• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WYN 2018 Owners Meeting

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Has anyone heard when it will be?

I asked Owner Care a week or two ago and they said it wasn't being announced yet because so many people want to go and there are only limited seats.

They said to watch my email.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just messaging another member about that. Haven’t seen anything myself.

I can guess why there many want to attend - no other way to have complaints heard.

One year in and it’s a disaster with the new website.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a replay of what some Wyndham Reps told me last year. I suspect it is going to come down to by invitation from Wyndham. For what it is worth, Bonnet Creek will not spill the beans either.

GT1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I went for several years in a row. Last year it caught me by surprise because instead of holding it in May like it had always been, they switched to August, if I'm not mistaken. If it is by invitation only, that is another change, wonder if that's "allowed" under the Trust rules?

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I suspect it is going to come down to by invitation from Wyndham.
The annual meeting has always been by invitation only, and every owner is invited. The first few thousand who RSVP receive confirmation.

If any owner shows up at the meeting and can prove they are an owner, I do not think the owner could or would be turned away.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
With all the planning and organizing that goes into an event of that size it seems very strange that Wyndham wouldn't have a date and venue by now.

On Monday evening I called for help with a reservation that wasn't upgrading correctly online. I read the posts here on TUG and even though I shouldn't have been I was still surprised that it was a total waste of time. We've been traveling a lot lately and I haven't been on the Wyndham website hardly at all so got first hand experience of just how much more the upgrades are messed up and that the reps can do nothing. Normally as presidential reserve owners I'm offered the option of upgrading to a deluxe unit or a presidential reserve unit if one is available. Why in the world would a one bedroom deluxe only upgrade to a four bedroom presidential, not a presidential reserve unit mind you, when there was a two bedroom deluxe available? I could upgrade the one bedroom deluxe to the four bedroom presidential, again not presidential reserve, but if I wanted the two bedroom deluxe, which I did, I had to use the extra points to book it and couldn't get the upgrade from the one bedroom deluxe for it. How screwed up is that? Anyhow while I had them on the phone I told her I hadn't been on the website much for the past month and asked if I missed an announcement about the annual meeting. She said she hadn't seen anything but checked to make sure she hadn't missed something. Nope, nothing yet.

After seeing the Wyndham execs sweat when faced with a less than friendly crowd in the general meeting and sound incompetent in the question and answer sessions I'm sure they are all looking forward to being on the firing line this year. I wonder if the CEO will show up this year? Even if it was unavoidable that he missed his first annual owners meeting as CEO it still didn't look good. He only had maybe six months as CEO before last year's meeting but isn't the new guy still finding his feet by now. He is the person who ultimately gets held accountable for well, everything. But he still has a board of directors he answers to and who have the power to remove him if they don't like him pushing too hard to change things. Plus he is stuck working with the execs and likely some of the board too who come from sales background. Sales has been the driving force behind the decisions and they don't want to change anything that takes money or power away from sales. I wonder if the past year has taught them anything? That their much loved business model and practices of the past are likely to bring the company down if they don't wise up. Companies that cling to outmoded business models and practices generally don't fare well. Often the people in charge cannot think outside the box even when their ship is slowly sinking, sometimes irretrievably. When they finally bring in someone to fix things that new person has their hands full and on top of that usually has to fight the powers that be and the execs tooth and nail to get them to see past what they've always done. It still boggles my mind that the ONE AND ONLY carrot they have ever truly had to get people to buy developer is the VIP benefits. And what have they done every few years but whittle away more and more of those VIP benefits to curtail the mega renters. Btw those mega renters would never have existed in the first place if Wyndham had enforced their own rules. And that would have actually been extremely simple to do; so why didn't they?

If the CEO does show up at the annual owners meeting it will likely be very briefly and he will be well insulated by the other execs so he doesn't have to take the heat or be put on the spot. As CEO I'm sure he knows full well that failing to appear a second year is a further admission of Wyndham's failure. And hiding behind his subordinates leaving them to deal with the fallout will make him seem ineffective and cowardly to us but when he doesn't have the answers and/or dates by which certain things will be accomplished what is the point? Talk about a no win situation for him! Wouldn't it be wonderful if the delay in having the meeting is to buy time so he could stand up in front of us and honestly announce something more than we hear you, appreciate your patience and are working hard to fix things.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
The annual meeting has always been by invitation only, and every owner is invited. The first few thousand who RSVP receive confirmation.

If any owner shows up at the meeting and can prove they are an owner, I do not think the owner could or would be turned away.

I know one owner that had a comfirmed invitation that was told not to come last year. I have no doubt that if I showed up I would have been turned away

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I know one owner that had a comfirmed invitation that was told not to come last year. I have no doubt that if I showed up I would have been turned away

Wouldn't that be grounds for legal action?

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last year I was not on the 1st go of e-mail invites. Got the info from someone who was posting the info on TUG. That tiped me off to call and got the Reservation. Ran into the policy that calls can no longer be escalated above owner care. Their final position is the information is not secret but they would not give it to me.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't that be grounds for legal action?

Wyndham and I were in the process of ending our relationship. I was technically an owner but we had an agreement to bring that to an end. I didn’t belong there

My point is that Wyndham dosent want troublemakers at the meeting. It is possible to meet individual executives there. If you want to make a case you have a better chance of making it in a private session than from the floor

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Wyndham and I were in the process of ending our relationship. I was technically an owner but we had an agreement to bring that to an end. I didn’t belong there

My point is that Wyndham dosent want troublemakers at the meeting. It is possible to meet individual executives there. If you want to make a case you have a better chance of making it in a private session than from the floor

Understand - thanks for sharing. I'm glad you're still around here though!

bobbyoc23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Grand Desert
Attitash Mountain Village
I know one owner that had a comfirmed invitation that was told not to come last year.

Was this owner also in the process of ending their relationship with Wyndham? Or were you referring to yourself?

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Ran into the policy that calls can no longer be escalated above owner care. Their final position is the information is not secret but they would not give it to me.

I do not even understand what this means.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not even understand what this means.
What it means is that the information that Robert presents here as gospel is what the minimum wage call center employees feed him

This might be a good time to repeat the advice I’ve given here in the past and that is. If you don’t get the answer you want when you talk to a call center employee.hang up and call again. The next guy you get may tell you what you want to hear

Silverdollar

TUG Member
Reaction score
To all Tuggers, if you were provided an open mic at the WYN 2018 Owners Meeting what would you like to communicate to execs that you think would help to improve your ownership and make you a strong(er) supporter of the WYN product? Or, what are the issues that frustrate you about WYN, that if corrected could make for a much better experience?

Silverdollar

TUG Member
Reaction score
To all Tuggers, if you were provided an open mic at the WYN 2018 Owners Meeting what would you like to communicate to execs that you think would help to improve your ownership and make you a strong(er) supporter of the WYN product? Or, what are the issues that frustrate you about WYN, that if corrected could make for a much better experience?
I'll start. My biggest pet peeve is the "owner updates" at each resort. I don't know any other way to say it than that I've been lied to more times than I can count. Wyndham needs to raise the standard of what it will allow by its sales reps and hold them accountable to the highest level of honesty and integrity.

I believe I would actually enjoy the owner updates if I could go and learn the most updated information about Wyndham without having to be lied to and pressured to make a purchase. Granted, some resorts are better than others, but it needs to be consistent "across the board". Personally, I dread the check-in process because of the ordeal you have to go through when refusing to attend the owner update.

GT1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hate to throw a wet blanket on things, but as one who has attended quite a few meetings, the time alloted for owners to speak gets shortened every time. I didn't attend last year's because of the switch they pulled on dates (from May to August) and last minute, barely making an announcement. They wine and dine the owners, but a chance for you to speak at a mic is minimal. Now at the last one I attended, and Ron was present there, they did have some smaller meetings, away from the whole group, where some info was good and you were speaking to several department heads, plus there was some one on one opportunity and that was nice. However, the info that one of those heads gave me was also wrong :wall: so what to do? We are in many ways at their mercy:shrug: when it comes to changes and improvements from a member stance.

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden

I would like to know what the decision process is for the next destination for cancelled reservations.

For example, what is the first thing that the web site program evaluates, for example days to checkin, less than 15, 15-30, 30-60, greater than 60, etc? Then how does it determine if Wyndham should confiscate the reservation availability for its own use, or can it go back into the owners’ available pool, and if so, when?

The IT people who programmed this web site must have a flow chart showing the decision making process. I believe as owners, we should have the right to see and have access to this decision tree.

So my related questions are, “Is the decision process for the destination of cancelled reservations available to me, an owner? If “no”, why not? If “yes”, where can I gain access to it?”

Jim

erniecrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Desert Blue
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Smugglers Notch
Hilton Las Vegas

I asked Owner Care a week or two ago and they said it wasn't being announced yet because so many people want to go and there are only limited seats.

Any news on when the 2018 owners meeting might be?

erniecrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Desert Blue
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Smugglers Notch
Hilton Las Vegas

Here it is July 8th and still no word on when it will be, so much for planning.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
With all of the changes with the former Wyndham Worldwide, I am beginning to wonder if there will be a Owner's meeting in the way it has been done in the past.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
They certainly are running out of lead time to notify owners with reasonable notice. Last year they announced the date in January and opened registration in May for the August meeting.