• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham El CID affiliate resort. Did El CID cancel your contracts?

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
On Saturday I had 7 of my 10 contracts cancelled. Today I spoke to customer care and John just could not figure out why. He did read some notes put on my account by the VC I spoke to first Deb she finally transferred me to John.
The notes say EL CID cancelled the contracts. These contracts have not expired, nor are they delinquent in any manner. John has opened a ticket on this to see what information can be found out.
If this is the case and El CID did cancel the contract has anyone else had this happen to your account? And if this is the case why do I still have one El CID contract left.
If you don't want everyone to know your business please PM me. 2 of me EL CID contract were actually bought from the developer not resale. These contracts were in the 7 that were cancelled.
I'm waiting for Wyndham to do their investigation. Everyday I can't book anything without borrowing points or renting points and also paying a transaction fee is costing me 28.70 in maintenance fees.
I suppose I'll end up having to contact ECVC which is the EL CID VACATION CLUB. This is what El CID started selling around 2005 I believe.
If you know anything please share with me.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had some el cid contracts but I never understood them beyond knowing that the points counted toward vip. And I know they expire

My first thought was that they had expired, but then I read what you said.

You.should have your El Cid certificates as evidence of your ownership. I’d dig them out

Worker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have 1 El Cid Contract with 200,000 point that I bought directly from developer. I have already used all points for this year and next.
I don't know if it is cancelled. Do I need to call a VC. Or is it indicated on website?

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron I do have all the documentation, but as far as digging it out that will have to wait. I'm on a motorcycle trip from Nebraska to Alaska(catchy huh) I won't be home until mid August. I remember you did some El CID contract business so thanks for the reply.

Worker on the website go to the ownership tab and that is the area the gives you all the information on your contracts and what points you have for the next few years.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best of luck. I had a bunch as they were cheap mfs and counted towards VIP.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Am1 I remember you did have a bunch. Mine are the same deal. I did get an rerun email from Wyndham telling me that my contracts expired July 2019. Yes I believe that is possible for my first purchase of 244,000 points. The other 5 contracts which have different contract numbers do not expire on July of 2019.
I bought a 300,000 pts contract that only dropped into my account April 27 the expiration date is 2023 because I'm not an idiot and I did my due diligence. As I did with all my contract purchases. When your paying 890.00 a MONTH for maintenance fees you tend to those details. Of course this one was cancelled right along with the rest of them.
I called EL CID a few minutes ago of course using the number Wyndham gave me. OMG of course English was not the reps first language. He could find nothing and what he did find did not have my name in it. He told me his Supervisor will call me tomorrow. I told him I was on a motorcycle trip, but of course he just kept saying yessss she will call you tomorrow.
This might be a job for Michael Brown or Jeff Zorovich. I know I'm nobody, but I am in my mind. I only want what I have been paying Wyndham not EL CID for the 20 years.
Thanks everyone for reading my rant and if anyone has any other suggestions please give them to me.