• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Annual Meeting

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone else going to Owners meeting in Las Vegas on 10/4? This will be my first time attending. Already received my confirmation. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I plan to be there (I have my confirmation and staying at the Grand Desert). I've only been to one (Orlando last year).

SmileLynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai, KBV, & Ka Eo Kai
We have our confirmation and staying at the Grand Desert as well. Last year in Orlando was our first meeting too. In fact, I met Sandi Bo during one of the executive round tables and later we watched fireworks from the balcony along with a couple other tuggers.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
We are going too and also staying at Grand Desert.

erniecrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Desert Blue
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Smugglers Notch
Hilton Las Vegas
My wife and I are going staying at he Desert Blue. I have been to everyone for the last 14 or 15 years. They used to be a lot more fun than they have been lately.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I am going to. It will be my first. Staying at desert blue. Could have booked Grand Desert but Desert Blue is newer and quieter.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've stayed at Desert Blue when it first opened. Too far away from the strip for us. We like to walk to most places. It was a gorgeous resort.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I've stayed at Desert Blue when it first opened. Too far away from the strip for us. We like to walk to most places. It was a gorgeous resort.

Every time we've gone to Vegas since Desert Blue opened we've talked about staying there but always end up deciding to stay at Grand Desert because it is an easy walk to the Strip.

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
I will be staying at the Grand Desert. Is there a place where a small group of us can get together and discuss what we hope to get out of the meeting? Also, what strategies do you use to get the most out of the meeting? I was at last year's meeting and also watch the fireworks with Sandi Bo and others.

Jim.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm in Vegas the week after. Oh well. It would have been interesting to attend one.

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Desert Blue when it first opened. Too far away from the strip for us.

always end up deciding to stay at Grand Desert because it is an easy walk to the Strip

I've stayed at Desert Blue a few times - and I guess I take a small exception to this conclusion.

It is true that the walk from DB to the strip is kinda boring, since it goes under the main freeway (I-15).

But the distances are really about the same - just under a mile to the closest spots (see Maps links below).
So maybe it depends on *where* on the Strip you are usually headed. Also DB is just across a (huge)
parking lot from the Rio - so a great place to stay if you're seeing Penn&Teller. And I think DB has a
shuttle to Harrahs and such - but I don't remember how often it runs.

https://goo.gl/maps/zbbSYyQUPjn (DB to Strip)

https://goo.gl/maps/bh6iiRATxUA2 (GD to Strip)

I hope everyone going enjoys or at least learns from the meeting - please post reports here, tnx!

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I'd be interested in any news on any planned or upcoming resorts. Especially Wyndham/Worldmark dual resorts.

Wish they would have made Marble falls a dual resort.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested in any news on any planned or upcoming resorts. Especially Wyndham/Worldmark dual resorts.

Wish they would have made Marble falls a dual resort.
We were there 2 years ago. It's close to LBJ's ranch. But not much more.

Sent from my LGLK430 using Tapatalk

CCdad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I will be staying at the Grand Desert. Is there a place where a small group of us can get together and discuss what we hope to get out of the meeting? Also, what strategies do you use to get the most out of the meeting? I was at last year's meeting and also watch the fireworks with Sandi Bo and others.

Jim.

We can't make it to the meeting, but you can try to meet up in the third floor computer room in Tower 2. Or the Tower 1 open seating area near the resort's souvenir / grocery store and short order grill.

On Thursday they usually have a wine and cheese social event in the 15th floor 4Br Presidential show unit (#1574?) in the late afternoon.

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
We can't make it to the meeting, but you can try to meet up in the third floor computer room in Tower 2. Or the Tower 1 open seating area near the resort's souvenir / grocery store and short order grill.

On Thursday they usually have a wine and cheese social event in the 15th floor 4Br Presidential show unit (#1574?) in the late afternoon.
Gee, let's see.
1) a 3rd floor computer room in Tower 2
2) a seating area near the resort's souvenir/grocery store
3) a Thursday wine and cheese social (probably filled with sales persons).
How's a person to decide?

Let the war game begin. I'll be heading to the 15th floor.
If that falls through, I would try the seating area near the souvenir store. If someone wants to demonstrate one of the many flaws in the web site, we can move on to the computer room.

Jim

Reaction score
My family and extended family are all Wyndham owners. None of us received the owners meeting notice. I did see it here, but it was already sold out when I noticed the post and then called. I booked a 1br for Oct 5/6 on Aug 7. This morning I saw a Lockoff available for these dates. I checked and my 1br was NOT upgraded. Just to see, I booked 8 Lockoff units for that weekend. As I am not able to attend the owners meeting to voice my opinion, I ask that those of you going to the owners meeting please use this as another example of auto upgrading NOT working. I will cancel the original 1br and the extra LO