• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

wonder what scammer or salesperson we upset this week?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Brace yourself for a "government investigation," Brian! :D

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
consider myself braced!

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
This isn’t just a random person posting one thing on trip advisor, this somebody with a full agenda. If you click "Yana Scheidleman’s" name you can see he has a blog created targeting TUG. This person must be a scammer whose business has been hurt by being identified as a scammer on TUG. If all of this has saved even one person from being scammed out of money then it has been worth it.

From that blog, four individual people from TUG are called out and I am one of them, lol. At least I think it is me but he has it as XR8. I think this “Yana” is a scammer because on TUG I do a little research and call out scam companies based on the lies and discrepancies. Obviously this particular scammer doesn’t like that. What other reason would he call me out? Maybe this is "Gloria", a scammer that was called out some time ago, coming back for revenge. I really feel like somebody today. :)

upload_2019-3-19_20-11-46.png

Since I am considered to have a job here at TUG please forward my work check ASAP.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
oh its absolutely either a scammer or a salesperson....

noone has that level of free time or hatred to go out and make something like that without a bone to pick. I feel honored that we caused some slimeball that much pain and suffering to waste countless hours of their time to do this =)

,more time spent not ripping off owners!

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
It will just do the opposite of what it is trying to do. If someone happens to see this stuff first their curiosity will make them check TUG out. It will probably get us more members.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Funny Stuff: https://tug2scam.blogspot.com
I mean, there are different memberships, going from $15 to $49 a year, how can someone not afford that? Let’s get premium!
Oh no! The secret is out! Now the world knows about our ultra exclusive $49 membership! To buy the $49 membership, please PayPal $49 to DeniseM. ;)
That’s them don’t wanting you to leave the group.
Illegal data traffic is something very common on the actual world, and you can believe us when we say that your information worths a lot for most of the sites on the web.
Just a little hard to concrete.
Thank you for keeping your attention adhered to these words
But I have to admit, this guy does write goodly!
Denise M
(Top Timeshare Resale Broker at TUG2 with exclusiveness granted by Brian Roger)
And best of all - I'm the worst of all!!!!
We use metaphors for this article to make your reading a little smoother and amusing. We know you may be tired of the overuse of high or technical terminology and we'd like to take advantage that this Blog is just a Blog and no more.
OMG - he thinks his writing is "smooth," "amusing," "high" and "technical" - OK, he may be high, I'll give him that!

Last edited:

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
(Quote from the scammer's blog) Illegal data traffic is something very common on the actual world, and you can believe us when we say that your information worths a lot for most of the sites on the web.

Of course I believe this scammer when he says that illegal traffic/information is "worths a lot". After all, that is the business they are in so he should know.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
No doubt, someone who has lumpy pillows for sale, at prices above the Bargain Basement minimums. :rolleyes:

So now I want that $49 Premium membership! Does it include the boiled pizza recipe?

Dave

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
I would encourage all Tugers to read the blog, access and post your opinion. Looks like the blogger has a skill in manipulating posts, words into criminal allegations...kind of like the big dog politics do. I think people act in this manner for a reason. Protect the public from scammers...no thats not it, Tugs does that. Had a extremely bad experience with TUG...not it, would of post those details. Maybe to protect a income source. Follow the money...yes! After my posting on that blog I await the attack from the scammer...and a chance to ask an AG for help.

Reactions: RX8

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess I haven't saved enough people enough money. Or at least the Scammer/Spammer. I was hoping to at least get an honorable mention.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Yana is a fake. Ran a U.S. wide search (including Dallas) and no public records emerged for this person.

Possible foreign troll because the English grammar is horrible - and not a very good shill because the arguments are weak. Perhaps trolling for attention, or hired indirectly by an agency for a scammer, sales, exit company etc. who have a motivation to avoid educating consumers about timeshares.

Are there people unhappy with TUG? Probably, but you cannot please all the people all the time. Sometimes people post bad opinions. Sometimes people execute poorly on good opinion. Some don't want to hear the truth that they bought a lemon so blame TUG.

Similar to FlyerTalk the good far outweighs the bad.

The thousands of complaints by consumers filed every year to state AGs against developers and scammers about deceptive sales practices provides concrete evidence of where the real scam lies.

Last edited:

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
"With that, they can sell it to timeshare companies seeking for people to sell their product."

There is apparently a screw loose with this guy. English is definitely his second language. What puzzles me is that he states that Tug sells members' info (which I know Brian doesn't), and that the info is sold to timeshare developers - so they can contact the members..............Why the heck would retail developers want to contact Tug members? The logic does not fly.

