• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Hotel Timeshares Groups Seperating

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Per Wyndham, as of yesterday, the break-up of Wyndham Worldwide into the two different groups is on schedule to occur on June1, 2018.

tduane

Reaction score
How is it separating. I just bought wyndham club access points..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are becoming two publicly traded companies. Stock holders of the current Wyndham Worldwide will get shares in the new public company that are owners of record on a certain date and time. This should not affect Club Wyndham Plus/Access ownership at this time. What the future holds, who knows.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
How is it separating. I just bought wyndham club access points..

It’s the hotel group splitting. It has nothing of change with the timeshare portion, other than perhaps a name suffix. Probably should not have been posted here on a timeshare user group board, especially with no context explaining that no changes will be made to anyone's ownership or use of timeshare.

If one reads the press release, the assurance of no changes to timeshare ownership is made: "Your ability to enjoy all of the benefits and great vacation options available to you through your CLUB WYNDHAM ownership remains unchanged. This planned separation also will not impact your ability to use the award-winning Wyndham Rewards program across all of our hotel, resort and timeshare offerings, just as you do today."

Best to just ignore this thread.

Last edited:

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
https://www.myclubwyndham.com/mycw/happening/news/exciting-wyndham-announcement.page?

Here is a Wyndham Post on the reorganization of the Hotel Group and the realignment of what is now Wyndham Vacation Ownership (Wyndham Club Plus/Access are part of the current Wyndham Vacation ownership.) Please note that post reorganization it appears the timeshares Wyndham Club Plus/Access are going to be part of Wyndham Destinations.

mjc775

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk + DRI/HVC
Here is a Wyndham Post on the reorganization of the Hotel Group and the realignment of what is now Wyndham Vacation Ownership (Wyndham Club Plus/Access are part of the current Wyndham Vacation ownership.) Please note that post reorganization it appears the timeshares Wyndham Club Plus/Access are going to be part of Wyndham Destinations.

So just a name change? Will there be new resorts to use my Wyndham points at? What excitement am I not understanding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, not just a name change. Apparently, the jest of what Wyndham is releasing right now is that there is not going to be changes to the timeshares at this point. Like I indicated earlier, what the future holds, who knows. Regarding "Will there be new resorts to use my Wyndham points at" The only thing they would speculate on was that Wyndham Rewards features might be expanded shortly in context of the Wyndham Club Plus/Access program. What will be interesting to watch, is what effect the Hotel group spin off will have on availability over time.

Crafty71

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smugglers Notch Resort (Wyndham); DVC Old Key West
Nonsense.
Speaking of "nonsense", I received the perspective from a sales associate (can't call him a weasel because we were out of our "update" in under an hour...with our $100 gift card...woo-HOO :banana:. I think J.R. quickly realized we knew what we were talking about (thanks to TUGS) and he was not going anywhere with us).

His perspective was that the timeshare division was funding the hotel division which was hindering the development of the timeshare resorts. With the spinoff, the timeshare division will get to keep all their $$ which means more TS resorts in the future...

I will believe it when I see it...;)

Cheers!

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, not just a name change.

there is not going to be changes to the timeshares e.
Thanks for clearing that up Robert.
I’m still waiting for that update you promised a couple months ago on how the hotel side was messing up what we see on availability in the timeshare side.

[Off-topic comment removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hilton and HGVC split off a few years (?) ago. It only effects the raising of capital and shareholders. Nothing else will change.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Ditto for when MCVI spun off from Marriott. Non-event.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a Wall Street thing. The two divisions of Wyndham worldwide operate independently now (Timeshares are headquartered in Orlando and hotels in New Jersey) nothing will change except the current shareholders will own shares in both companies. (That will change over time) I bet there will be some individuals that sit on boat boards

The companies will continue to be connected through what wyndham calls the “Blue Thread”. (Wyndham rewards points)

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those who do not know how Wyndham defines the "Blue Thread" the following article (somewhat dated) should give a pretty good description.

https://skift.com/2017/04/27/wyndham-is-finally-harnessing-its-global-scale-via-loyalty/

One quote from the article is particularly interesting "Work on implementing this “blue thread” has already begun. In October, Wyndham Rewards expanded its program to allow members to redeem their points at the company’s portfolio of more than 25,000 vacation rentals and timeshares." The date of the article was Apr 27, 2017 1:00 am.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Loyalty programs are marketing gimmicks designed to lock you in as a customer. And from what I understand Wyndham Hotel Group is really good at that. Now by making it possible for a regular hotel customer to redeem their loyalty points at a timeshare Wyndham will expose a whole new group of potential buyers to timeshares.

Bottom line, wyndhan will sell timeshares to their regular hotel guests and availability for reservations by the timeshare owners will be reduced

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Most likely, the high demand reservations would be impacted the most. If there are any Wyndham Rewards people out there that have been to a Wyndham Club Plus/Access resort that went to a sales presentation? If so, please share what the sales pitch was. Thanks.

Last edited:

bobbyoc23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Grand Desert
Attitash Mountain Village
Bottom line, wyndhan will sell timeshares to their regular hotel guests and availability for reservations by the timeshare owners will be reduced

Inventory for these reservations would have to come from points that Wyndham owns, right? So wouldn’t this compete with Extra Holidays and not timeshare owners? Or maybe that’s wishful thinking....

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Presumably Wyndham owned or controlled points/units/reservations. Remember, Wyndham and its various programs/units can get points/units/reservations from a various sources. The ability to book a reservation through Wyndham Rewards presumably competes with all other sources for reservations.

tduane

Reaction score
I rescinded my contract and it is canceled. But when I did purchase I received a blue thread initiative because of all my hotel stays my name popped up.
I ended up with the offer of 400,000 bonus points and 154000 annual points (at the wyndham at the wilderness in the smokies of TN) with RCI membership, silver and they supposedly used my hotel points and it was $17,000 for my purchase. They also said I would be able to use my points at their hotels and because of thread I could redeem my points in their European divisions. Also I could book 13 months out because I was blue thread, and i would have first dibs on last minute reservations.
I'm sure none of this was 100% true but I rescinded and just bought club wyndham access resale which I'm in the process of.
But just wanted to share my blue thread experience.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Just called a VC they just transferred me to sales and did not answer the questions pertaining to 13 month ARP at the resorts and "dibs" on last minute reservations with the blue thread initiative.

Last edited:

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think this one goes into the probably not true bin. Just called Wyndham back, they would not transfer me to Owner Care. They would only send me to the resort for the answer to my questions.

tduane

Reaction score
Sneaky sales people. Glad I listened to everyone and did resale

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I think this one goes into the probably not true bin. Just called Wyndham back, they would not transfer me to Owner Care. They would only send me to the resort for the answer to my questions.

Avisio - can you give me some insight on what your process is when you call Wyndham? Before this post I always assumed you had a solid contact at Wyndham that had more insight than the rank and file level employees.

I have to imagine that on issues like this that are "off-script" calling into Owner Care would result in a range of answers - some of which might be "how can I answer this and get them off the phone". How do you separate the "wheat from the chaff" so to speak?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Avisio - can you give me some insight on what your process is when you call Wyndham? Before this post I always assumed you had a solid contact at Wyndham that had more insight than the rank and file level employees.

I have to imagine that on issues like this that are "off-script" calling into Owner Care would result in a range of answers - some of which might be "how can I answer this and get them off the phone". How do you separate the "wheat from the chaff" so to speak?
Amen!!!