• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Kingsgate Question...

heandge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None yet...
We are looking at purchasing a resale contract at Kingsgate for $1, 105,000 points, maintenance fees are $706.20/year, free closing costs.

Our main question is if you seasoned Wyndham owners feel like this is a decent price to pay for the maintenance fees, and secondly what has the historical pattern of the maintenance fees been?

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are looking at purchasing a resale contract at Kingsgate for $1, 105,000 points, maintenance fees are $706.20/year, free closing costs.

Our main question is if you seasoned Wyndham owners feel like this is a decent price to pay for the maintenance fees, and secondly what has the historical pattern of the maintenance fees been?

The first question is why that contract, of that size, at that location? How does this fit with your other Club Wyndham holdings, if any?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heandge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None yet...
We are looking to puchase our first contract. We like the purchase price of $1 (and free closing costs), we feel like it is a manageable and useful amount of points for us to have right now, and while interested in vacationing at Kingsgate, we most likely will vacation once a year elsewhere. Mostly we are unsure of what a "good" price is for maintenance costs would be...

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
That Kingsgate contract is slightly higher than Club Wyndham Access which many use as a proxy for average MF.

But you will be hit with the minimum Program Fee, so your MF will look higher than that $706 amount.

105k is barely enough to do anything with.

Considering the minimum Program Fee (around 233k break even), the allocation rate for Reservation Transactions (1 per 77k points), and the typical points requirements during prime season, the LEAST I would buy for a first contract is 231k (a multiple of 77k), and even that is stretching it.

If you don’t care about staying at Kingsgate, I would look for a Club Wyndham Access (CWA) contract. They cost more than $1 but will be more useful in the long run.

BTW, the Kingsgate contract is likely a fixed week, so you would have ARP only for the underlying week.

heandge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None yet...
That Kingsgate contract is slightly higher than Club Wyndham Access which many use as a proxy for average MF.

But you will be hit with the minimum Program Fee, so your MF will look higher than that $706 amount.

105k is barely enough to do anything with.

Considering the minimum Program Fee (around 233k break even), the allocation rate for Reservation Transactions (1 per 77k points), and the typical points requirements during prime season, the LEAST I would buy for a first contract is 231k (a multiple of 77k), and even that is stretching it.

If you don’t care about staying at Kingsgate, I would look for a Club Wyndham Access (CWA) contract. They cost more than $1 but will be more useful in the long run.

BTW, the Kingsgate contract is likely a fixed week, so you would have ARP only for the underlying week.

Great information! These are all things we hadn't taken into account! Thank you

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
How many points will the OP needs to exchange into a two (2) bedrooms villa for a week (during the Months of June thru September or October thru December )?

I am asking what is average number of points needed for a week stay?

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
How many points will the OP needs to exchange into a two (2) bedrooms villa for a week (during the Months of June thru September or October thru December )?

I am asking what is average number of points needed for a week stay?

It really depends where you want to go! A 2BR at Kingsgate in the Summer is 154K. A Summer 2BR at Bonnet Creek is 224K. A 2BR at Panama City in the Summer ranges from 275K-350K. A 2BR at Canterbury is 400K. So there is a very very wide range, not sure there is really a way to give a useful average without knowing what locations are of the most interest.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
How about from January thru May 31, I only talking about Kingsgate in Williamsburg,Va.
How many points would the OP needs to vacation at Kingsgate in Williamsburg,Va in a two (2) bedroom villas?

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
How about from January thru May 31, I only talking about Kingsgate in Williamsburg,Va.
How many points would the OP needs to vacation at Kingsgate in Williamsburg,Va in a two (2) bedroom villas?

Between 77,000 and 126,000.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
We are looking to puchase our first contract. We like the purchase price of $1 (and free closing costs), we feel like it is a manageable and useful amount of points for us to have right now, and while interested in vacationing at Kingsgate, we most likely will vacation once a year elsewhere. Mostly we are unsure of what a "good" price is for maintenance costs would be...

$706/105 = $6.72/1000 points. Not sure if this amount includes the Wyndham program fees or not? If so, that's roughly equivalent to a CWA contract in MFs. If not, it's higher than a CWA contract. If you're not going to actually ever use Kingsgate, I agree with the others that say to find a CWA contract that has ARP at 70 resorts. If you can give us a good sense of your annual vacation needs/wants in number of days, when/where, etc., we can probably help to determine what size contracts to look for on the resale market to best meet your requirements.

In so far as maintenance fees (MFs) are concerned, I would categorize pricing as follows:

<$4.00/1000 = excellent
>$4.00 - 5.00/1000 = very good
>$5.00 - 6.00/1000 = good
>$6.00 - 7.00/1000 = average
>$7.00 - 8.00/1000 = bad
>$8.00 - 9.00/1000 = very bad
>$9.00 = avoid these (unless you want ARP at this resort specifically)