, but that's me. I'm VIPP through Sept 2020 and VIPG after that point in time, so I will wait on the sidelines and see what all develops. :)

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
There is nothing indicating anything is being renamed per se. Look at the actual letter from earlier in the thread, note what it says at the bottom in large capital letters: IN DEVELOPMENT

The letter also does not provide a list of all five tiers, it simple provides some basic info on the two additional tiers. It is everyone else guessing that the three existing tiers will fit into the new model based largely upon third party information from attending sales updates and from their particular contacts at Wyndham, myself included. That same letter also says it will be late 2020 before Wyndham Privileges will launch, that's over a year away, and is subject to change. Don't get caught up on the names, because they are largely irrelevant IMHO. The overall point here is that the tiers will increase from three to five. Whether they use precious metals, gems, or a combination thereof, who knows. I'm more concerned with the actual changes to VIP benefits at each level - and particularly if any of the tiers result in either a net gain or net loss when compared to the current VIP tiers. According to the memo, the only message being communicated to the sales organization is to encourage owners that aren't quite VIP Silver today, to consider upgrading to VIP Silver after May 1, 2019, to preserve unlimited HK credits. I personally wouldn't do anything just yet, since this is all formative and still over a year out, but that's me. I'm VIPP through Sept 2020 and VIPG after that point in time, so I will wait on the sidelines and see what all develops. :)

Same. I’m taking the wait and see approach at the moment. We won’t lose anything by waiting, other then the inflating the cost of points, to take advantage of the mad rush to go VIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I'm VIPP through Sept 2020 and VIPG after that point in time, so I will wait on the sidelines and see what all develops. :)

Actually I suspect you are exactly the segment they are targeting - those with temp VIP to a certain level.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
How can I become Titanium without buying developer points or spending a lot of money?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
How can I become Titanium without buying developer points or spending a lot of money?

Inherit an account with 1.4MM points from a family member....

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Don't get caught up on the names, because they are largely irrelevant IMHO.

But honestly, it’s all irrelevant to me because I’m not VIP and have no plans to become one. The (suggested? proposed? assumed?) naming convention just jumped out at me due to the unnecessary complexity, so hopefully you’re correct that it didn’t actually originate with Wyndham. I’ll be watching quietly from the sidelines from now on, don’t worry. ;)

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Actually I suspect you are exactly the segment they are targeting - those with temp VIP to a certain level.

Perhaps in a future iteration of the memo shared specific to this thread, but at present, the only specific recommendation shared in the memo is for those who are close to VIP silver to get over the hump prior to the program change to obtain unlimited HK credits. I’m already permanent VIPG, so the contents of the memo do not address my specific circumstance.

vv813

TUG Member
Reaction score
does anyone speculate anything about pres. reserve since that also has a 1 million beginning point-changes, challenges etc

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
I am thinking Kryptonite would be a good name for the top tier. :)

Bob

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is just for fun, but I wanted to look at the value of the new speculated tier names. All of these are prices per pound.

Titanium - $30
Diamond - $11,400,000 (for a pound of 1 carat diamonds, but value varies tremendously depending on quality)
Platinum - $12,709.44
Gold - $18,708.81
Emerald - $226,796 (for a pound of 1 carat emeralds, but value varies tremendously depending on quality)

It would make much more sense to name the lowest level Titanium and the two highest levels Emerald and Diamond, but that is why it probably won't happen that way.
Californium runs about $12,000,000,000 per pound -- and it has no practical value. If Wyndham goes with metals for the tiers, Californium would be a "hot" top tier choice.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
does anyone speculate anything about pres. reserve since that also has a 1 million beginning point-changes, challenges etc

The change is to the VIP program, at the moment. The only way it affects PR is the the benefits that come from being VIP Platinum. If they change the minimum level to be PR, that would be handled separately. PR is not a status like VIP. It’s an entirely different program from regular points, and had different set of rules. They get Platinum benefits because they have over one million points, not because they are PR.

bryjake

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access, Midtown 45
Yes this is all speculation
Some speculation I would like to happen is Club Pass Worldmark to be bumped from 9 months to 10 months and a more detailed listed of which Shell properties will be Club Pass and if any are Wyndham / Shell combo

What jumps out at me is the specific reminder "to obtain current VIP silver now to keep unlimited HK"
They might be adjusting unlimited HK cut off to the top 3 ranks leaving the bottom 2 ranks with "leaner" privileges

I am also curious that they do not mention any time-bound element to the discounts
It would be crazy if the discounts are flat across the board
*Fingers Crossed* they open the discount windows a bit

I will also confess I am jealous that Worldmark is building a resort in Moab, UT. I was hoping it was a Wyndham / Worldmark venture

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Some speculation I would like to happen is Club Pass Worldmark to be bumped from 9 months to 10 months and a more detailed listed of which Shell properties will be Club Pass and if any are Wyndham / Shell combo

What jumps out at me is the specific reminder "to obtain current VIP silver now to keep unlimited HK"
They might be adjusting unlimited HK cut off to the top 3 ranks leaving the bottom 2 ranks with "leaner" privileges

