• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Privileges: new Wyndham VIP Levels starting late 2020 [Merged]

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
Aren't we forgetting something in this discussion? I was not a member when the Credit Pool system was in effect but I was an avid reader of this forum. Didn't the credit pool system allow you to pool 2 future years so that you could use three years of points in the current year? And isn't that really what triggered the audits and the subsequent changes to the Wyndham system in 2017? Namely the fact that Wyndham essentially lost track of the tens (or hundreds) of millions of points that were pooled and how and when they were used.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Sure, but there’s no reason that a modified reinstated credit pool couldn’t be limited to the current use year’s points only. As well as starting and ending on the dates of the use year (because I completely understand Wyndham’s desire to standardize those dates to the use year and not have 365 possible start and end dates).

I don’t expect them to do it, but they could do it within newer, slightly more restrictive parameters if they wanted to.

davejulien

Reaction score
My biggest issues with the credit pool is you had to go through your RUY points before you could get to the credit pool. Then you could only put them in the credit pool once. So if you are like me and bought a close number of points you would use every year you find yourself stuck with points that are difficult to get to. So now you have to do fake bookings just to get to the pool. Don’t get to the pool and you lose them. Money down the drain.

Perhaps it caters more to those with lower points who every few years want to take a larger vacation. For this I see it working well. Those of us that are VIP and get several discounts just end up with more points to pool having to work to get at them. With the staggering dates it’s just too complex.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aren't we forgetting something in this discussion? I was not a member when the Credit Pool system was in effect but I was an avid reader of this forum. Didn't the credit pool system allow you to pool 2 future years so that you could use three years of points in the current year? And isn't that really what triggered the audits and the subsequent changes to the Wyndham system in 2017? Namely the fact that Wyndham essentially lost track of the tens (or hundreds) of millions of points that were pooled and how and when they were used.

Maybe most people think that but no. Part of the problem yes.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
My biggest issues with the credit pool is you had to go through your RUY points before you could get to the credit pool. Then you could only put them in the credit pool once. So if you are like me and bought a close number of points you would use every year you find yourself stuck with points that are difficult to get to. So now you have to do fake bookings just to get to the pool. Don’t get to the pool and you lose them. Money down the drain.
I'm sorry to disagree, but, this is more of a problem with the deposit 'feature' as the deposit feature uses the same last day of the selected 'deposit to' year. With the Credit pool, the date was 3 years from the date of the pooling. Unless you pooled your points on the very last day of a use year period, pooled points would be used before RUY points. Also, you referenced that the issue you had was with ALL the UY periods in your account. Most owners have 1, maybe 2 UY's during a calendar year. If Wyndham could ever get everyone aligned on 1 UY, the problem of ALL the different UY buckets would go away. I'm VIPG and had no trouble using the credit pool, none at all. But, I only have 1 UY, thankfully.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I used to pool credits always. I thought it was very generous of Wyndham to give us 3 years to use the points with NO real restriction on using them during Standard Reservation Season. So no ARP but it has been a few years since I even used a RARP let along an ARP. Not in my standard usage of points wheelhouse of options.

I am nearly finished using up the last 325K that was in the pool. I am having to play with Temporary reservation in order to tie up my regular 2019 UY points so that I use up my May 2020 expiring Previously Pooled points stash.

So I have not yet used this new deposit feature. Once deposited, I assume it no longer has 2 buckets of points categories. It just has a total number of points used, where one is the deposited total and one is the RUY total. As long as I use up the total amount of points that I deposited in any combination of reservations it will basically work itself out. I should NO LONGER be worried that I am using the "right" points.

I recently had to shuffle HGVC reservations for this very reason. It assigns points to a reservation. I wanted to shuffle those points around and use Saved (our version of deposited) points on a confirmed reservation and use RUY on a reservation I was not 100% sure I would use. I ended up having to cancel both reservations. Rebook the confirmed reservation first to use up the saved points then rebook the remaining reservation that I was not yet 100% confirmed. PITA to do this, and all the while worried I would lose out on a reservation. It did work out, but I would be happy if Wyndham has eliminated all of the using the "right" points issues.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I should NO LONGER be worried that I am using the "right" points.
I would still be worried. If you use all (or most of) your 2020 points for ARP reservations (or other items that can only be done with RUY points) and had deposited points in your 2020 bucket, you'll potentially be sitting with points at the end of 2020 that can't be rolled forward.

Example. Let's assume you start 2020 with 1.5MM points, 1MM as RUY points and .5MM as deposited points. Then you book .7MM points during ARP periods and deposit .3MM points to RCI. You've now used up 1MM points that could only be used from the RUY points. If you try to deposit the .5MM points still in the UY, I'm guessing that you will be denied. Logic, the benefits for the RUY 1MM points were are all used up, you have no points available with RUY benefits available to deposited. You can't deposit points (the .5MM) that have been previously deposited.

Example 2. Same assumptions, 1.5MM points. You use .5MM for ARP reservations and use .5MM for Standard/Express reservations, you still have .5MM points with full RUY benefits. You could deposit those to 2021 or 2022.

