• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Privileges: new Wyndham VIP Levels starting late 2020 [Merged]

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Interesting in that one pager the unlimited housekeeping is still mentioned....

Also of note is the all inclusive experiences and Club Pass discounts for the Founders level. I don’t recall the Club Pass discounts being listed previously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Also of note is the all inclusive experiences and Club Pass discounts for the Founders level. I don’t recall the Club Pass discounts being listed previously.

The whole mess is being so mangled it was easy to miss - but it was in the Titanium level in the previous slide.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
The whole mess is being so mangled it was easy to miss - but it was in the Titanium level in the previous slide.
And, it still says Titanium on MyClubWyndham News. Are they just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks? Or, are they using all this confusion to get existing VIP's to add 100K points? This is crazy!!!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
And, it still says Titanium on MyClubWyndham News. Are they just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks? Or, are they using all this confusion to get existing VIP's to add 100K points? This is crazy!!!

Yes?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

Supposedly Wyndham got a lot of feedback about the new names, so they decided to go a different route. The different route is even more confusing in my opinion. Legend, Ambassador? Founder? I’d like to know their thinking behind this. Why do they think this is better? Stick with metals. That’s what people understand. Emerald/advantage could be bronze. Everyone would expect that to fall bronze to fall under silver. Why titanium would go above platinum is beyond me, but I wouldn’t care about that so much. It’s a less confusing system then what they have been giving us.

Legends and champions go along with games or sports. They fit together. Advantage doesn’t seem to fit anywhere. Founders and Ambassadors could fit together, but it’s a huge stretch. Founders of the country and ambassadors of a country. There is no overall theme here. Themes are easier for people to understand, follow, and remember.

Where is the number for their PR and Marketing department? I have some feedback I’d like to share.

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
How many TUGGERs who are currently Platinum with 1M points or just over would be tempted to increase their developer points by 400,000 to get a last minute discount of 65% as opposed to the current 50%? I'm just curious.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Supposedly Wyndham got a lot of feedback about the new names, so they decided to go a different route. The different route is even more confusing in my opinion. Legend, Ambassador? Founder? I’d like to know their thinking behind this. Why do they think this is better? Stick with metals. That’s what people understand. Emerald/advantage could be bronze. Everyone would expect that to fall bronze to fall under silver. Why titanium would go above platinum is beyond me, but I wouldn’t care about that so much. It’s a less confusing system then what they have been giving us.

Legends and champions go along with games or sports. They fit together. Advantage doesn’t seem to fit anywhere. Founders and Ambassadors could fit together, but it’s a huge stretch. Founders of the country and ambassadors of a country. There is no overall theme here. Themes are easier for people to understand, follow, and remember.

Where is the number for their PR and Marketing department? I have some feedback I’d like to share.

They never cease to amaze me.

My biggest gripe was changing silver to gold.

But what a way to launch a program. Meanwhile, I suppose IT already working on the code.

upload_2019-7-1_3-27-4.png

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
They never cease to amaze me.

My biggest gripe was changing silver to gold.

But what a way to launch a program. Meanwhile, I suppose IT already working on the code.

View attachment 12672

As long as there are five tiers, the naming from an IT coding standpoint is largely irrelevant as it is just a label that can easily be changed. The actual benefits changing would seem to be more of a coding challenge for sure. Either way, I get your point and the graphic is funny!

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I'm all for checking my privilege as often as I can out in the world, but owning a timeshare is a privileged person's endeavor and the (formerly) VIPs are the ones who've spent the most money for the most privileges, so I see it as actually fairly accurate as a description.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Are they just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks?

Yes they are. Or to take it a step further, of course they are. Wyndham made it quite clear that Privileges is a work in progress and nothing will be decided upon for sure until it is closer to the roll out date. Until they make the final official announcement of what the levels and benefits will be everything is subject to change. Since the new program date is set for late 2020 they have plenty of time to come up with ideas, "see what sticks", before they decide what the final product will be. They are absolutely looking for owners feedback to find what is most important and appealing to us. What will entice us to buy or give us a reason to keep buying more.

So what was it that convinced you to buy enough points to be VIP or to buy more to get to a higher VIP level? Here is my list in order of importance.

1. The discount
2. The upgrades
3. Free reservation transactions
4. Unlimited housekeeping credits
5. Ability to request specific units (To make this a real benefit the layouts with the unit numbers should be available for all the resorts when you bring up the information on each resort.)
6. Points Deposit
7. Guest Confirmations
8. RARP and APR
9. Early check-in
10. RCI instant search and book.
11. Worldwide external exchange deposit unit size upgrade
12. Exclusive VIP check-in area
13. Midweek clean and tidy

I've never used these two so didn't know what order of priority they should get.
14. Access to Margaritaville inventory
15. Extended Plus Partners travel booking window

16. Daily newspaper. With the news sites on the internet and everything going digital this isn't as big a deal as it used to be. However I really like getting the local paper to find out what's going on in the area and see the local restaurant ads.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
I've never used these two so didn't know what order of priority they should get.
14. Access to Margaritaville inventory

I pretty much agree with your ranking except after a recent trip to Margaritaville in Puerto Rico we would move this way up to #6 or #7. It was a lovely experience.

Bob

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
I notice that the one-pager that Outskiing posted yesterday
has replaced the previous contents of the "sales hub" URL
that Richelle posted about on May 16:

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...g-late-2020-merged.289659/page-6#post-2283847

So at least we can see it in all its PDF glory:

https://www.wyndhaminteractivesaleshub.com/club-wyndham/CW_Privileges.pdf

Also of note (for future revisions!) the lower right corner says
"0674-2019 6/19".
Much better resolution.

My shot was accross the counter at the parking pass desk. Even the sales area did not have a copy yet.

