• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Winter golfing locations

sueoz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi - we are researching great winter golfing areas that have timeshares. We know about the obvious, such as Florida, but would like to hear about favorites. If the area has other things to do, such as hiking, even better. We are heading to Mesquite, NV in a couple of weeks where we hope to golf and hike. It doesn’t have to be warm. Anything 55 and over!
Thanks for any ideas.
Sue

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Palm Springs/Desert area. Lots of timeshare and golf courses. The best place to be for golfers. We are here these 2 weeks and we were here in Dec for 2 weeks as well. We are here every year in winter. Lots of hiking places... Joshua Tree National Park...

kwilson

TUG Member
Reaction score
San Diego Country Estates in Ramona has what you want. It is on the edge of "back country" with extensive hiking areas. The timeshare owns about 60 memberships in San Vicente Country Club. Exchangers get reduced rates, and owners get free golf while in residence. It is about a 40 minute drive into San Diego.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Marriott Newport Coast Villas, you can play Pelican Hill next door and lots of hiking trails and beaches. Pelican is a bit pricey at $300+ morning time, but you can get a twilight for $110.

If you like bargain rates, my club plays Tue/Thur at Costa Mesa 8:30 T Time, under $25 senior rate walking. :). 20 minutes from NCV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Pelican Hill golf....to rich for my blood. Newport Coast area can get rainy and cold in winter.

You really cannot beat Palm Desert area. Many great golf course choices and the weather is perfect for golf in winter.

sueoz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Palm Desert is on our radar for sure. We have been there to hike a few times and love it for that. Now that golf is in the mix we will definitely be going back.

I didn’t realize that Newport Coast even had a rainy season. Will have to look closer to that.

I am definitely interested in Ramona. It looks like it’s far enough away from the cities to not have the awful traffic that we’ve experienced in the San Diego area. Need to look closer at the hiking, but love the idea.
Thanks again,
Sue

sueoz

TUG Member
Reaction score
We can do any weather that goes 55 and over during the day! Looks like I will add Newport to my list.
Thanks, Sue

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Thanks! Palm Desert is on our radar for sure. We have been there to hike a few times and love it for that. Now that golf is in the mix we will definitely be going back.

I didn’t realize that Newport Coast even had a rainy season. Will have to look closer to that.

I am definitely interested in Ramona. It looks like it’s far enough away from the cities to not have the awful traffic that we’ve experienced in the San Diego area. Need to look closer at the hiking, but love the idea.
Thanks again,
Sue
We own in Ramona. The timeshare is called The Good Life. We bought in 1973 when timeshares were just getting started in the U.S. Loved the property, the units and the face that as owners we got free golf, and we could use our timeshare like a hotel, breaking the time down into one night increments. I don't know if any of that has changed, but it's nice to hear that owners still get free golf.

Don't know about hiking in the area, it just wasn't something we did while we were there. We would always make a side trip to Julian (know for their apple pies). When I was living in southern California we would use the resort often. Now that I'm not in the area we use it only for trading.

Mosescan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Vegas Blvd, Craigendarroch lodges x 2
Don't know about the time share situation but there is some great golfing in Arizona! Dove Mountain in Tucson which hosts a PGA event was only $100 when I golfed it a few years ago. Hawaii also has some incredible golf courses and lots of timeshares. I'm looking forward to a round or two on the big island in April. I've golfed a few nice courses around Vegas where there are also lots of timeshares. Not cheap there though. I think I paid $175 for TPC Vegas. Myrtle beach in March/April maybe, but right now too cold and wet! The HGVC Anderson Ocean club included free golf for owners when I was there a few years ago.