• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WorldMark Myrtle Beach - Plantation Resort

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I was just checking the Worldmark website, and there is now a WM Myrtle Beach resort. It doesn't appear on the 2017 WorldMark by Wyndham Resort Directory, but it does appear in the Resort Gallery on the WM site. The link to the "Read what Owners are Saying" shows 9 Forum headers, all with a date of 2/13/2018, and none have any replies.

Is this a new WorldMark resort? Did WM owners know it was coming? Is there a back story on this location? it would tie in nicely for a trip we're planning for next year, and I'm very interested.

Dave

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just checking the Worldmark website, and there is now a WM Myrtle Beach resort. It doesn't appear on the 2017 WorldMark by Wyndham Resort Directory, but it does appear in the Resort Gallery on the WM site. The link to the "Read what Owners are Saying" shows 9 Forum headers, all with a date of 2/13/2018, and none have any replies.
WorldMark Plantation Beach is featured on the landing page for WorldMark

https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/

and detailed in the link

https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/resorts/pn/

Anyone, even non-owners, can access this information.

Is this a new WorldMark resort?

It is an existing Wyndham resort that is new to WorldMark. More and more of this has happened the last few years.

Is there a back story ...

If there is a back story, it is that Wyndham is introducing a limited number of units in Wyndham to WorldMark at various Club Wyndham resorts. It is likely the result of Ovation returns. It puts more dots on the map for WorldMark members, and they do not need Club Pass or a $99 exchange fee to access these "new" WorldMark resorts, so good for ALL WorldMark owners such as yourself who want to vacation East of the Mississippi.

It is the reverse of the ill-thought-out Wixon settlement 10 years ago for WorldMark members that surrendered 400+ WorldMark units to Club Wyndham for what reason who knows? WorldMark members are liking the new Eastern US locations and wishing they had access to the WorldMark units that were extracted 10 years ago.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/

and detailed in the link

https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/resorts/pn/

Anyone

It is an existing Wyndham resort that is new to WorldMark. More and more of this has happened the last few years.

ne, even non-owners, can access this information.

Thanks. I'm usually in a hurry to click the Log In link, and I've never stopped to read the front page.

After posting here, I went to the wmowners.com site, and found a Forum about "Future Resorts" or something like that. I read there about Myrtle Beach, and also about Portland.

If there is a back story, it is that Wyndham is introducing a limited number of units in Wyndham to WorldMark at various Club Wyndham resorts. It is likely the result of Ovation returns. It puts more dots on the map for WorldMark members, and they do not need Club Pass or a $99 exchange fee to access these "new" WorldMark resorts, so good for ALL WorldMark owners such as yourself who want to vacation East of the Mississippi.

It is the reverse of the ill-thought-out Wixon settlement 10 years ago for WorldMark members that surrendered 400+ WorldMark units to Club Wyndham for what reason who knows? WorldMark members are liking the new Eastern US locations and wishing they had access to the WorldMark units that were extracted 10 years ago.

That has to be frustrating for WM owners. Years ago, when I bought into a timeshare on Kauai that Wyndham managed, they raised the maintenance fees by 17% one year, to collect extra money for a swimming pool remodel that was planned. They dragged their feet, and eventually did a small remodel to the existing pool. but the money was funneled by Wyndham to another resort on the island, to pay for the remodel of their pool. I still don't know how that would be legal. Shenanigans, for sure.

Dave

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
That has to be frustrating for WM owners.
WorldMark members were frustrated by the Wixons and their sellout attorneys, not Wyndham. We owners would have been better off without the lawsuit. We did not get even a coupon for a free movie rental. The attorneys received $3 or $4 million dollars.

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
WorldMark members were frustrated by the Wixons and their sellout attorneys, not Wyndham. We owners would have been better off without the lawsuit. We did not get even a coupon for a free movie rental. The attorneys received $3 or $4 million dollars.

Wow! That’s bad.

Dave

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score

Except Plantation Resort is not a pre-existing Club Wyndham resort. Until recently it was an independent resort. Perhaps Wyndham took over some intervals there, but it has never been offered in the Wyndham system to date.

As of today, I can book WorldMark there but it doesn’t even appear on the Club Wyndham website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts

That’s a bit revisionist at best.

IsaiahB

Reaction score

Is this a new WorldMark resort? Did WM owners know it was coming? Is there a back story on this location? it would tie in nicely for a trip we're planning for next year, and I'm very interested.

Dave

This is a new WorldMark resort.

No, owners did not know it was coming. It showed up on the website early & was available on EH a few weeks before that (Which is typical, before units are turned over to the club).
Internally there was very very little noise about it - I only found out a few weeks ago.
Back story is that Wyndham Vacation Ownership took over sales for the property a few months ago (I want to say 6 months ago) as well as acquired some inventory, I would assume delinquent or association owned.

Regarding Wixon ... the criteria was low occupancy resorts.

For WorldMark Plantation, the club acquired intervals; at traditional credit values. This what is most important about this location to me.
Apparently the sales on site is Club Wyndham from a few accounts I've heard but I haven't verified that.