• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Ocean Walk Room numbers

jmurp62

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points
Good morning all,
I'm looking at Wyndham Daytona for a week and remember there were side view (or Ocean View) rooms. There doesn't seem to be a breakdown of Ocean Front vs Ocean View room assignment. Is this the case? I thought there was different point charges for this but it doesn't show up that I can see. That being the case, does anyone Know what room numbers would be Ocean Front view in a one bedroom deluxe? Thanks in advance
Murph

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
All three bedrooms are ocean front. I'll look for my building layout and get back to you. Also, Ocean Walk has some street view 1 bedroom standard condos in the South Tower. Those are great during Bike Week if you like motorcycles and don't mind the noise they make.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Here are my South tower Notes

up to XX15 are oceanfront. However 1 -5 or 6 are wholly owned condos. So aim for closest to XX15. XX16 to XX19A are Perpendicular to Ocean facing Adams Mark. Need to be at least 10 floor to clear mall. Lower floors are ocean glimpse to the side and a building in front of you. Higher floors I would consider oceanview.

XX16 is closest to the ocean, XX19A is nearly next to A1A. XX19B had only intercoastal view NO oceanview at all.

All B units have NO view except into the hallway, AVOID these.

The corner oceanfront unit is XX15.

I don't recall how many floors the South Tower is, and that is not in my notes. So XX15A highest floor would be the request for a 1 BR.

North Tower 3BRs and 2 BRs are oceanfronts. Units XX21 to XX27. There are only 2 rooms that are 1 BR and both are parking or worse (XX29 and XX31). So avoid North tower if you want to book a 1 BR.

Aim for XX08 to XX15 A style Deluxe unit.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here are my South tower Notes

up to XX15 are oceanfront. However 1 -5 or 6 are wholly owned condos. So aim for closest to XX15. XX16 to XX19A are Perpendicular to Ocean facing Adams Mark. Need to be at least 10 floor to clear mall. Lower floors are ocean glimpse to the side and a building in front of you. Higher floors I would consider oceanview.

XX16 is closest to the ocean, XX19A is nearly next to A1A. XX19B had only intercoastal view NO oceanview at all.

All B units have NO view except into the hallway, AVOID these.

The corner oceanfront unit is XX15.

I don't recall how many floors the South Tower is, and that is not in my notes. So XX15A highest floor would be the request for a 1 BR.

North Tower 3BRs and 2 BRs are oceanfronts. Units XX21 to XX27. There are only 2 rooms that are 1 BR and both are parking or worse (XX29 and XX31). So avoid North tower if you want to book a 1 BR.

Aim for XX08 to XX15 A style Deluxe unit.

Awesome. Do you have similar notes for two bedroom units?

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Awesome. Do you have similar notes for two bedroom units?
21-27 ocean front. Agter that even is that ocean view, odd numbered are city few.

1 bedrooms are more points then 1 bedroom suites.

jmurp62

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points
Thanks Sandy! Just requested room 1515A March 24 - 31, 2019. Hope I get it!!
Murph

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Here's a unit map.

I asked if the Moderators could put up a sticky for unit maps.

Attachments

• Ocean Walk Unit Map.pdf
    540.8 KB · Views: 416

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Here's a unit map.

I asked if the Moderators could put up a sticky for unit maps.

Moderators said no -- attach them to reviews.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Moderators said no -- attach them to reviews.

Wow. Odd response. It would seem sticky would be most appropriate location for the room number site maps. Stickies are easily retrieved from mobile devices. Reviews are not. Might be time for a “reconsideration”.

Reaction score
The way I heard it (I've stayed at OW the most out of any Florida timeshares), if it says "1 bdrm deluxe", most likely they are on the sides, meaning you get North or South views including the ocean. Some 1-bdrm deluxes basically have city views. The 2-3 bedrooms face east. The lock-off 2 bedrooms, as above, the 'A' side has ocean view while the 'b' side has an indoor/walkway view.

TS

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow. Odd response. It would seem sticky would be most appropriate location for the room number site maps. Stickies are easily retrieved from mobile devices. Reviews are not. Might be time for a “reconsideration”.

Reviews are only available to TUG members. Perhaps the moderators would like the easy access to layouts to go with the easy access to reviews as a feature only available to members. I know we give reviews and layouts in the main discussion board, but they aren't all in one place, organized, and easily sorted through like the reviews.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Reviews are only available to TUG members. Perhaps the moderators would like the easy access to layouts to go with the easy access to reviews as a feature only available to members. I know we give reviews and layouts in the main discussion board, but they aren't all in one place, organized, and easily sorted through like the reviews.

That could be. . . but I login 99% of the time via my mobile phone or iPad, and the sticky notes are easily found, and visible on those, but not the reviews. It just seems short sighted to limit the availability of vital information like this to only reviews, when sticky notes are viable options. As a TUG member, having to login via a desktop computer to see an important piece of information is a non-starter.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
The way I heard it (I've stayed at OW the most out of any Florida timeshares), if it says "1 bdrm deluxe", most likely they are on the sides, meaning you get North or South views including the ocean. Some 1-bdrm deluxes basically have city views. The 2-3 bedrooms face east. The lock-off 2 bedrooms, as above, the 'A' side has ocean view while the 'b' side has an indoor/walkway view.

TS

I would suggest you get your hearing checked.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

TS

This is not at all correct. Ocean Walk's units are more complex than that. You ignore the fact that there are two different kinds of 2BR lock off units. The cheaper one has 1BR Deluxe units with oceanfront (NOT ocean view) balconies. That makes your first and last statements incorrect. The third sentence is not correct -- only 3BR units are guaranteed to face east (i.e., be oceanfront). Check the unit map I posted and look at all the ocean view 2BR units on floors 4-25. Your second sentence is correct -- some 1BR Deluxe units have city views.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
That could be. . . but I login 99% of the time via my mobile phone or iPad, and the sticky notes are easily found, and visible on those, but not the reviews. It just seems short sighted to limit the availability of vital information like this to only reviews, when sticky notes are viable options. As a TUG member, having to login via a desktop computer to see an important piece of information is a non-starter.

No judgement either way. I am just figuring that they are trying to keep something special for people to pay to be members as opposed to guests. It would be nice if those paid features were as easily accessible to you regardless of your device. I pay because I want this great place to stick around, as I am sure do you. Others don't always see the same value :)