• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WYN 2018 Owners Meeting

erniecrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Desert Blue
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Smugglers Notch
Hilton Las Vegas
It would be respectful if they would let us know one way or the other. Do they have a fiduciary responsibility?

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure which legal groups would have the fiduciary responsibility. Did not spend much time on it, but a quick google search for the names of the trust board members and see if they have any current Wyndham Destinations Board connections. No luck on the quick attempt.

Last edited:

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Silverdollar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any news on when the 2018 owners meeting might be?
I asked my Wyn VP contact and he replied today saying the meeting will be in October, but details are still being finalized. He said more information will be on the Club Wyndham website on August 2nd and owners could register at that time.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I asked my Wyn VP contact and he replied today saying the meeting will be in October, but details are still being finalized. He said more information will be on the Club Wyndham website on August 2nd and owners could register at that time.

How did you get a VP contact? Is that available for others?

Thanks,
Wes

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It would be respectful if they would let us know one way or the other. Do they have a fiduciary responsibility?

They probably do, at least an ethical one. But I do not believe that rises to a high level of concern when the decision makers at Wyndham gather to make their seeming arbitrary and random decisions.

Silverdollar

TUG Member
Reaction score
How did you get a VP contact? Is that available for others?

Thanks,
Wes
Early last year (2017), I wrote the VP to express my displeasure with the large increase in CWA MFs. (8.9% increase in 2017). Since that time, I have written him several times about various issues, especially related to the new website. He has been gracious to reply to each one. Sometimes he could answer it himself, while at other times he had to ask others. But he always got back to me.

I gave his name and contact information in another thread here on Tug. Looking back, it probably was not a wise thing to do. If he got bombarded with nasty emails, he could easily "shut down" and refuse to answer anyone. Fortunately, he has not shut me out and seems to be willing to listen and address my concerns. Like many in this forum, I am very frustrated about the website and other issues that have been frequently raised by others here. From my perspective, the changes are coming much too slowly. With that said, I believe I MAY have "his ear" to express our concerns and MAYBE get something done. Only time will tell.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
There was a guy on the one of the Wyndham Facebook groups saying it will be a October 4th in Vegas. No location was provided. Take it with a grain of salt of course. I’m using one of my unlimited reservation transactions to book a room or two Desert blue.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Early last year (2017), I wrote the VP to express my displeasure with the large increase in CWA MFs. (8.9% increase in 2017). Since that time, I have written him several times about various issues, especially related to the new website. He has been gracious to reply to each one. Sometimes he could answer it himself, while at other times he had to ask others. But he always got back to me.

I gave his name and contact information in another thread here on Tug. Looking back, it probably was not a wise thing to do. If he got bombarded with nasty emails, he could easily "shut down" and refuse to answer anyone. Fortunately, he has not shut me out and seems to be willing to listen and address my concerns. Like many in this forum, I am very frustrated about the website and other issues that have been frequently raised by others here. From my perspective, the changes are coming much too slowly. With that said, I believe I MAY have "his ear" to express our concerns and MAYBE get something done. Only time will tell.

The automatic upgrades system seems to work for some and not others. I’m not talking about people who are expecting to be upgraded from a studio to a four bedroom presidential. Im referring to people who booked one bedroom deluxe and see two bed deluxes available. When they rebook, it allows them to upgrade to said two bed deluxe. It might be a problem with certain resorts, and not a system wide thing, but it would be nice if they could but more priority on fixing it. Obviously the sales people could use some training on ethics, but I’m guessing since some resorts have pushy sales guys, while others do not, the problem is at the local level. Still, Wyndham is responsible for all the sales people. They should be required to be audio taped. That might be a losing battle though. When you look at the Facebook groups, whenever someone asks what the best things about Wyndham are, there are always people who complain about the sales people. They are a big problem and a black mark in the Wyndham product. Anyhoo, maybe they can improve some of the VIP benefits? Those are what I would ask you to bring to the VP. Probably already heard this before though.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark

Did he have a response as to why CWA jumped up so much.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was a guy on the one of the Wyndham Facebook groups saying it will be a October 4th in Vegas. No location was provided. Take it with a grain of salt of course. I’m using one of my unlimited reservation transactions to book a room or two Desert blue.

