• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Old Town Alexandria

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
At this point, I am now showing no availability for 2018 with a message to the effect they are experiencing some inventory problems.

johnstonga

TUG Member
Reaction score
At this point, I am now showing no availability for 2018 with a message to the effect they are experiencing some inventory problems.

My guess is that this is part of the Systems Wide error that can Double and Triple Book "Lock-out" units ... and maybe 25% of the 62 units at OT Alexandria's are Lock-Outs.
This is happening to ALL Resorts with Lock-out Units ... at OTAlex and Pat's Place in Wmsburg, and others I am sure, the temporary solution appears to be Removing the availability of All the units until they fix this and figure out which of the future reservations are affected.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your post is not inconsistent with what Wyndham advised earlier today. I do not think it is applied across the board, but the representative indicated that when they get into a overbook situation (example mentioned was holidays) they pull all inventory until the problem is fixed.

johnstonga

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your post is not inconsistent* with what Wyndham advised earlier today. I do not think it is applied across the board, but the representative indicated that when they get into a overbook situation (example mentioned was holidays) they pull all inventory until the problem is fixed.
*Just for grins, I consider "not inconsistent" to be same as "consistent"

Bet you a nickle Wyndham has pulled 90% of all lock-out units out of inventory at every resort that has lock-outs ... and that resorts with lots of lock-outs might have some or all of the NON-lock out units pulled to cover any overbookings that might have happened.

My "guess" is that all the resorts, -- and there are lots of them, --with the notice on reservation page that says something like "please excuse the inconvenience while we work thru inventory issues" has it there because of the "lock-out" overbooking problem.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just for grins, it would be interesting if people run into the message you mention would post the name of the resort.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just for grins, it would be interesting if people run into the message you mention would post the name of the resort.
Sounds like a good mission for you. Just look at the directory for every resort with lockouts. Then happy searching and trying to book.Or just start searching all resorts and record every time you get the message

Last edited:

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still no availability. Any clues from Wyndham when it will be fixed? Can you still make reservations I’ve phone for Old Town?

erniecrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Desert Blue
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Smugglers Notch
Hilton Las Vegas
Here it is the 20th of January and they are still working on availability issues:( It makes it hard for planning and using our expensive time share where we desire. Wyndham! you need to take a long hard look at the people you have working on this wonderful website, it is going to take some time before you re-gain my trust in the system you have developed.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
There are resorts with no lockoffs that also have the “We’re sorry about inventory problems” message. Cases where there are 2 and 3 bedroom units but the 1 bedrooms are gone for June.

Bob

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
This same problem is been reported in Williamsburg, Va. There is no inventory available. Wyndham needs to come clean and fixed this problem.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
Hopefully they are and getting us separated from Voyager.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
You are right, it is not a thing. It is my Timeshare website

johnstonga

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Great "lock-off/out condo" inventory purge of 2017/18 apparently ended last Saturday January 20 after about Six Weeks when 90+% of "lock-off/out condo" inventory was removed from inventory,

The Wyn Reservation system had been allowing Overbooking of Any and All Lock-off/out Units at ALL Wyndham resorts.
As a result, Wyn pull 90+% of "Lock-out/off" condos out of inventory for ALL of 2018.

This likely resulted in a 20+% inventory reduction System-Wide.

At some resorts, like Patriot's Place in Wmsburg, 100% of it's inventory was removed for All of 2018.
For almost two months, it was Impossible to make Any reservations there.

Now that this latest System Failure has been resolved -- hopefully forever -- folks should have seen some extra inventory showing up at ALL resorts with 'lock-pit/off' condos.

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I just made a reservation at Patriots' Place for Presidents' Day weekend. In a 2BR LO. You think I can trust it?

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
I made a reservation at Old Town for 3br Presidential Thanksgiving week.

I cancelled because wife wanted National Harbor, but it looks like it took.

I just made a reservation at Patriots' Place for Presidents' Day weekend. In a 2BR LO. You think I can trust it?

johnstonga

TUG Member
Reaction score
I imagine any reservation you make and subsequently receive a confirmation is as good as any other ... which, in this case means 95% certainty.

Obviously, you can double check by calling the resort ....