• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Worldmark Contract Termination - Clarification (seeking advice)

eryk001

Reaction score
I am way pass my cancellation/rescinding period but haven't made any payments yet. I was reading the forums and a lot of people were having a hard time terminating their contract after the grace period. I just want some clarification and expertise advice on the clause in Paragraph 15 (last clause color red). I may be interpreting it wrong but it sounds to me that I am able to cancel/terminate my Timeshare after the cancellation period?

Any advice or clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Provided below is my membership cancellation and termination clause.

15. Right to Cancel Membership. You may cancel Your TravelShare membership without penalty or obligation during the same cancellation period as set forth in Your WorldMark Contract referenced herein. If you decide to cancel Your TravelShare membership, you must notify WRDC in writing of Your intent to cancel by sending notice to WRDC at the address set forth in Your WorldMark contract. The cancellation of Your TravelShare membership will not automatically cancel Your WorldMark contract referenced herein unless specifically requested by You in writing. In the event you cancel Your WorldMark contract referenced herein during the applicable cancellation period, Your TravelShare membership will be automatically cancelled without penalty or obligation. You may also cancel Your TravelShare membership after the applicable cancellation, subject to Paragraph 16 below, by delivering a notice of Your intent to cancel to WRDC in writing to 10750 W. Charleston Blvd., Suite 130, Las Vegas, NV 89135, Attn: Account Servicing Operations.

16. Effect of Cancellation or Termination. Access to all Benefits will immediately cease following cancellation or termination of Your TravelShare membership. Benefits that were purchased or reserved prior to cancellation or termination of Your TravelShare membership, but which will not be used until after Your TravelShare membership is cancelled or terminated, may be cancelled depending upon the Benefit. In the event a Benefit is canceled, the WTS Credits used towards the Benefit and any Additional Fees paid in connection with the cancelled Benefit will be subject to the Benefit cancellation policies set forth in the Program Documents. Dues will not be refunded upon cancellation or termination of Your TravelShare membership. To rejoin TravelShare after termination or cancellation of Your TravelShare membership, You must again meet the eligibility requirements set forth in Paragraph 2 above, and sign a new TravelShare Membership Agreement. Cancellation or termination of Your TravelShare membership will have no effect on Your other contractual obligations or agreements with WRDC or Your WorldMark ownership.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
I would recommend consulting with an Attorney. Timeshare contracts are very complicated and one clause mixes with another so the entire contract needs review before an answer can be provided.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Travelshare is a gimmick that Wyndham added on top of Worldmark timeshare. It is an add on like enrolling a Marriott week for DC points. Unlike the DC program, it has very little value.

Canceling it will not cancel the timeshare as you are still under contract for that.

Best of luck.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Travelshare is a gimmick that Wyndham added on top of Worldmark timeshare. It is an add on like enrolling a Marriott week for DC points. Unlike the DC program, it has very little value.

Canceling it will not cancel the timeshare as you are still under contract for that.

Best of luck.
exactly. the club and the timeshare are 2 different things. you can always cancel the club.

Sent from my SM-J327W using Tapatalk

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I am not offering legal advice. It appears that you do not really understand your purchase and the various relationships between Worldmark The Club and Wyndham. You are brand new to TUG and I think you are also brand new to Timesharing.

Worldmark owns or has usage rights to about 90 Resorts. Worldmark consists of the Resorts, the Members, and the Board of Directors.

Wyndham owns the rights to develop new resorts for Worldmark The Club. Wyndham also own the rights to sell Worldmark Credits/Points that come into being as a result of the Resorts they develop and turn over to Worldmark The Club.

As a separate matter The Board of Directors of Worldmark The Club have entered a Contract with Wyndham to be the day to day Managers of the Resorts Worldmark owns.

The Purchase of Worldmark Credits/Points from Wyndham gives you the Right/Privilege to use your Worldmark Credits to make Reservations in Worldmark Resorts. Your obligation to Worldmark is to pay your yearly Maintenance Fees.

You mostly likely made a down payment and have a financial obligation to Wyndham to pay off your Credits/Points over a ten year period.

Travelshare is a Program Wyndham developed. It is separate from your rights and obligations concerning your Worldmark Credits/Points. You pay Travelshare Maintenance Fees to Wyndham to fund your Travelshare "Benefits." The Travelshare Benefits depend on your level of Travelshare. These can be found on the Web Site for Worldmark The Club.

You can cancel your Travelshare Membership at any time. This will stop your Travelshare Fees and terminate the Travelshare "Benefits." It has no effect or relationship with your obligation concerning the Worldmark Credits/Points you purchased from Wyndham.

Please read the last sentence in paragraph 16 you listed in your OP.

So if you simply want to cancel your Travelshare Membership yes you can do that at anytime but this has no relationship with your purchase of Worldmark Credits/Points and your obligations under that Contract.