• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WorldMark / St. George amenities charge.....

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
FYI: In a phone conversation with WorldMark / St. George today, I was told that reservations made on or after January 1, 2017 would have a $10 per day amenities charge added to them.

I have an upcoming stay here and I'll try and update this thread with some sort of review of the amenities this includes...

More to follow.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Curious: How are you booked? Was this an exchange? A rental? Direct WM owner booking on credits?

Thx!

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Hello Rhonda - Sorry, I should have noted that....
I reserved this week via Wyndham, through WorldMark. In other words, I found an area of the country we wanted to go, saw on Wyndham's website this resort was near Zion, called Wyndham, then was transferred over to WorldMark to find the week and complete the reservation. Not sure how that one would be scored but that was the path I used...

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
FYI: In a phone conversation with WorldMark / St. George today, I was told that reservations made on or after January 1, 2017 would have a $10 per day amenities charge added to them.

I have an upcoming stay here and I'll try and update this thread with some sort of review of the amenities this includes...

More to follow.

There has been a certain amount of uproar over more and more resorts charging Transient Occupancy Tax (which is old news to me because we are in Los Angeles and most of the CA resorts have charged TOT for years), but an amenities charge is something new, and not something I'd pay without grumbling.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
St George charges an 11.6% tax on cash rentals including the housekeeping fee. Looks like you booked through Club Pass. Did you pay a housekeeping fee? A 1 BR HK would be about right. There aren't that many amenities.

Sue

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Were you charged the amenities fee at the time of reservation, or is it collected at check-in?

I made a reservation in June for St. George and was not charged an "amenities" fee. It is a cash reservation, so I was charged the transient occupancy tax.

An "amenities fee" would be a first for WorldMark. No announcement has been made to WorldMark owners. The amenities at WM St. George consist of two swimming pools, a game room off one of the pools, a shuffle board court, and a horseshoe pit. 10$/day!? Something does not add up.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I am assuming (but we all know what the word assume does) that the $10 daily amenity () fee is because this Reservation was done through Club Pass and not as a Worldmark Member.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
St George charges an 11.6% tax on cash rentals including the housekeeping fee. Looks like you booked through Club Pass. Did you pay a housekeeping fee? A 1 BR HK would be about right. There aren't that many amenities.

Sue

I was NOT charged a housekeeping for for this reservation.
I do have VIP Gold status with Wyndham (which gets me unlimited housekeeping) but since this reservation was (eventually) through WorldMark, I am not sure if that matters.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am assuming (but we all know what the word assume does) that the $10 daily amenity () fee is because this Reservation was done through Club Pass and not as a Worldmark Member.

I will try and find out more during our upcoming stay, but the lady said reservations made on or after January 1, 2017 would be charged the $10 daily amenity fee. She did NOT mention if that charge was limited to (directed at) any certain reservation type - meaning I do not know if WorldMark members would be charged this fee. I will try and find out though...

vikingsholm

TUG Member
Reaction score
The TOT fees I don't mind.

I do very much mind these amenities fees, however. They are a money grab. Like what the airplanes are doing with all of their new fees and restrictions.

The units that you trade for are either assigned points or some other trading value based on the whole package that the resort offers, in my opinion. So that would include season, type of unit, rating and quality of the resort, resort amenities, etc. There should NOT be an extra fee for amenities, it has already been paid for as part of what you gave up in points or a weekly unit to trade. In addition, we rarely use any of the amenities. If there is a fee, at worst it should be optional and then you don't get a card to access locked off amenity areas if you don't want to pay the fee.

Resist!

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You'll get no argument from me on your points, Vikingsholm. If resorts do charge for amenities, it should prominently noted PRIOR to confirming a reservation. I have run into this one time previously (at a different resort) but the resort backed the charges off when I explained I was there for a weekend around a military graduation.

In the end, a resort that charges for amenities might NOT get my business over one that does not if all other things are equal.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Something does not sound right. I am not aware of any WM resort that has an amenity fee. Even for exchangers.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I'll be there Saturday for a week - Nothing on my confirmation about additional fees. So we will wait and see.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had never heard of any amenity fee at a WorldMark resort either. However, I checked on RCI, and was surprised to find that it might be true at St. George:
----------------------------------------
Urgent Information

• Construction Info
  • On-site construction or remodeling may disturb guests from May 8, 2017 to July 10, 2017.
    • This project will include new carpet, tile, lighting and furniture.
  • Policy Restrictions
  • No Pets. Please contact the resort directly regarding its ADA service animal policy.
  • No smoking in units: could result in forfeiture of the unit and/or other penalties.
  • General Urgent Information
  • Fees or deposits are charged for some amenities.
  • Smoking is not allowed in units.
  • Resort cannot honor unit upgrades or moves.
  • Occupancy limits are strictly enforced: could result in forfeiture of the unit and/or other penalties.
  • Confirmation is required upon check-in at the resort.
  • Security deposit required upon check-in at the resort.
  • Credit card imprint required upon check-in at the resort.
  • Other Information
  • CALL THE WORLDMARK CENTRAL OFFICE AT 800.457.0103 TO DISCUSS SPECIAL NEEDS.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I'm here at St. George now, checked in as an owner was not charged any fee

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I had never heard of any amenity fee at a WorldMark resort either. However, I checked on RCI, and was surprised to find that it might be true at St. George:
----------------------------------------
Urgent Information

• Construction Info
  • On-site construction or remodeling may disturb guests from May 8, 2017 to July 10, 2017.
    • This project will include new carpet, tile, lighting and furniture.
  • Policy Restrictions
  • No Pets. Please contact the resort directly regarding its ADA service animal policy.
  • No smoking in units: could result in forfeiture of the unit and/or other penalties.
  • General Urgent Information
  • Fees or deposits are charged for some amenities.
  • Smoking is not allowed in units.
  • Resort cannot honor unit upgrades or moves.
  • Occupancy limits are strictly enforced: could result in forfeiture of the unit and/or other penalties.
  • Confirmation is required upon check-in at the resort.
  • Security deposit required upon check-in at the resort.
  • Credit card imprint required upon check-in at the resort.
  • Other Information
  • CALL THE WORLDMARK CENTRAL OFFICE AT 800.457.0103 TO DISCUSS SPECIAL NEEDS.

Try to avoid building D there is road crew doing work the start every day at 6:30am and is quite noisy.

The only maintenance I see going on is main entrance, and rec center.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All,

Now that I am back from vacation and straightening out my notes, please be aware that I mixed up this resort (which was our first destination for our trip) with the second resort (Sedona Pines) in my notes.
WorldMark St. George is NOT the resort changing this policy for reservations made on or after January 1, 2017 (it is Sedona Pines).

My apologies for this error.

In the meantime, I did remember to bring back the info provided by the check in staff and I have scanned / attached it here for those who might find it helpful. Again, my apologies to all for the error in my recollection.

Attachments

• WorldMark St. George.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 584

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
WorldMark St. George is NOT the resort changing this policy for reservations made on or after January 1, 2017 (it is Sedona Pines).
Yeah! Thank you for clearing up this quandary. Your original post had me a wee bit worried! :)