I am also curious that they do not mention any time-bound element to the discounts
It would be crazy if the discounts are flat across the board
*Fingers Crossed* they open the discount windows a bit

I will also confess I am jealous that Worldmark is building a resort in Moab, UT. I was hoping it was a Wyndham / Worldmark venture

If you review earlier posts in this thread, I do have confirmation this is under consideration. The discount windows are under evaluation to either be enhanced or eliminated altogether. There's also consideration for enhancing the upgrade windows.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Some speculation I would like to happen is Club Pass Worldmark to be bumped from 9 months to 10 months

I dont see this ever happening. The 10 month is a very specific booking gate for both Club Wyndham and Worldmark and opening Club Pass availability at the same time diminishes the ability of WM members to make less than 7 day red season reservations inside 10 months.

Nor do I think it would yield the benefits you might imagine. Due to all the cash booking options available to WM owners, WM reservations tend to be far more competitive than anything I see on the Club Wyndham side.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Platinum is a more expense metal than Titanium per ounce, so why is Titanium at a higher level?

Inkjet printer ink is the most expensive liquid. Wyndham already have metals covered and going to gems as a level. Might they consider printer ink as a level? It's the most expensive liquid after all.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I kinda think Presidential Reserve is indeed status & Presidential Reserve is higher status than any VIP level

That’s how the sales people like to tout it, but in actually, it’s just the points are deeded to PR units. Points that have higher maintenance fees too. No where in the directory does it say that Presidential reserve is a status. In the directory it states that PR members automatically get Platinum VIP status.

“As a Presidential Reserve Member who purchased through Wyndham Vacation Resorts, you automatically achieve the privilege of Platinum VIP status in CLUB WYNDHAM Plus, the elite level reserved for those Members who have 1,000,000 points or more. Please refer to the VIP section on pages 240- 245 for a complete listing of your Platinum VIP benefits and eligibility requirements.l

Not “PR” Platinum. Just Platinum. There is this as well:

“As a Presidential Reserve Member, you have access to an enticing array of special services, exclusive access to luxurious Presidential Reserve Suites and additional vacation options that put the world at your fingertips — as well as the honor of Platinum VIP status.”

The “honor” of Platinum status. If PR were higher then Platinum, why would it be an “honor” to be Platinum. It would be like telling a Platinum member, they have the honor of having Gold benefits.

PR members get special perks at PR resorts, but that’s the extent of their special treatment. Sales touts it as a status, because people doesn’t understand the other stuff. People who like the presidential rooms can see a benefit of having better access to presidential suites then your average Joe. If I were retired and could afford it, I might consider going PR because we could get the nicer rooms and book them 50% off more easily then your average owner. There is value in PR for the right people, but the sales monkeys go straight for people’s vanity and tout it as a status, because it’s easier to sell that way.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
That’s how the sales people like to tout it, but in actually, it’s just the points are deeded to PR units. Points that have higher maintenance fees too.

automatically achieve the privilege of Platinum VIP

Not “PR” Platinum. Just Platinum. There is this as well:

PR members get special perks at PR resorts, but that’s the extent of their special treatment. Sales touts it as a status, because people doesn’t understand the other stuff.
You & the ones that liked your post are too funny!! PR is just a sales ploy!!

But PR owners received the first PRIVILEGE as it’s supposed to be a big deal next year, has more benefits than VIP Platinum & has it’s own directory. But no status there!! LOL

I guess I don’t understand the definition of “Status”

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

But PR owners received the first PRIVILEGE as it’s supposed to be a big deal next year, has more benefits than VIP Platinum & has it’s own directory. But no status there!! LOL

I guess I don’t understand the definition of “Status”

Or maybe we have a different definition of “status”. By their own directory, are you referring to that leather bound one that they pay $300 for? I have one of those. It’s nice, but not worth $300 in my opinion. Considering how much they spent on those points, I’m not sure why they would charge them so much for the directory. If it’s status to pay for something, that the underlines get for free, then yeah, I guess they do have status. However, Wyndham doesn’t call it a status. You know what we say about what’s in writing versus what comes out of a sales skeeze’s mouth. Anyway, I don’t think people care to watch us banter about what is or is not “status”. Or whether there is perceived value in PR or not. That conversation could go on for DAYS!

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Although it’s used as a sales ploy, it’s not just a sales ploy and has very particular benefits that some people choose very specifically (@wjappraise comes to mind). Right now, I think salespeople use PR as a selling tactic for people who are already platinum and many see it as a status and underutilize the benefits - but there are also owners who appreciate the deeded benefits of PR which are completely unrelated to VIP status.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are VIP Platinum. When we attend a briefing they try to sell us Presidential Reserve. We don't want or need the extra perks. But the catch is, for us to become Presidential Reserve we would have to sell our deeds back to Wyndham and be deeded in Presidential Reserve. Our ownership dates back to the early '90s when it was Fairfield and the point system was new and points were cheap. Our ownership cost around $30K, so Wyndham will only give us what we paid for what they are now selling for up to $200K. The math doesn't workout for us, but once again we don't want or need the perks.