• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham and RCI Transfer

Daddyaus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Fairfield Glade
Has anyone got some good examples of Wyndham Points to RCI transfers?

Like how many points did you use and what place did you get for them through RCI?

I am trying to assess the benefit of RCI membership but having difficulty working out what you actually get for your points in real terms. Ie. 77000 Wyndham points for 1 RCI week doesn't provide much clarity for me?

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since no one can get into the system, you will likely be stuck to searching existing threads in this forum. Yours is an oft-asked-and-answered question.

Do a search for "RCI exchange points chart" or some similar combination thereof in this Wyndham forum. This chart shows the standard points costs for the various unit sizes and seasons.

To give you an idea, I have stayed in the following during Prime/Red season:

2BR 165,000
2BR 205,000
3BR 300,000

As the difference in rate for the 2BR indicates, I've found that some areas/resorts will charge the full seasonal rate, while others book one notch down. I have a feeling that resorts sometimes reserve the full rate for the really high demand periods of Red season, while dropping to the lower tier for the rest of the same season.

You won't really know which rate schedule is in play until you get into the Wyndham-RCI portal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am trying to assess the benefit of RCI membership but having difficulty working out what you actually get for your points in real terms. Ie. 77000 Wyndham points for 1 RCI week doesn't provide much clarity for me?
You get RCI membership included with your Wyndham ownership; you cannot opt out.

I've been to Lake Tahoe, Glacier National Park, the Berkshire Mountains (Massachusetts) and Hilton Head, all on RCI exchanges. I could have gone to Las Vegas or Orlando pretty easily, if I wanted to. Interestingly, one can sometime book back into a Club Wyndham resort with RCI points (I got a Smoky Mountains exchange this way.)

Planning, flexibility, and understanding when inventory gets deposited into RCI will help you maximize its benefit. That said, the most cost effective use of Club Wyndham points is in the Club Wyndham system. RCI is usually only a "last resort" for my expiring points.

Daddyaus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Fairfield Glade
Thanks for your help. I'm obviously just finding my way around this exchange stuff but I'm trying to understand (for example), RCI directory lists Disney Saratoga Springs and its Red Week year round, so how many points would in need then to book a week there? ;)

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I'm obviously just finding my way around this exchange stuff but I'm trying to understand (for example), RCI directory lists Disney Saratoga Springs and its Red Week year round, so how many points would in need then to book a week there? ;)

Find the chart, and the "worst case" scenario would have the top tier cost.

I'm guessing 205k/300k for the 2 and 3 BR, respectively. Unsure about the 1BR. From what I've heard, 2BR are rare and 3BR are impossible. Most of the DVC stuff has supposedly been mostly 1BR.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert

The seasons listed in the RCI directory, e.g. DVC listed as red season all year round, bears no relationship to the seasons that are applied to the points requirements in the Wyndham/RCI portal. My experience with DVC (since you mentioned it here and in another thread) is that most weeks are high (105k 1BR) with a handful of prime (126k 1BR) and value (77k 1BR), and few if any quiet (63k 1BR). But the only way to know what the points requirements really are to check the actual points listed in the RCI portal. If the resort you want doesn't have any units currently available, another available resort in the same immediate area will show you the points you need.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Has anyone got some good examples of Wyndham Points to RCI transfers?

Like how many points did you use and what place did you get for them through RCI?

I think this ties into your other question. Point values in RCI are fixed by the season and week. For a 1BR value season it is 77000 pts for every resort. Both for the high end resort in Hawaii and the 1BR in my moms basement. Location and quality are not reflected in RCI point values.

Last edited: