• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Hawaii timeshare presentation

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just do what I did at Shell last year. If they ask you why you are there, just tell them that a friend of yours wants to sell you one, and you wanted to compare prices. I was out in 15 minutes.

I will have to remember that one. Thats good.

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I'm at Kauai Beach Villas now, which I own. The current offer for owner updates is a $125 Amex gift card and a $50 dining card. I'm still debating about going since I can use the cash and figure when I tell them I paid $3 for my unit, I can leave early.

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I decided to attend the update since I was going to the north shore anyway and the cash was enticing.

The printout the sales lady had shows that I bought my Pahio week from the developer for $8,000. When I mentioned I paid $3 on ebay, she was amazed and seemed genuinely happy for me. Based on that, she revised the offer for converting to points to the minimum required. When I told her I wasn't going to make that decision today, she did not pressure me. Of course, someone else did an exit survey. In the course of our conversation, I mentioned my bargain price. He offered me the usual vacation package to lock in today's prices and didn't pressure me when I turned it down. Total meeting time: 1 hour, including a tour of the model unit to show how Pahio units will be upgraded.

The only hitch was when I met with someone else to get my gifts. That lady offered $175 in restaurant certificates. When I told her what I had been offered to attend, she had to go talk with someone else. But she gave me the original offer, except I got cash instead of the Amex gift card, which is even better.

Last edited:

cgeidl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndom in 90 minutes

We went a couple years ago for the 90 minutes promised. We told them upfront we were there to buy if there week was $1250 or less because that is what we paid for each of our Hawaii weeks. We alos sail we were expecting them to honor the time frame and we would leave after 90 minuted which we proceeded to do. They said if we left we would lose our free gift and we said so long. I called the manager and said I wished to have them make good on their promise before I called the Hawaii Real estate dept.He brought us our gift soon after to the TS we were staying at with an apology.Not genuine of course.The people there were as rude as any we have met at any sales meeting and I told them so.

sheryl lynn

Reaction score
Presentation

My husband and I passed one of those guys on the street that has a kiosk with deals. So we stop because I wanted the Sunset cruise. he made us a real good deal $20.00 each and all we had to do was go to this tall building and as he explained it to look at a facebook page about this deal. We go the next day greeted by a nice lady, listen to the guy talk which was not on facebook but in person and at the beginning of his schmoo, he said this is not for everybody that comes to listen and they expected that. Well after the presentation we decided we were not going to do it. Was not for us we do not travel that much. So the lady calls over another guy to try to sell it to us , we had enough and walked out. We got our cruise but did not go get our free breakfast that was also offered. The guy was rude and saying that this is how he puts food on the table for his kids. next year I will know better and stay away from that garbage.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
Over the years we've decided our vacation time is worth much more than what we might save by doing a presentation. And lately they haven't been able to offer anything we're really interested in.

No developer has ever offered anything that was worth that much time out of my vacation. By the time all is said and done, it's three-to-five hours. Let's say you actually get out of there in two hours.

$100 divided by two people and two hours is only $25 per hour. And every minute longer (waiting in the lobby, the drive there and back, if applicable, and the rest) nicks into that further.

My time on a normal day is worth more than $25 per hour. And on a vacation day, that rate quintuples. Give me something worth my time or get out of my face. We were offered a tour at our recent Maui trip. You should have seen the look on the "concierge's" face when I told her I'd rather drink bleach than attend a timeshare presentation.

kwindham

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just do what I did at Shell last year. If they ask you why you are there, just tell them that a friend of yours wants to sell you one, and you wanted to compare prices. I was out in 15 minutes.

:rofl::hysterical::rofl::hysterical::rofl:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I decided to attend the update since I was going to the north shore anyway and the cash was enticing.

The printout the sales lady had shows that I bought my Pahio week from the developer for $8,000. When I mentioned I paid $3 on ebay, she was amazed and seemed genuinely happy for me. Based on that, she revised the offer for converting to points to the minimum required. When I told her I wasn't going to make that decision today, she did not pressure me. Of course, someone else did an exit survey. In the course of our conversation, I mentioned my bargain price. He offered me the usual vacation package to lock in today's prices and didn't pressure me when I turned it down. Total meeting time: 1 hour, including a tour of the model unit to show how Pahio units will be upgraded.

The only hitch was when I met with someone else to get my gifts. That lady offered $175 in restaurant certificates. When I told her what I had been offered to attend, she had to go talk with someone else. But she gave me the original offer, except I got cash instead of the Amex gift card, which is even better.

Thanks for posting this. It confirms what a salesman there told me, and that is: The computer system where they track resale vs retail purchases is often wrong for the Pahio resorts.

He also told me that Wyndham is working hard to correct these entries

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
He also told me that Wyndham is working hard to correct these entries

If they use the same diligence they did in "working hard" to fix our incorrectly recorded (only on the Wyndham side) owner information then it will be 10+ years and a minimum of 12 individual "we'll take care of that immediately's", followed by a threatening letter from an attorney to actually get it done. Their idea of working hard seems to be different than most companies at least if the end result is actually fixing the problem.