I'd worry about points deposited from prior years if I did mostly ARP reservations. And until it actually happens to someone that actively follows TUG, we're not going to know about it.

davejulien

Reaction score
I'm sorry to disagree, but, this is more of a problem with the deposit 'feature' as the deposit feature uses the same last day of the selected 'deposit to' year.

You disagree but there is no problem with the deposit feature. You do know you can deposit forward the number of points you own each year right? I have 1m points. If I don’t use any points one year I can easily move them to the next year or even do 2 deposits. 500k for next year and 500k for the year after. For those next 2 years even if I use only 500k points I can move the remaining 1m points forward yet again. Just not much to think about. No buckets and no funny temporary bookings to get at the points. Nothing. Just use them. Easy.

Sounds like you think you can’t roll over your deposited points to the next year like the credit pool. That is not the case and is a common misconception. The rule is each year you can move as many points as you own. They refer to this as your “benefit”. They didn’t explain this well and I didn’t understand totally until I spoke with someone in Owner Services one day.

With the Credit pool, the date was 3 years from the date of the pooling. Unless you pooled your points on the very last day of a use year period, pooled points would be used before RUY points. Also, you referenced that the issue you had was with ALL the UY periods in your account. Most owners have 1, maybe 2 UY's during a calendar year. If Wyndham could ever get everyone aligned on 1 UY, the problem of ALL the different UY buckets would go away. I'm VIPG and had no trouble using the credit pool, none at all. But, I only have 1 UY, thankfully.

I’ll just say that when the new system started I had at least 8 buckets with points in them. It took several months of booking my RUY points, booking my credit pool points, and then cancelling. It was a major PITA. In fact when I called and spoke with Owner Services about some other subject the lady made comment that I did a very good “clean up job” on these buckets. Her comment pretty indicated to me that many people were having problems doing cleanup. If you are not VIPG or higher then temporary bookings will cost you to straighten this mess out. If you are VIPG or higher then at least you stand a chance at getting back on course without breaking the bank.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would still be worried. If you use all (or most of) your 2020 points for ARP reservations (or other items that can only be done with RUY points) and had deposited points in your 2020 bucket, you'll potentially be sitting with points at the end of 2020 that can't be rolled forward.

Since I have not done an ARP reservation in over 5 years I am sure I am just fine.

davejulien

Reaction score

What you are describing is a common misconception coming from the old credit pool. The rule is you can deposit as many points as you own into the next year or 2 years forward. This is considered your “benefit”. Even if you used all your points with ARP you can move any remaining points up to the number of points you own forward. Easy.

davejulien

Reaction score
Since I have not done an ARP reservation in over 5 years I am sure I am just fine. If you ARP and Saved and booked nothing else, then of course you will have an issue.

ARP has nothing to do with the new deposit feature. Each year you can move as many points forward as you own.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ARP has nothing to do with the new deposit feature. Each year you can move as many points forward as you own.

I corrected my post, likely as you were typing this one.

davejulien

Reaction score
I corrected my post, likely as you were typing this one.

I just wish Wyndham did a better job of explaining the deposit feature. So many people are confused. I was one of them for at least 6 months into the new system. This new way is so much better. The people wanting the credit pool back I think just don’t understand what was changed and why it simplifies and works better.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just wish Wyndham did a better job of explaining the deposit feature. So many people are confused. I was one of them for at least 6 months into the new system. This new way is so much better. The people wanting the credit pool back I think just don’t understand what was changed and why it simplifies and works better.

Like I said in the first place, I am happy not to have to use the "right" points.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What you are describing is a common misconception coming from the old credit pool. The rule is you can deposit as many points as you own into the next year or 2 years forward. This is considered your “benefit”. Even if you used all your points with ARP you can move any remaining points up to the number of points you own forward. Easy.
How do you know that to be true? Did you test it? Just asking. The system knows how you use your points for a given UY, and points in your buckets have benefits. You can't use deposited points for ARP, only UY points. If you use all your UY points for ARP, you will have deposited points still sitting there and, if not used, can't be redeposited. I rarely book using ARP, so I will have no issues. On 9/30, if I have points, they will have full benefits.

It's probably time for a moderator to open up a new thread for the pros/cons of the deposit 'feature'. At some point, there will either be an issue with a redeposit or a test to prove one of the many opinions.

davejulien

Reaction score
How do you know that to be true? Did you test it?

It's true. I've done it for the past 2 years.

If you use all your UY points for ARP, you will have deposited points still sitting there and, if not used, can't be redeposited.

Again, you are stuck in old credit pool mentality. It's hard to break it! Took me a while. There is no distinction between deposited points and RUY points from a depositing perspective. You can deposit forward the number of points you own each year. This is considered your "benefit". Call Owner Services and they will explain it to you.

It's probably time for a moderator to open up a new thread for the pros/cons of the deposit 'feature'.

