• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Will all unused points transfer with title

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought on ebay 41000 credit account. There was 18000 for 2018, 41000 for 2019 and June is the anniversary. Ive been reading about how long it takes to transfer credits in my name. So I asked the eBay seller to ask the owner of they could make a reservation out in the future for the 18000 credits. I got a great deal and I told the eBay lister that the seller could even use some of those 18000 credits, I just didn't want them to expire. I said nothing of the 41000 credits for 2019 because I'm not worried about them expiring. The eBay lister did and the seller deposited them out in the future.
The eBay lister said that the seller gets to keep their unused credits. I'm new but I was had the understanding that at transfer..... that all unused credits transfer to me. What are the rules?

Last edited:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Points/Credits have a lifespan of 24 months +.The Points awarded on June 1, 2018 are good until June 30, 2020. This means you have to make a Reservation with the June 1, 2018 Points/Credits by June 30, 2020. That Reservation can start by July 30, 2021. So there should not be a problem with losing Points on the Transfer. All unused Points/Credits, HKC, AND GC should transfer with the Account.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I bought on ebay 41000 credit account. There was 18000 for 2018, 41000 for 2019 and June is the anniversary. Ive been reading about how long it takes to transfer credits in my name. So I asked the eBay seller to ask the owner of they could make a reservation out in the future for the 18000 credits. I got a great deal and I told the eBay lister that the seller could even use some of those 18000 credits, I just didn't want them to expire. I said nothing of the 41000 credits for 2019 because I'm not worried about them expiring. The eBay lister did and the seller deposited them out in the future.
The eBay lister said that the seller gets to keep their unused credits. I'm new but I was had the understanding that at transfer..... that all unused credits transfer to me. What are the rules?

The rules are that all unexpired credits in the account will transfer upon sale. But nothing prevents the seller from stripping those credits off the account prior to the transfer - i.e. allocated credits to another account or renting those credits out or using the credits (as you note). I dont want to be an alarmist, but it sounds like that is what the lister is telling you. Depending on where you are in the transfer process, you might want to get clarity on that issue. The 41000 credits for 2019 roughly have a market value of $2800, and the 2018 credits at around $1200-1400.

It could be as simple as the seller not wanting to guarantee the credits will be in the account - especially if they are brokering the deal. Hopefully that is the case.

Last edited:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
One of the Accounts I bought through a Broker on EBAY was suppose to come with the current Points and 1/2 of the prior year's worth of Points. Suddenly all the Points disappeared. The Broker found out the seller had deposited them in RCI. The Broker got in touch with the seller and RCI (Broker had a friend that worked at RCI). The Points were returned to the Account.

I agree with Eric if you are concerned that the Points will disappear contactmthe Seller or Broker and get thingsminmwriting about the Pointsminmthe Account.