• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Privileges: new Wyndham VIP Levels starting late 2020 [Merged]

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
So, have we learned anything new about Privileges and/or grandfathered VIP benefits? It’s been kind of quiet on that front. :)

I haven't seen anything net new over the past week that is worth mentioning.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndhams adversary is the amount of cheap rentals available not renting at higher cost of MFs without discounts & upgrades.
Can we all agree that sales is the number one objective for Wyndham?
Cheap rentals hurt sales not just EH.
Some think cheap rentals get potential buyers in the door.
I think cheap rentals probably hurt sales more than it helps.
If renters have found a cheap rental there’s no incentive to buy.
They’ve already found a source for a stay for well under full MFs & will go back to that source.

If Wyndham thinks cheap rentals are hurting EH & especially sales that will be targeted in Privileges no matter what anyone says here.
Top 3 places I see Wyndham targeting are:
1. Increase sales potential would also help keep VIPs as happy owners
2. Further curtail renting.
3. Auto upgrades. Has to be fixed or upgrades will have more restrictive paths or completely done away with.

More restrictive paths on upgrades so it’s “simplified”:
PR to bigger PR
Presidential to bigger Presidential
1bd deluxe to bigger deluxe
1 bd deluxe lower level to bigger deluxe lower level
1bd deluxe ocean view to to bigger deluxe ocean view
Upgrades are a straight path up as it might be the only way they can get the programming to work

Last edited:

cschenk7

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
He said it was Presidential Reserve, where points aren’t points until inside 30 days.
New question based on "a point is a point". I am a Wyndham CWA owner (new Discussion board member) and have been struggling with buying more points in a UDI contract because I have been told I am not seeing all the inventory at every resort because I can only see CWA Inventory. How can I validate this? I have been through the CWA books about how many units are "access inventory" units, but that doesn't explain if I truly can never see "Select or Fixed Week" inventory even at 10 months and closer at non-Access resorts (because again, told that all resorts have some access inventory if if they are not access resorts). Does this make any sense? Are my CWA only points not allowing me to book units identified as UDI inventory? Also, would owning even a small amount of points in a UDI contract (developer or resale) open more inventory up to me with my full point power of my membership including CWA points? There is no way to validate this that I can find on the website so I don't know if something behind the scenes actually differentiates the type of inventory and what I can or cannot see as a CWA only owner. Thank you for any help of clarity.

davejulien

Reaction score
New question based on "a point is a point". I am a Wyndham CWA owner (new Discussion board member) and have been struggling with buying more points in a UDI contract because I have been told I am not seeing all the inventory at every resort because I can only see CWA Inventory. How can I validate this? I have been through the CWA books about how many units are "access inventory" units, but that doesn't explain if I truly can never see "Select or Fixed Week" inventory even at 10 months and closer at non-Access resorts (because again, told that all resorts have some access inventory if if they are not access resorts). Does this make any sense? Are my CWA only points not allowing me to book units identified as UDI inventory? Also, would owning even a small amount of points in a UDI contract (developer or resale) open more inventory up to me with my full point power of my membership including CWA points? There is no way to validate this that I can find on the website so I don't know if something behind the scenes actually differentiates the type of inventory and what I can or cannot see as a CWA only owner. Thank you for any help of clarity.

This is a flat out lie by sales that I got wrapped into myself. I called Owner Services to validate this and they said it’s not true. After 10 months all points are the same. Only point they are different is with ARP (13-10 months). Don’t change your CWA contract for this. I am Platinum with 1m points all CWA and I’ve never had an issue booking. By any chance was this Bonnet Creek? BTW, this is a major deviation from the thread topic.

cschenk7

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
This is a flat out lie by sales that I got wrapped into myself. I called Owner Services to validate this and they said it’s not true. After 10 months all points are the same. Only point they are different is with ARP (13-10 months). Don’t change your CWA contract for this. I am Platinum with 1m points all CWA and I’ve never had an issue booking. By any chance was this Bonnet Creek? BTW, this is a major deviation from the thread topic.
Sorry...this was my first post and I read something about a point is a point and ran with it. I just found out how to start a thread and did so. It does tie in though (somewhat) to the "Privileges" because I was being asked to buy to split my ownership and get a "power deed" before new Privileges takes place in 2020 and the tiers change. No, the it wasn't Bonnet where I heard this, it was in Atlantic City. I just have no way to validate except that is "feels" like inventory is missing for places that last year (when I had a split contract) I was able to get.

