• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Points Resales

Rugzyschick

Reaction score
Ok so found a resale for 84,000 annual wyndham points (I know not enough for a yrly vacation to anywhere spectacular for a 2BR) but my question is.....it says 84,000 annual points for $3000 and MF is $34.37.....so is the MF per year, per month, per 1000k points?? Just so I can understand for when it is time to buy.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
IMHO, you'll need at least 154000 for a yearly vacation in a 2br unless you always plan on traveling 'off season'. The MF is monthly and that is average to low for MF's, so this is good. The $3K for this contract is too much. You may want to share the link to the listing so that others can comment with all the facts in front of them.

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Ok so found a resale for 84,000 annual wyndham points (I know not enough for a yrly vacation to anywhere spectacular for a 2BR) but my question is.....it says 84,000 annual points for $3000 and MF is $34.37.....so is the MF per year, per month, per 1000k points?? Just so I can understand for when it is time to buy.
Per month, we are Wyndham owners as well as other places. Most M/F are paid annually, we pay Wyndham monthly .

Rugzyschick

Reaction score
IMHO, you'll need at least 154000 for a yearly vacation in a 2br unless you always plan on traveling 'off season'. The MF is monthly and that is average to low for MF's, so this is good. The $3K for this contract is too much. You may want to share the link to the listing so that others can comment with all the facts in front of them.

Thanks, I knew we would need more points, just using as an example. I was thinking it must be per month. Found another that 300K a year for $3700..seems like a decent deal but the MF was $135, so if thats monthly then would be $1620 for the year....not really looking to spend that much per year for MF's but on the plus side I would be splitting that with my parents (we going 1/2ers on a timeshare) so in reality I would only have to pay $810 a year and I assume 300k points a year would get us a nice 2BR pretty much anywhere within Wyndham. Correct? Does this seem like a good deal?

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I knew we would need more points, just using as an example. I was thinking it must be per month. Found another that 300K a year for $3700..seems like a decent deal but the MF was $135, so if thats monthly then would be $1620 for the year....not really looking to spend that much per year for MF's but on the plus side I would be splitting that with my parents (we going 1/2ers on a timeshare) so in reality I would only have to pay $810 a year and I assume 300k points a year would get us a nice 2BR pretty much anywhere within Wyndham. Correct? Does this seem like a good deal?

$135/mo MF for 300K is a pretty low MF if indeed it is an annual contract and not even/odd use year.

Things to keep in mind: you get 1 reservation transaction for every 77,000 points, so while it isn't perfect, it is good to try to keep that in mind. And Wyndham charges $299 for the transfer as well as whatever the closing document/filing fee may be, which should be around $200, if you've shopped around. I've seen lots of auctions that charge huge amounts of money for closing.

I own 4 resales with Wyndham. I started with an annual, picked up a couple EOY, and then a 400K CWA. So for all four contracts combined I paid $1409 closed. I have 540K odd year and 876K even year. My MF are $335/month and this gets me 9 reservation transactions each year. I will be the first to admit that I now have too many points. So the key is to not jump for the bad deals, and not jump for every good deal as well.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
$135/mo MF for 300K is good. 308K would be a better points buy as noted above on the 1 transaction per each 77K. I do think that $3700 is too much to pay upfront. That said, if this is the total bill for the transaction, it's not a bad deal. Look for that best balance on annual points, MF's, and upfront costs, it won't take long to find the perfect match for your situation.

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
I do think that $3700 is too much to pay upfront. That said, if this is the total bill for the transaction, it's not a bad deal. Look for that best balance on annual points, MF's, and upfront costs, it won't take long to find the perfect match for your situation.
Follow the Bargain deals here on TUG... I just saw two Wyndham point contracts go for FREE cost from TUG members

hjsweet2002

TUG Member
Reaction score
3000 seems awful high for 84000 points. Check eBay and tug marketplace for options

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
Just to try to answer the OP's question, an MF stated as $34.xx would have to be the monthly amount. Trying to determine the accurate MF is a challenge on an e-Bay auction. The information is usually not highly technical. Meaning, some are inaccurate, some may be a year out of date, some may not include the program fee, and some are just plain wrong. You can't really know how knowledgeable any eBay seller is unless you become a little knowledgeable yourself. Through TUG for example. There seems to be a thread here each year listing correct MF's posted by members who own the actual resort you might be looking at. That's the gold standard. Other things that may or may not be specified in the listing are whether it is a converted fixed week or something else. In many case that may not matter, but in some cases it will. You have to read here, and ask questions about how things work in a practical sense to decide whether to bid on a particular Wyndham listing. Then you can ask a seller well in advance to put all these answers on the record.

BillyBob444

Reaction score
3000 is way too much to pay for that amount of points. I just bought 88K WA for 100.00 plus the 300$ transfer fee. Seller payed all the other fees. Look on Ebay or on Tug. There are much better deals out there. Some sellers pay all the fees

Dave Landry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City Beach
There is a 308000 Panama city beach contract in the marketplace for 3000 right now. Maintenance fees are low. Better deal then what you are looking at and maybe you can negotiate a better price