• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORV vs WKORVN

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Just checking if I remember what I have read correctly. (Been a while since I was interested in this.) WKORVN has better views, but WKORV has a full kitchen. Any other considerations when choosing between the two, a 2 BR LO. (Dates I am looking at are available for both.) OF not available for either so that is not an issue. We were there in 2013 I think we were in WKORVN, but I wouldn't swear to it.

Thanx

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Just checking if I remember what I have read correctly. (Been a while since I was interested in this.) WKORVN has better views, but WKORV has a full kitchen. Any other considerations when choosing between the two, a 2 BR LO. (Dates I am looking at are available for both.) OF not available for either so that is not an issue. We were there in 2013 I think we were in WKORVN, but I wouldn't swear to it.

Thanx

WKORVN doesn't necessarily have better views (the best views are OF at WKORV), but it does have fewer bad views (read: no parking lot views).

I assume this is a StarOption exchange; if so, yes, WKORVN is the better choice.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Agreed - with a floating view at WKORV, you could get the back side of bldg. 4 - facing the parking lot and highway.

WKORV has better ocean front views, but with a floating view reservation, you are not likely to get an ocean front unit.

WKORV-N has no units that face the parking lot/highway.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
WKORVN also has bad views/villas (e.g. over AC fans), just not as many as WKORV.

The WKORVN studio has a balcony. For WKORV - Deluxe studios have balconies, but not Premium studios.
For the 2Bd LO at WKORV - there are 2 different floor plans for Dlx vs. Prem with Dlx on corner of buildings and larger - they also have a small foyer between the 1Bd and studio sides. WKORVN has connecting door between the units.

I think that WKORV has a more open brighter look - the distance between the buildings across the pool is greater. Pool bottom is light - also has slide. The BBQs are also OF.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Thanx everyone, yes SO Rez. I think I'll keep the Rez at WKORVN & hope for no a/c views. Now to convince DH that biking down the volcano is silly & dangerous!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Thanx everyone, yes SO Rez. I think I'll keep the Rez at WKORVN & hope for no a/c views. Now to convince DH that biking down the volcano is silly & dangerous!

The II folks get the AC views.
Actually - the times we have seen them - they seemed empty. That goes with WKORV as well. But we don’t go high season.
You will get a fine room with SOs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
We're going April 18 to 30 first 3 days in Oahu. Hoping to see the humpback end of season stragglers off Maui. Fingers crossed. David any recommended dive companies on Maui? Not the best experience last time for us.

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're going April 18 to 30 first 3 days in Oahu. Hoping to see the humpback end of season stragglers off Maui. Fingers crossed. David any recommended dive companies on Maui? Not the best experience last time for us.

Which Dive Companies have you used on Maui? We always use Lahaina Divers.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Which Dive Companies have you used on Maui? We always use Lahaina Divers.

This is interesting... I went back through my Trip Advisor reviews to verify who we used. My review is gone! So we dug out the t-shirt my DH bought, I googled them. (I'll PM you, I didn't plan on publicly naming them because it has been over 4 years and things change.) The business still exists, but the only reviews go back to May of this year. So either the business was sold or somehow they purged older reviews on TA. I wrote a review saying it was "Just an OK dive experience" and gave details of why and the dive shop called me wanting me to change my review. Made me like them even less.

Lanswitch

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas South
The Gardens at West Maui

My recently deceased best friend sent his daughter and new son in law to the Marriott Maui. The first day they went on a tour to watch the sunrise over Haleakala followed by bike rides down the volcano.
He fell off the bike and broke several ribs. Needless to say that after that, for the next 6 days, their honeymoon wasn’t much of a “honeymoon”, if you catch my drift.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
My recently deceased best friend sent his daughter and new son in law to the Marriott Maui. The first day they went on a tour to watch the sunrise over Haleakala followed by bike rides down the volcano.
He fell off the bike and broke several ribs. Needless to say that after that, for the next 6 days, their honeymoon wasn’t much of a “honeymoon”, if you catch my drift.
Sorry about your friend, thanx for the info. I'm hoping DH changes his mind.

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
Just got back from Maui last week. There are some conflicting reports about the bikes going down Haleakala. We did go to the top during the daytime in our car and there were plenty of riders coming down and going up. We also saw a load of bikes on a trailer at the top. However, did not see any bikes coming down from the top or on any of the National Park controlled road. We are of the understanding that the National Park Service has forbidden any bikes on their roads and bikes are only allowed to go down from before the National Park Service gate where you pay to get in. This is due to so many injuries and deaths. Whether this is true or not I am not sure.

I will say that driving in the car around the hairpin turns and suddenly running into a bunch of bikers coming down the mountain who are not hugging their side of the road is not safe at all for either the bikers or the people driving cars. The bikers we saw going up the mountain were obviously professionals and seemed to know and understand the rules of the road much better than the tourist bikers on their way down.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
That is correct - due to some serious injuries and a death, the National Park stopped permitting the commercial biking tours to start inside the park, some time ago. They take you up to the top to see the view, and then back down, outside the gate, to board your bicycle.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
That is correct - due to some serious injuries and a death, the National Park stopped permitting the commercial biking tours to start inside the park, some time ago. They take you up to the top to see the view, and then back down, outside the gate, to board your bicycle.
My husband and I rode both up and down in our younger days but we ride a lot. We never did a tour. We met a traveling nurse who told us she has multiple daily intakes from riders. Many who have not ridden bikes in 20 years but decide to ride down the volcano with amazing views and as they look at the scenery or turn back to see where their friends are crash. If you bike at home and have good safety awareness then it's fine but it's not for inexperienced riders