• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Worldmark Mgt Report - Highlights from Q2 report

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
The following are highlights from the Q2 Mgt Report that Wyndham makes to the WM BoD every quarter.

By end of 2019 – all WorldMark resorts should have upgraded WiFi

New Resorts
Moab resort construction - delivery Q4/2020 and new SoCal resort near Temecula (north of San Diego, East of LA):

upload_2019-6-19_23-44-16.png

upload_2019-6-19_23-45-18.png

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Boy Murrieta is a place I always wanted to stay. It is always on the top of the list when Members talk about new places for Resorts. We can hardly wait until it is open.

K2Quick

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the estimated delivery date of TBD becomes "Never mind. We were just seeing if anyone would buy that we were actually putting a timeshare in Murrieta." It's kind of telling that they have to put a map on the highlight page.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Arg. When I'd first heard the rumor of "near Temecula" my brain assumed "in the Temecula Wine Country" ... that is, southeast of Temecula. I'd figured, cool, I might even try a wine-country horse ride. My brain never guessed Murrieta. Yep, seems a strange choice ... but if the pools are good ... I'll visit in the hot months, mid-week, as a retreat.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
As noted elsewhere, these were the initial reactions to Indio.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
We have thought for years that Temecula would be a great place for a Worldmark. I guess Murrieta is close enough. We just spent our first full week in Pismo (we go for four days at a time several times a year since it is four hours away), and have the same week next year "because it was there". As we were leaving we commented that once we move to the Carlsbad CCRC there will be no reason to ever go to Pismo again as a destination since we will be living at the beach. But having a new resort in Murietta will be great to take a break from the Old Folks Home!

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
We have thought for years that Temecula would be a great place for a Worldmark. I guess Murrieta is close enough. We just spent our first full week in Pismo (we go for four days at a time several times a year since it is four hours away), and have the same week next year "because it was there". As we were leaving we commented that once we move to the Carlsbad CCRC there will be no reason to ever go to Pismo again as a destination since we will be living at the beach. But having a new resort in Murietta will be great to take a break from the Old Folks Home!

I have to say, the above made me think of this:

C_vh8aCV0AAJjhU.jpg

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
The following are highlights from the Q2 Mgt Report that Wyndham makes to the WM BoD every quarter.

By end of 2019 – all WorldMark resorts should have upgraded WiFi

New Resorts
Moab resort construction - delivery Q4/2020 and new SoCal resort near Temecula (north of San Diego, East of LA):

View attachment 12482

View attachment 12483

Amazing to me that Worldmark has plans for or recently completed new resorts where others like Marriott are selling off land and cutting back on long standing expansion plans.

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
My Dad and his wife lived in Murrieta for several years. The only thing I recall them mentioning about Murrieta is that the traffic was so bad that they could only leave the house for errands and such mid day. We experienced that as well when we visited so I know they weren't exaggerating. I know there is a golf course or two nearby, but nothing else of interest that I can recall.

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
As noted elsewhere, these were the initial reactions to Indio.

Indio does host the Coachella festival, which is a huge draw. Murrieta has what?

Maybe proximity to wineries will be its saving grace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
So build more resorts that are highly sought for three weeks a year?

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
So build more resorts that are highly sought for three weeks a year?

Or places that are not sought after at all?

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Members from cold climates
Proximity to San Diego/LA

There are other timeshares in the area - 3 Welk resorts - it will find it's following just like Indio. It does not need to be the best or perfect location, to be a good location.

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Doesn't the past lawsuit play into this in some way? I thought WM was under an obligation to continue to ensure a certain percentage of units adhere to the original points charts, meaning that for every "Estancia" type development they open, they've got to balance it with somewhere "cheap" they can open at original point chart rates - hence places like Murrieta. I could be remembering this all wrong.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Doesn't the past lawsuit play into this in some way? I thought WM was under an obligation to continue to ensure a certain percentage of units adhere to the original points charts,
No, this was not part of the lawsuit settlement. The settlement affirmed the Developer's right to bring new resorts into WorldMark at credit values deemed "reasonable" by the Developer.

I am sure that Murrieta will not be a "cheap" resort, but it might be a good value for the area like many other WorldMark resorts.

Wyndham has brought some "original points charts" resorts online -- Palm Springs Plaza, Pagosa Springs, Shawnee Village as a few examples. Owners commonly complain that these resorts are not up to "WorldMark standards".

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Members from cold climates
Proximity to San Diego/LA

There are other timeshares in the area - 3 Welk resorts - it will find it's following just like Indio. It does not need to be the best or perfect location, to be a good location.

IIRC, Welk has one or more resorts on the coast in that area. A better option would have been a new resort actually on the coast/beach in that area. WM Oceanside is far from it.

In any case, the new resort debate is not something I get too worked up over. At least until I can move westward.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Moab, yes! Murrieta, bizarre.
Speaking of WiFi, is it going to be free? This is the only timeshare system I own that still charges for WiFi. Went to Klamath Falls last month. Great resort but no cellular signal inside the unit. We had to cough up the money for WiFi :(

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Murrieta as a "Disneyland" location:

By Rail:
By Bus:
(Ummm ... guess who just bought new Disneyland Annual Passes?? I've been trying to figure out the best/cheapest/easiest ways to reach DL from the Temecula area.)

Last edited:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
On WMOWNERS 2 people that have visited this area many times have nothing good to say about this area. The visited because family located there or their Church owned property there.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
On WMOWNERS 2 people that have visited this area many times have nothing good to say about this area. The visited because family located there or their Church owned property there.
I'm not comfortable with the WM Clear Lake area either ... but the property itself is peaceful and attractive.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
We use to stop at Clear Lake for a day or two of peace and quiet on our way to or coming from Windsor. We have not done this in several years. It just became too out of the way.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
My son and his girlfriend also bought annual passes now that they live in SoCal, but have not found time to visit yet. There are a lot of blackout dates and the entire summer season is not good for pass-holders. Hope you have better luck than them.

Murrieta as a "Disneyland" location:

By Rail:
By Bus:
(Ummm ... guess who just bought new Disneyland Annual Passes?? I've been trying to figure out the best/cheapest/easiest ways to reach DL from the Temecula area.)

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My son and his girlfriend also bought annual passes now that they live in SoCal, but have not found time to visit yet. There are a lot of blackout dates and the entire summer season is not good for pass-holders. Hope you have better luck than them.
We purchased the new FLEX pass and are really happy with it thus far. This pass includes the summer months (phew!) using a "reservation" system.