Bob

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did anyone notice that it is the exact same date as the plan that they do have on their website? It seems as though they had two ideas and went with the other one (which really is a much better plan.)

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I notice that the one-pager that Outskiing posted yesterday
has replaced the previous contents of the "sales hub" URL
that Richelle posted about on May 16:

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...g-late-2020-merged.289659/page-6#post-2283847

So at least we can see it in all its PDF glory:

https://www.wyndhaminteractivesaleshub.com/club-wyndham/CW_Privileges.pdf

Also of note (for future revisions!) the lower right corner says
"0674-2019 6/19".

Note the points level increased on the existing levels.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Note the points level increased on the existing levels.

Yes, interestingly enough they only increased the points levels for the three existing VIP tiers by 100k each and left the two new tiers alone.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Late 2020 gives us a lot of time to wait before the fat lady sings and it ain't over until the fat lady sings. Right now she isn't even doing her warm up vocal excercises yet, they're still just trying to find a costume to fit her. Lol.

Okay; so who was the fat lady? If we knew that, the origin of this phrase would be easy to determine. Unfortunately, we don't, so a little more effort is going to be required. The two areas of endeavour that this expression is most often associated with are the unusual bedfellows, German opera and American sport. In billiards the actual phrase is "it ain't over until the fat lady sinks.

fat-lady-sings.jpg

The musical connection is with the familiar operatic role of Brunnhilde in Richard Wagner's Götterdämmerung, the last of the immensely long, four-opera Ring Cycle. Brunnhilde is usually depicted as a well-upholstered lady who appears for a ten minute solo to conclude proceedings. 'When the fat lady sings' is a reasonable answer to the question 'when will it be over?', which must have been asked many times during Ring Cycle performances, lasting as they do upwards of 14 hours.

Last edited:

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
"The Champion, Ambassador, and Legend tiers will have new points values after Privileges launches. Current VIP owners will retain their VIP status in the equivalent tier in Privileges . As an example, if you are Silver today you’ll be Champion in the new program."

I find these words interesting. No need to jump on up to current day platinum from gold, I guess. Since they say it applies to where you are 'today' versus where you are at the time of implementation. Wonder how they will sell/spin that statement.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
To use Cyrus24's phrase I hope these names are something being thrown against the wall that doesn't stick. If you are talking to someone who says they are any of these new names do you just nod and pretend you know which level that is or come right out and ask? I foresee a lot of years of people needing to explain or ask if those proposed names were the old silver, gold or platinum. The metal levels explain themselves; these names do not. The point requirements can change but regardless of age everyone gets: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Titanium.

Last edited:

Baby Jane

Reaction score
To use Cyrus24's phrase I hope these names are something being thrown against the wall that doesn't stick. If you are talking to someone who says they are any of these new names do you just nod and pretend you know which level that is or come right out and ask? I foresee a lot of years of people needing to explain or ask if those proposed names were the old silver, gold or platinum. The metal levels explain themselves; these names do not. The point requirements can change but regardless of age everyone gets: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Titanium.
Really not happy about the points change. How can they say your level won’t change when we are platinum now but in the new system Champion is silver according to web which would put ambassador into what is now gold according to points levels but platinum is in ambassador. I know it’s just 100000 difference to get to legend but we decided the last time we bought that no matter what that’s all we were spending. Last time they changed points levels they grandfathered people in but by changing names along with it it’s muddying the waters.

Last edited:

davejulien

Reaction score
Really not happy about the points change. How can they say your level won’t change when we are platinum now but in the new system Champion is silver according to web which would put ambassador into what is now gold according to points levels but platinum is in ambassador. I know it’s just 100000 difference to get to legend but we decided the last time we bought that no matter what that’s all we were spending. Last time they changed points levels they grandfathered people in but by changing names along with it it’s muddying the waters.

Assuming Legend has a 50% discount they would have to put you into that level so you would retain your benefits. What I’m curious about is I have 1,001,000 points. That extra 1k points gets me 15 more guest certificates (30 total). I’m assuming I’d also get to keep the extra 15 because that’s what I have today.

They will always be tweaking/increasing points in the future. They will have to retain benefits for those of us who bought when the point tier values were lower. In some time who knows they may increase yet again.

Regardless be prepared for sales to tell you that you have to buy another 100k points to keep your benefits. It will be another opportunity for them to lie and for you to prove them wrong during a high pressure “update”. I have no doubt they will tell me something is wrong with me not having that extra 100k. Like maybe I’m not seeing all the inventory like a 100% Legend owner would. I’m already negative and it’s not kicked in yet. Lol

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Look on the bright side..... one day you might be able to say "I Am Legend".... which sounds so much more impressive than "I am Platinum". :D

It even sounds better than "I Am Founder".

Baby Jane

Reaction score
Assuming Legend has a 50% discount they would have to put you into that level so you would retain your benefits. What I’m curious about is I have 1,001,000 points. That extra 1k points gets me 15 more guest certificates (30 total). I’m assuming I’d also get to keep the extra 15 because that’s what I have today.

They will always be tweaking/increasing points in the future. They will have to retain benefits for those of us who bought when the point tier values were lower. In some time who knows they may increase yet again.

Regardless be prepared for sales to tell you that you have to buy another 100k points to keep your benefits. It will be another opportunity for them to lie and for you to prove them wrong during a high pressure “update”. I have no doubt they will tell me something is wrong with me not having that extra 100k. Like maybe I’m not seeing all the inventory like a 100% Legend owner would. I’m already negative and it’s not kicked in yet. Lol
We don’t attend sales meetings. I have been tempted since they announced the changes coming but don’t go because like you I agree they will lie and say you have to buy more to retain current levels. They always had us sign we were rejecting stuff like PR so wouldn’t want to risk them saying we signed away rights lol