cschenk7

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Thank you for answering though!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Sorry...this was my first post and I read something about a point is a point and ran with it. I just found out how to start a thread and did so. It does tie in though (somewhat) to the "Privileges" because I was being asked to buy to split my ownership and get a "power deed" before new Privileges takes place in 2020 and the tiers change. No, the it wasn't Bonnet where I heard this, it was in Atlantic City. I just have no way to validate except that is "feels" like inventory is missing for places that last year (when I had a split contract) I was able to get.

It was me who said points are points within the standard 10 month booking window (except for the 75% of PR inventory reserved for PR owners until 30 days). This is an absolute true statement. The ONLY time your CWA/CWS ownership makes a difference is in the ARP booking windows from 10-13 months as others have already pointed out. Sales weasels will do or say whatever they have to to get you to spend money and make a commission. Always validate whatever you hear with Ownercare and/or here on the TUG forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bryjake

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access, Midtown 45
The question of after 10 months of points are points is important

We are in New Orleans and at our owner presentation this came up again

The sale full quart press was that cwa has different availability than select. Therefore balance availability with cwa and select. Sales quote “you are not seeing the complete inventory”

They offer me nyc midtown select. I am curious on that locations maintenance fees (did not buy but curious if they were doing me a favor or unloading high mf site)

Wrapping up, sales mentioned privileges is coming. Buy now because points are not points after 10 months. Balanced contracts is the key. Sales yadda yadda

Sales also mentioned that upgrades to club pass and new perks would be more geared for the higher vip levels.

As usual, sales was not fully informed and clear on the details.

I love this website because it helps me better understand my ts and to better stand on firm ground when confronted with lies and misdirection.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

The sale full quart press was that cwa has different availability than select. Therefore balance availability with cwa and select. Sales quote “you are not seeing the complete inventory”

They offer me nyc midtown select. I am curious on that locations maintenance fees (did not buy but curious if they were doing me a favor or unloading high mf site)

Wrapping up, sales mentioned privileges is coming. Buy now because points are not points after 10 months. Balanced contracts is the key. Sales yadda yadda

Sales also mentioned that upgrades to club pass and new perks would be more geared for the higher vip levels.

I love this website because it helps me better understand my ts and to better stand on firm ground when confronted with lies and misdirection.
Knowledge is power.

Trevorflorida

Reaction score
We have 1.3 million in re-sale points. The contracts area combination of Wyndham Access, Worldmark Points, Margaritaville and a Hawaii property. We just visited an owner’s update and the sales manager gave us a ridiculous offer for us to buy 400,000 points for a $100,000 dollars. He said with that purchase we could double our points and rent out the other half of our points. Of course Wyndham would get 40% and I would get 60 % of the rental fee. Why would I want to then put $30,000 down payment and have 120 months at $1,237 payment to off set my maintenance cost. I’ll keep my $100,000 dollars ear interest and pay my maintenance happily knowing I paid pennies on the dollar per thousand points as opposed to $253.00 per developer points. Wake up people.

upload_2019-5-26_10-9-11.jpeg

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
We have 1.3 million in re-sale points. The contracts area combination of Wyndham Access, Worldmark Points, Margaritaville and a Hawaii property. We just visited an owner’s update and the sales manager gave us a ridiculous offer for us to buy 400,000 points for a $100,000 dollars. He said with that purchase we could double our points and rent out the other half of our points. Of course Wyndham would get 40% and I would get 60 % of the rental fee. Why would I want to then put $30,000 down payment and have 120 months at $1,237 payment to off set my maintenance cost. I’ll keep my $100,000 dollars ear interest and pay my maintenance happily knowing I paid pennies on the dollar per thousand points as opposed to $253.00 per developer points. Wake up people.

View attachment 12042
Oh Wow. I still can't past renaming the levels. Marketing geniuses - NOT!

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it’s an Emerald benefit for friends & family reservations.
What’s that mean for non VIPs?? None??
Upgrades mentioned so they’re expecting upgrades to stay. Just hope it can be fixed!!