This whole thread has been hijacked.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Go to First Unread
It's true. I've done it for the past 2 years.
So, you are saying you used the deposit 'feature' to move points from 2017/2018 into 2018/2019. And, then you are telling us that you used 100% of your RUY points during 2018/2019 for ARP/RARP reservations? ALL OF THEM. And then were still able to deposit points left over from deposits you made in 2017 or 2018 points into future years 2019 or 2020. All this while you were having to create fake reservations to use up credit pool points (your words). I find that scenario very hard to believe. Especially the 100% ARP reservations part, people with Platinum accounts the size of yours don't do 100% ARP reservations. Too many options for rebooking at discounts to do something like that.

RUY points have benefits; ARP, deposit, RCI, RARP, etc. You can't use RUY points for ARP and then expect to use previously deposited points for something outside what they are allowed to be used for. They system knows how you are using your points, it's not going to let you redeposit previously deposited points. And, THIS is what owner care told me.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
You can't use deposited points for ARP, only UY points.

I’m fairly certain this is incorrect because although I didn’t have deposited points yet, once the new system was in place I was able to use legacy credit pooled points for ARP (which as we all know was impossible under the old system). My sense is that for purposes of ARP, the current system doesn’t make any distinction at all regarding the origin of the points.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’m fairly certain this is incorrect because although I didn’t have deposited points yet, once the new system was in place I was able to use legacy credit pooled points for ARP (which as we all know was impossible under the old system). My sense is that for purposes of ARP, the current system doesn’t make any distinction at all regarding the origin of the points.
I'm just saying that I was told that the system does make the distinction. In the background, it knows. My point is that everyone needs to BE CAREFUL, the deposit 'feature' is still an unknown.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Told by whom?

Plenty of people have confirmed that the notion of "kinds" of points no longer exists. It's been around long enough that people have tested it. The updated program documents, as I read them, suggest this as well. I'm sure there are still plenty of Wyndham employees that don't fully understand how the "new" system works--and it's really not all that new anymore.

davejulien

Reaction score
So, you are saying you used the deposit 'feature' to move points from 2017/2018 into 2018/2019. And, then you are telling us that you used 100% of your RUY points during 2018/2019 for ARP/RARP reservations? ALL OF THEM. And then were still able to deposit points left over from deposits you made in 2017 or 2018 points into future years 2019 or 2020. All this while you were having to create fake reservations to use up credit pool points (your words). I find that scenario very hard to believe. Especially the 100% ARP reservations part, people with Platinum accounts the size of yours don't do 100% ARP reservations. Too many options for rebooking at discounts to do something like that.

You can believe what you want. If you don't believe me call and talk to Owner Services. You call the reservation line and say "may I please speak with someone in Owner Services". You will then be transferred.

After you talk to them then let's continue this discussion. Right now I'm not going to continue repeating myself. What I say is absolutely true and factual information.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Told by whom?

Plenty of people have confirmed that the notion of "kinds" of points no longer exists. It's been around long enough that people have tested it. The updated program documents, as I read them, suggest this as well. I'm sure there are still plenty of Wyndham employees that don't fully understand how the "new" system works--and it's really not all that new anymore.
Owner Care. And, yes, there is plenty of ignorance out there with Owner Care Reps. I don't think that anyone has definitively confirmed that 'kinds' of point no longer exist. I read a lot of noise, but, I've seen no actual facts from testing.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You can believe what you want. If you don't believe me call and talk to Owner Services. You call the reservation line and say "may I please speak with someone in Owner Services". You will then be transferred.

After you talk to them then let's continue this discussion. Right now I'm not going to continue repeating myself. What I say is absolutely true and factual information.
Don't talk down to me, I'm entitled to an opinion. If you have FACTS, lay them out.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Points Deposit Feature
The Points Deposit Feature allows you to deposit all, or a portion, of your current Use Year’s Points into a future Use Year. You may deposit your points into your next Use Year or two Use Years from the deposit date. Once deposited these points may only be used to book Standard and Express reservations at eligible CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus locations.

Eligible deposit windows:

• Non-VIP Owner: Points may be deposited within the first three months of your current Use Year.
  • Silver VIP Owner: Points may be deposited within the first six months of your current Use Year.
  • Gold VIP Owner: Points may be deposited within the first nine months of your current Use Year.
  • Platinum VIP Owner: Points may be deposited anytime during your current Use Year.
Place your points into a future Use Year online or by calling the Vacation Planning Center at 800-251-8736 .
Important Information
  • You may deposit up to the amount of points owned into a future use year excluding points associated with Bonus and PIC contracts.
  • There is a $39 nonrefundable fee to use this feature online or a $49 nonrefundable fee when calling the Vacation Planning Center.
  • Once points have been deposited, they will expire at the end of the Use Year selected and are not eligible to be deposited again.
  • Once points are deposited into your Use Year of choice, the number of points you have available for CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Standard and Express Reservations will be increased by the amount of points deposited into that Use year.
  • Deposited points may only be used to confirm Standard and Express reservations at eligible CLUB WYNDHAM Plus resort locations.
  • One (1) Housekeeping Credit is required for every 1,000 points deposited.
  • Additional Housekeeping Credits may be purchased as needed to complete the deposit.
  • Deposits are a final transaction.
THEY KNOW HOW YOU USE YOUR POINTS. Behind the scenes they know the 'kinds' of points being used.