• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham is now partnering with Plantation Resort, including the Presidential Villas at Plantation

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Plantation Resort is Now Partnered with Wyndham Vacation Ownership

We are delighted to announce our new partnership with Wyndham Vacation Ownership (WVO). Effective immediately, WVO signed an agreement to take over all sales and marketing operations for Plantation Resort.

Orlando-based Wyndham Vacation Ownership, a member of the Wyndham Worldwide family of companies, is the world leader in timeshare sales with over 887,000 owners globally.

Click here to see Wyndham’s official announcement of our new relationship.

In addition, WVO acquired a limited amount of unsold inventory at the Resort. Resort operations will continue to be managed by Plantation Resort.

So what does this mean for you as a Plantation Resort owner? Read more to find out.

How Does this Relationship Affect You as a Plantation Resort Owner?

1. You Can Continue Like Always as a Plantation Resort Owner.
All Plantation Resort owners including RCI Points and Weeks owners will be able to continue to enjoy their vacations as they always have. If you already love the way you experience your vacations then, by all means, continue vacationing as you have been. Maybe you love coming back to Plantation Resort year after year, or maybe you enjoy using the RCI points from your Plantation Resort ownership to return to your favorite resort in Tennessee or Hawaii. If you don’t want to change, please keep enjoying your vacation ownership.

2. You Can Continue with your Plantation Resort Advantage Program Membership.
Owners in good standing who are a part of the Plantation Resort Advantage Program will still have access to all its features and benefits.

3. Your Access to Plantation Resort Inventory Will Not Change.
WVO is purchasing unsold weeks at Plantation Resort to use as part of its own membership inventory. This will not affect your ability to reserve your vacation at Plantation Resort. Owners have expressed concern about this, and we reiterate that as long as you are paying your maintenance fee on time and reserving during your window of ownership, you’ll be able to enjoy your vacation at Plantation Resort and elsewhere as you have in the past. By purchasing unsold weeks from Plantation Resort, WVO will help offset homeowners association costs by paying the maintenance fees for the weeks that it purchases.

If you would like to know more about our new agreement with Wyndham, please call one of our friendly Owner Services representatives at 1-800-845-5039 or via email at reservations@plantationresort.com and they will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

We look forward to sharing more details about this relationship as they are finalized, but rest assured, you can expect the same great vacation experience you have always enjoyed at Plantation Resort.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Well, it's better than Diamond. I wish this resort would just stay independent. If only it would be a WorldMark resort, that would be awesome. But I am sure it's going to be Wyndham. Ho hum.

I wonder if we can still pick a week to deposit to RCI, or if we are going to be stuck with whatever they decide to deposit. It's always been easy dealing with this resort.

I am actually a little sick over this decision. :(

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting that the message said WVO has "over 887,000 owners." All the sales pitches in the past 5+ years pegged the number as over 900,000 and approaching a million. Interesting trend?

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about this resort, but it isn't even beachfront. They run a shuttle to the beach. Who would want to stay in Myrtle Beach and not be beachfront?

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Plantation Resort: Is coming to Wyndham Vacation Ownership. No other information is available from Wyndham Owner Services number option 3 option 2.

Plantation Resort Owner Services provided the following information: Sales and Marketing Department went to Wyndham. No new owners go to Plantation Resort.

Local number for Wyndham Sales and Marketing is: 843 913-5000 closed Wendsday and Thursday x 1105.

They are currently in process of getting 800 number and changing phone numbers for Sales and Marketing to Wyndham Numbers.

The units are going to what she referred to as Wyndham Club. Indicated she did not know much more.

mbger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, it's better than Diamond. I wish this resort would just stay independent. If only it would be a WorldMark resort, that would be awesome. But I am sure it's going to be Wyndham. Ho hum.

I wonder if we can still pick a week to deposit to RCI, or if we are going to be stuck with whatever they decide to deposit. It's always been easy dealing with this resort.

I am actually a little sick over this decision. :(
I like you am a little concerned over this decision. I own both Plantation Resorts & Wyndham. Have always used PIC program in past and
not sure how we will be affected by this.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Talked with a different representative. They indicated that if someone is affected by this development, they will be notified. At this moment they are not taking reservations. It will be like Clear Water, cannot book reservation until someone comes in and buys someting. At least four or five months unless everyone starts buying.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham is such a giant company, and it's getting bigger all of the time. I don't like feeding the monster.

jlwquilter

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Huh. I had no idea this happened and I've been an owner at Plantation Resort for years. I don't have to do anything (pre-pay MFs and reserve a week to deposit into RCI) until next summer as I own an EOY Odd week.

OMG Cindy! It becoming a WorldMark would be fantastic! But highly unlikely.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
What difference does it make to the current owners whether the units Wyndham buys go to Club Wyndham or Worldmark? Why would one be “awesome” or “fantastic” or the other, not

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
To some current owners, it may make a difference if Wyndham has a sales program that offers existing owner a trade into the Wyndham System and what the terms would be.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
To some current owners, it may make a difference if Wyndham has a sales program that offers existing owner a trade into the Wyndham System and what the terms would be.
I understand the sales thing, but I have the same question . Why would be awesome (as one poster said, or fantastic, (as another said) to have Wyndham selling their Worldmark brand as opposed to Club Wyndham?

Wyndham sales is Wyndham sales...No??

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not own Worldmark, but I think it would be awesome and fantastic if this inventory went to Worldmark. I do own a number of timeshares in Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, etc. Have not stayed at the resort in question but from passing by it, it gives me the impression that it would be great place for Worldmark owners to go to instead of using Resorts where Wyndham Club Plus/Access have significant inventory.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't understand why owners just get stuck with whatever management company a large resort like Plantation Resort decide to choose. It's maddening.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
In this case, Wyndham did not get the management contract, at least not at this point. The management company's, at least in Wyndham's case, get very long terms for the contract and other terms that make it very difficult to remove them.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not own Worldmark, but I think it would be awesome and fantastic if this inventory went to Worldmark. I do own a number of timeshares in Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, etc. Have not stayed at the resort in question but from passing by it, it gives me the impression that it would be great place for Worldmark owners to go to instead of using Resorts where Wyndham Club Plus/Access have significant inventory.
thats my point,, It would be a good thing for worldmark owner but for Plantation Resort owners, I dont see that it makes a difference who gets to stay in units that wyndham is getting

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Based on the press releases to the existing owners it probably does not make a difference who gets it. The point that MFs are paid on under utilized inventory would do nothing but help them. If this inventory headed towards Wyndham includes or will include foreclosed or take back units on defaulted existing owner contracts, it would help the HOA and existing owners even more. Wyndham has deep pockets and can help HOAs that need or could use help.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham is such a giant company, and it's getting bigger all of the time. I don't like feeding the monster.
actually is getting smaller.. Its cutting itself in half.. Hotels will be one company, and timeshares another

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
Interesting that the message said WVO has "over 887,000 owners." All the sales pitches in the past 5+ years pegged the number as over 900,000 and approaching a million. Interesting trend?
Maybe Ovation is having a larger impact than we thought. ???

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Maybe its because Wyndham counted each contract as " an owner "
and when the pushed RonParise , Am1 etc out - it cut the number ?

LOL

<Not a reflection on former owners >

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Maybe Ovation is having a larger impact than we thought. ???
Does this number include Wyndham, Shell, and Worldmark? I know the Membership in Worldmark went down during and since the Recession and now stands at less than 230K.