Wyndham Destinations advises that the Owner Meeting in question is for Desert Blue and not the Fairfield/Wyndham Owner Meeting. They also indicated that a few Directors would be attending the meeting.

Last edited:

Silverdollar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did he have a response as to why CWA jumped up so much.
He referred to it as "a perfect storm", where several things came together all at one time to cause CWA fees to jump up so much in 2017. He didn't say specifically what those things were. He just said that he didn't see it happening again. This was the case in 2018 when the increase was only about 2%. Hopefully, this will be the pattern going forward.

Silverdollar

TUG Member
Reaction score
The automatic upgrades system seems to work for some and not others. I’m not talking about people who are expecting to be upgraded from a studio to a four bedroom presidential. Im referring to people who booked one bedroom deluxe and see two bed deluxes available. When they rebook, it allows them to upgrade to said two bed deluxe. It might be a problem with certain resorts, and not a system wide thing, but it would be nice if they could but more priority on fixing it. Obviously the sales people could use some training on ethics, but I’m guessing since some resorts have pushy sales guys, while others do not, the problem is at the local level. Still, Wyndham is responsible for all the sales people. They should be required to be audio taped. That might be a losing battle though. When you look at the Facebook groups, whenever someone asks what the best things about Wyndham are, there are always people who complain about the sales people. They are a big problem and a black mark in the Wyndham product. Anyhoo, maybe they can improve some of the VIP benefits? Those are what I would ask you to bring to the VP. Probably already heard this before though.
Additionally, I would like to see the "new" website bring back the "first available" feature like we had on the previous website. For those who are new to Wyndham, they don't realize that with one touch of a button, we could immediately bring up first available open dates at every Wyndham resort. You didn't have to laboriously scroll through one resort at a time, searching month after month of "no availability", until you eventually found something, like you do now. Previously, you could search in seconds, what it now takes literally hours. Think about it. With one click of a button you could see every first available date at every resort. But, now you have to search the resorts one at a time and eventually find your own first available date. Previously, you could even enter the specific # of days and # bedrooms you wanted and it would immediately bring up every resort in the system that matched that criterion. Long-term members, is what I've said correct?

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
He referred to it as "a perfect storm", where several things came together all at one time to cause CWA fees to jump up so much in 2017. He didn't say specifically what those things were. He just said that he didn't see it happening again. This was the case in 2018 when the increase was only about 2%. Hopefully, this will be the pattern going forward.

I’m thinking a big part of it was the tax assessment placed on Orlando properties. It appears the assessor applied “Wyndham value” to the factional Ownership as a whole as opposed to applying resale value to the buildings. Not sure how the assessor pulled that off, but it happened. And we got stuck paying the bill. Would expect other municipalities to follow suit.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I’m thinking a big part of it was the tax assessment placed on Orlando properties. It appears the assessor applied “Wyndham value” to the factional Ownership as a whole as opposed to applying resale value to the buildings. Not sure how the assessor pulled that off, but it happened. And we got stuck paying the bill. Would expect other municipalities to follow suit.

Mental note. Avoid Florida properties.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I thought today was the day they were going to announce the date and location for this year's owners meeting. Just called when I didn't see anything on the website and the person I spoke to said there is still nothing announced about it.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I thought today was the day they were going to announce the date and location for this year's owners meeting. Just called when I didn't see anything on the website and the person I spoke to said there is still nothing announced about it.

Just a bit longer....

Silverdollar

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just sent an email to my Wyn VP contact since he is the one who said the announcement would be on the website on Aug 2nd. Let’s see what he has to say.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

Sandi Bo

TUG Member