Sleep well tonight, Brian. You are in no danger of losing your burgeoning empire. :thumbup:

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
Hopefully the extra traffic this joker is getting to his blog because of Tuggers looking for a laugh won't earn him a higher place in any search results! You'd hate to have the search engine algorithms think a big increase in traffic means he should get visibility.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
"With that, they can sell it to timeshare companies seeking for people to sell their product."

There is apparently a screw loose with this guy. English is definitely his second language. What puzzles me is that he states that Tug sells members' info (which I know Brian doesn't), and that the info is sold to timeshare developers - so they can contact the members..............Why the heck would retail developers want to contact Tug members? The logic does not fly.

Sleep well tonight, Brian. You are in no danger of losing your burgeoning empire. :thumbup:

+1 Logic does not fly. Timeshare developers already have contact info (and better info) because TUG members are owners with deeds in the system who pay MF every year.

If someone doesn't own on TUG, it's because they went the a sales presentation at a developer and gave them their contact info. They come to TUG to for advice on rescinding a deal. Makes no sense.

tomt73

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lake Placid Club Lodges, Las Brisas de Santa Fe.
I replied to "Yana" as follows:

"Gosh, Yana, where should I start? I guess I'll reference your brand-new blog. I read every post on it, all two of them, both dated within the past month. Your manner of writing suggests that either a) you are not very educated, or b) English is not your birth language. The unsupported assertions you make are very interesting, and, were they supported by some sort of evidence, would be very concerning. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I should note that both blog posts, given their lack of evidence, should be taken as just one person's opinion. I urge any reader of these to contact TUG directly, and to research it through as many other sources as needed, to evaluate and assess these claims for themselves.

That said, my personal reaction to what you've written is that you are a time share broker yourself, and none too happy about TUG's 25-year history of helping timeshare owners avoid getting ripped off. You may also be a time share "cancellation" scammer, in the shady business of defrauding timeshare owners looking to resell or otherwise terminate their timeshare interests. I gather this from the tone and length of your posts, which reminds me of a line from Shakespeare: "Methinks thou dost protest too much." If TUG has gored your shady ox, good on them.

Finally, for those interested in a real member's reaction, I am an 8-year member, and an active reviewer of the resorts I visit. I visit TUG and use its online reviews when I plan visits. I review the places I visit, and post those, both on TUG and here on Trip Advisor (for those resorts where I am not an owner). I have found TUG to be an invaluable resource for resort information that allows me to pack and travel with what I need to find maximum enjoyment when I arrive. I also find TUG's newsletter and discussion forums valuable for information about the timeshare industry and the system operators that dominate it. If you, like me, want this type of information, there are few other places to find it."

Hope this helps de-bunk this....... person. Go TUG!

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I just watched the YouTube video that is in the blog. I am convinced that this person is from an exit company who is attacking TUG for educating timeshare owners to not pay thousands of dollars for these “services”.

Very typical of these scammers to use scare tactics, lie about facts, post false “reviews” (these new “unknown” members on Trip Advisor supporting the lies are sure to be the scammer himself), and attack anything that prevents them from scamming.

What this scammer fails to mention is that we advise owners to not pay thousands to these unknown “companies”, who may just end up stealing the money with no services provided, but rather try a deed back or at the very least give away the timeshare themself to save thousands.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
No doubt, someone who has lumpy pillows for sale, at prices above the Bargain Basement minimums. :rolleyes:

So now I want that $49 Premium membership! Does it include the boiled pizza recipe?

Dave

I think you may have stumbled on to something here. I bet this is someone who Brian wouldn’t give the boiled pizza recipe too. That recipe has caused more harm than good. Just post it already!

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I just watched the YouTube video that is in the blog. I am convinced that this person is from an exit company who is attacking TUG for educating timeshare owners to not pay thousands of dollars for these “services”.

Very typical of these scammers to use scare tactics, lie about facts, post false “reviews” (these new “unknown” members on Trip Advisor supporting the lies are sure to be the scammer himself), and attack anything that prevents them from scamming.

What this scammer fails to mention is that we advise owners to not pay thousands to these unknown “companies”, who may just end up stealing the money with no services provided, but rather try a deed back or at the very least give away the timeshare themself to save thousands.
Yes. His comments no the blog are primarily focused on the fact that "TUG2" tells people they can't get out of their timeshares and that TUG2 doesn't help these people out. I agree it's an upfront scammer that's hurt that the truth about them is spread on TUG.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
To Yana, and his followers...Knowledge is Power. Yana, are you afraid of the Truth? Yana, are you afraid of sharing true information and true knowledge for free over the internet.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yelling and making accusations behind a fake name pretty much says it all.

I am humbled by the kind words so many of you are posting in that thread in defense of TUG...this community truly is one of a kind. Id imagine within a few more days and more posts like that, his original goal of smearing TUG will provide the exact opposite result on tripadvisor =)

Last edited: