• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Worldmark through RCI

Riragch

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m in the west coast and have been thinking of worldmark resorts nearby. We got a HGVC resale because hubby wanted it for our annual vacations. But I’d love to be able to book some close by trips for a weekend gateway so I’m thinking of exchanges through RCI.

Question - how easy/hard is it to get RCI exchanges into worldmark (lake chelan, Seaside, Leavenworth, Victoria) for a couple weekend days? Any strategies you recommend? We can travel outside of school schedules, can do shoulder season.

Thank you. - btw I’m still in escrow so can’t check RCI myself. I do see some last call type things through TripBeat which my employer offers which seem to be like RCI last calls but those ar for birch bay during low season

Last edited:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Request/put in search as far in advance as possible. Make the Request as Broad as possible ie 7 days during the month of October 2019 and 1 bedroom or larger.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
To make things clear, you want to book a short stay weekend at these Worldmark resorts (lake chelan, Seaside, Leavenworth, Victoria), booking through RCI using your HGVC points.

Only weeks stays through RCI are available using an ongoing search. Short stays will not match on an ongoing search. None of those resorts have any dates available in RCI at this time for any dates in the next 2 years. Of the locations you have listed the only one I have ever searched for is Victoria, which I have never seen deposited in RCI.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
IMHO you would likely have more luck trying for an entire week. Worldmark does deposit weeks to settle member exchanges, but their strategy is to deposit the least popular resorts first - which is why you will see a lot of Clear Lake (CA), Birch Bay (WA), Grand Lake (OK), Pinetop (AZ), etc.

Riragch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got it. Looks like I should buy a worldmark package sometime next year to supplement the hgvc and get weekends closer to home. I’ve been reading here that worldmark does quite well with II so maybe I just need 6k points. Does II have better luck with worldmark?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Got it. Looks like I should buy a worldmark package sometime next year to supplement the hgvc and get weekends closer to home. I’ve been reading here that worldmark does quite well with II so maybe I just need 6k points. Does II have better luck with worldmark?
At the resorts you are looking for, you won't have any better luck with II. II doesn't have any shortstays at any worldmark resorts. While I might see 15 or so of the less popular Worldmark resorts at RCI at any giventime. It isn't unusual to see 0 Worldmark resorts in II at any given time.

Worldmark bulk deposits for their owners and they do not deposit resorts and time periods that owners are interested in. They deposit excess inventory at the less popular resorts. Even owning Worldmark, if you want weekends during nice weather periods at popular resorts, you will need to book as soon as you can after availability opens through Worldmark. With the exceptions of cancellations, I doubt nice weather shoulder season weekend even make it to Wyndham Club pass bookings which I think opens up at 9 months.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts

Buying a small 6k account via resale is good option if you envision a lot of off/shoulder season stays. WM is a little different than most systems, with plenty of cash booking options. And for 2-3 day stays, the fact that housekeeping is included in cash bookings can make the price close to using credits. And 2-3 times a year Wyndham offers special cash bookings that allow you to book 10 months out. I usually load up on short reservations when this happens, and save my credits for II flex exchanges (@ 4k credits) and week long stays at popular resorts.