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

Balanced contracts! I love it! Used to be that if you owned CWP, you should convert to Select and if you owned Select, you should convert to CWP. Now you need both.

Fortunately, there are no other combinations.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Balanced contracts! I love it! Used to be that if you owned CWP, you should convert to Select and if you owned Select, you should convert to CWP. Now you need both.

This “balanced contract” combination actually has some value if the owner typically books within the ARP window for a resort that has both CWS and CWA inventory. That said, AFAIK you cannot “combine” your CWS and CWA points within the ARP window, so you would need to have enough contract points available with either CWA or CWS to cover the entire booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

LOL, Im sure Wyndham will come up with a few other products with new names to sell. Some just cant resist buying the latest and greatest.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some just cant resist buying the latest and greatest.
I don’t have too, Wyndham is going to give me Titanium benefits even though I’m over 200,000 points short.
Thank You Wyndham for giving me the latest & greatest absolutely FREE

davejulien

Reaction score

That’s why. You already paid through the nose. :)

Titanium will most likely bring PR benefits to non-PR owners. Legacy collection and such... I’m Platinum so I’ll be Diamond. I’ll probably see a few benefit changes but not Legacy and some of these other “perks” that come with PR.

luvNMB52

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have just finished reading this entire thread and do not see my question addressed. We are grandfathered Silver VIP (309k points).

The wording on the papers posted showing the new names for the various levels is worrisome to me in that it says that Silver owners (with the notation of having 400,000-699,999 points) will be called Gold and retain the benefits of Silver plus some possible enhancements.

It also says that owners that are “close to being Silver” with 300,000-399,999 points will be Emerald but a “small purchase” is required.

I don’t see our exact situation explained... that of being Grandfathered Silver VIP. Does anyone have any information or thoughts on this situation?

Thanks in advance.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Oh Wow. I still can't past renaming the levels. Marketing geniuses - NOT!

Or are they? I've been hearing sales people tell buyers, if they buy into VIP silver now, they will "give" them Gold when the changes take effect. They neglect to mention it's just a name change, and that they will still have the same silver benefits (25% discounts, 6 months to use the points deposit feature, etc). They lead people to believe they will have the current Gold privileges when the changes take effect. I wouldn't be surprised, if they did the name changes to intentionally confuse people, and allow sales people to take advantage of that confusion. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I cannot see another purpose for the name change.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I have just finished reading this entire thread and do not see my question addressed. We are grandfathered Silver VIP (309k points).

The wording on the papers posted showing the new names for the various levels is worrisome to me in that it says that Silver owners (with the notation of having 400,000-699,999 points) will be called Gold and retain the benefits of Silver plus some possible enhancements.

It also says that owners that are “close to being Silver” with 300,000-399,999 points will be Emerald but a “small purchase” is required.

I don’t see our exact situation explained... that of being Grandfathered Silver VIP. Does anyone have any information or thoughts on this situation?

Thanks in advance.

The memo that was released, was posted here. VIPs who are grandfathered will maintain their status and benefits. It was the last page of the memo. Post # 126 by Cyrus 24. It said they will have the Gold privileges under the new program. Gold is the new Silver.

luvNMB52

TUG Member
Reaction score
The memo that was released, was posted here. VIPs who are grandfathered will maintain their status and benefits. It was the last page of the memo. Post # 126 by Cyrus 24. It said they will have the Gold privileges under the new program. Gold is the new Silver.

Thanks, Richelle! I did read that post, but had trouble reading that last page b/c it was pretty blurry. I tried again and was able to make it out.
Melinda

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Or are they? I've been hearing sales people tell buyers, if they buy into VIP silver now, they will "give" them Gold when the changes take effect. They neglect to mention it's just a name change, and that they will still have the same silver benefits (25% discounts, 6 months to use the points deposit feature, etc). They lead people to believe they will have the current Gold privileges when the changes take effect. I wouldn't be surprised, if they did the name changes to intentionally confuse people, and allow sales people to take advantage of that confusion. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I cannot see another purpose for the name change.
Spot on with your assuptions.

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
This thread has made my day !

2 perfect SAT math scores, and 1 almost in this house are rolling on the floor laughing ! (FYI - we are all in agreement....1/2)

as far as new levels - my plan is to do NO updates so no-one looks at my holdings! and I keep up-to-date with TUG wyn happenings !