• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WorldMark by Wyndham Owner Rental Program

DRIless

Reaction score
Does any WM owner here have any persnal experience or anecdotes on this program?

WorldMark by Wyndham Owner Rental Program

As a WorldMark owner, if your travel plans ever change or you're unable to vacation, you don't have to let your credits expire — you can look to Wyndham® Extra Holidays to list your unused vacation time for rental!

Getting Started
Any time you wish to list your vacation time for rent, here's how it works:

• Call us to determine where inventory is needed and the amount (Flat Rate) we are able to pay.
  • Then, we will transfer you to the Club to book your reservation. Alternatively, you can visit worldmarktheclub.com or call the Vacation Planning Center at 800-457-0103 to book a reservation as you normally would at your convenience. Extra Holidays will accept reservations booked no more than 10 months prior to their arrival date.
  • Once you have booked the reservation, call us back to confirm the vacation time you have reserved. We will email you a Listing Agreement that will include the Flat Rate amount we will pay you.
  • Complete and sign the Listing Agreement at least 30 days prior to check-in. Follow the instructions on the form to return it to us.
  • For timeliness, we suggest that you email your completed Listing Agreement to us atOwnerRentals@ExtraHolidays.com.
  • We will send you an Acceptance Letter within 10 days to acknowledge that your listing has been processed and accepted.
The Good Part — Getting Paid
The best part is, there are no upfront fees, and you will know the amount of the Flat Rate payment you will receive if the reservation is accepted to the program. You will receive your proceeds within 45 days of your listing being accepted regardless of the actual dates of the reservation.

Learn More Today
To get started or if you have any questions, please call 866-438-4877 Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. PT.

Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the WorldMark owner rental program?

The owner rental program gives you additional flexibility in how you choose to use your WorldMark ownership. Now, if you ever decide not to travel or you have expiring Vacation Credits, you can look to Wyndham Extra Holidays to list your unused vacation time for rental.

2. What if I'm not interested in renting my reservations?

Then no action is required. You can continue to utilize your credits as you have in the past. However, if your circumstances change, this is just one more way to use your credits.

3. How does this rental program work?

If you are unable to utilize all your credits and are looking for an alternative, you can contact Wyndham Extra Holidays to learn what we will pay you (Flat Rate) for certain vacation listings. If you are interested, see the steps above.

4. Are all WorldMark owners eligible to participate in the rental program?

Yes, provided you are able to make a reservation and that you are current on all your WorldMark financial obligations.

5. How do you determine how much you will pay for my listing?

There are a number of factors that are considered including: season, resort location, unit size, days of the week and market demand to name a few.

6. Can I negotiate the amount you will pay me?

Because of all the factors to consider (see question No. 5 above), it is not practical to negotiate individual amounts on a case-by-case basis. Additionally, Wyndham Extra Holidays is assuming all rental risk by paying you upfront. Therefore, we must be certain that we have an opportunity to recover our initial outlay.

7. Can I list any resort for rent?

We are currently accepting listings for about half of the WorldMark resorts. If we reach our limit based on market conditions for any of them, we might curtail accepting additional listings for particular resorts from time to time.

8. What if my unit is not rented?

Wyndham Extra Holidays assumes all risk of renting your unit. Once we accept your listing, you are paid the contracted Flat Rate amount regardless of whether or not we are successful in renting your unit.

9. What if I change my mind and don't want to rent, can I use my reservation?

That is not possible. Once we assume all rental risk, we begin spending our own marketing dollars in hopes of recouping our investment. Therefore, it is important that Wyndham Extra Holidays maintain usage rights to the inventory in hopes of breaking even at the very least.

10. Why doesn't Wyndham Extra Holidays accept all reservations that owners would like to rent?

Market conditions are constantly changing. It could be that in the time that it took for you to submit your Listing Agreement, other owners were also submitting listings for the same resort and we don't feel that the market will support that much inventory. Therefore, it's important to complete and submit your listing as soon as possible. Also, we cannot accept any listings from owners who are past due on their WorldMark financial obligations.

11. Why do I have to check with Wyndham Extra Holidays to see what inventory you will take if I know what I'm giving you is in high demand?

There are a number of factors affecting what inventory we can accept. They include market conditions, distribution channels and resort operations. So, even though it might seem obvious, we ask that you check with us before booking a WorldMark reservation for rent.

12. What is the contact information for Wyndham Extra Holidays?

You can reach us at the following:

Phone: 866-438-4877
Email: OwnerRentals@wyn.com
Hours: Monday-Friday, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. CT (9 a.m.-5 p.m. PT)
Mail: Wyndham Destinations
Attention: Wyndham Extra Holidays
1839-K E. Independence
Springfield, MO 65804

We look forward to servicing your future rental needs.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
It clearly is the not the best deal for someone looking for recovery on their dues. The BoD has suggested that it was put in place to give some owners an option to deal with expiring credits.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
If I remember correctly you turn a week over to Wyndham. You get less than half the money and Wyndham may only be able to rent out a couple days. So you end up losing Points. If Wyndham wanted to be fair they would pay the Owner for the whole week.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I believe Tom is describing how ExtraHolidays rentals works for Club Wyndham members. As I understand it, the WM program has a different intent and was specifically designed to prevent prime inventory from being diverted to the rental program.

So it is a guaranteed rate and they tell you where to make the reservation. They only accept certain resorts and certain time periods (inside 10-11 months).

Because it is supposed to be last resort.

Gary Lamm

Reaction score
Does any WM owner here have any persnal experience or anecdotes on this program?

I would not trust Wyndham in this or any other program they present. Deceit and dishonesty and failure to deliver are abundant.