• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WorldMark finally transferred - it took 3 months

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I just received email notice from the Seller of my WorldMark resale purchase that they (WM) completed the paperwork transfer to me last week. That means it was a solid three months from the time of purchase, (my eBay auction win), to time of transfer to my name. This included the Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's holidays. So all-in, I guess that's not too bad? I'm glad it's finally done.

I'm also told WM will send me a Welcome packet. Anybody have an idea how long that takes? I don't have an account number or login or anything, and would like to get started with things.

Dave

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received email notice from the Seller of my WorldMark resale purchase that they (WM) completed the paperwork transfer to me last week. That means it was a solid three months from the time of purchase, (my eBay auction win), to time of transfer to my name. This included the Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's holidays. So all-in, I guess that's not too bad? I'm glad it's finally done.

I'm also told WM will send me a Welcome packet. Anybody have an idea how long that takes? I don't have an account number or login or anything, and would like to get started with things.

Dave
Ask if they will give you the account number. If you have that you can get set up. My welcome packet took 2 months to arrive.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Ask if they will give you the account number. If you have that you can get set up. My welcome packet took 2 months to arrive.

Thanks, that sounds like a smart idea. I've just asked the Seller for the account number. I'd presume Worldmark uses the same number, and just changes the name on the account? I suppose I could call WM and tell them I've lost the account number, but that seems like a longer way around things than if I have the account number before I call in.

Dave

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, that sounds like a smart idea. I've just asked the Seller for the account number. I'd presume Worldmark uses the same number, and just changes the name on the account? I suppose I could call WM and tell them I've lost the account number, but that seems like a longer way around things than if I have the account number before I call in.

Dave
It is the same account number, assuming that is the only contract for the seller. You can call WM and ask them to reset the password... or ask the seller if he/she still have the login to reset the password and tell you the password and then you should be able to get in.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
It is the same account number, assuming that is the only contract for the seller. You can call WM and ask them to reset the password... or ask the seller if he/she still have the login to reset the password and tell you the password and then you should be able to get in.

Thanks. I called in and got things sorted out. I got the account number, and then the fun started: When they put my name on the account they blanked out the former owner's email address, and it had to be entered. When I tried to register with the account number, it said I was already set up. But then I had no password. I asked to reset it, and it said the email address was wrong. I called a second time, and they put my email in, and then I was able to get a password and get logged in. So I'm good to go. :)

Dave

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I called in and got things sorted out. I got the account number, and then the fun started: When they put my name on the account they blanked out the former owner's email address, and it had to be entered. When I tried to register with the account number, it said I was already set up. But then I had no password. I asked to reset it, and it said the email address was wrong. I called a second time, and they put my email in, and then I was able to get a password and get logged in. So I'm good to go. :)

Dave

Sounds about right. Their systems definitely aren't optimized for setting up resale owners. Glad you were able to get set up!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Sounds about right. Their systems definitely aren't optimized for setting up resale owners. Glad you were able to get set up!

Me too! I've waited a long time to get my foot in the door. Now I just need to sort through how to use the account. :)

Dave

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Changing the email address is a tricky one. There is someplace else in the system where the email hides and they need to change it there as well. Unfortunately, I can't remember the circumstance. Watch for missing email confirmations, etc. The other issue is they sometimes leave the previous owners credit card on file. They really don't do much in the way of cleaning up the old information before transfer.
With Wyndham (doing the work for Worldmark) it's always best to assume incompetence in any IT issue.

Sue

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Before I sold, I called up to remove my auto payment using my credit card. Then, of course Wyndham took forever to complete the transfer, I had to do a one time payment for Jan MF, otherwise a delinquent account won't transfer. I did get reimbursed by the buyer.