• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Why some people pass out during flight

uop1497

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever pass out ( or with witness someone pass out in front of you) during a flight . I try to find out the cause of it and how to prevent it from re occur again .

Please share your thought

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Not for a medical reason , but our flight to the Dominican a couple of years ago was delayed for over 2 hrs. Apparently the guy with the window seat across the isle from us spent the entire delay time in a bar (and maybe for a while before that) as he had a great deal of trouble navigating to his seat. We were surprised that he was allowed on the plane. Once seated & buckled up he promptly passed out and never moved until the flight attendant roused him after we had landed.
On a flight we took to England in the 90's there was a woman behind us with so much anxiety of flying over the Atlantic she was very pale, sweating and looked like she may pass out at any time, but she didn't to my knowledge.

~Diane

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes! The passenger in front of us had a panic attack when we taking off in Richmond,VA. to Florida.
Luckily, for everyone, the flight attendants were able to help her come down.
Also, please eat something and drink liquid to avoid this from happen to you.
However, Do not drink an accesses amount of liquor before or during a flight.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Medically, it could be possible if a person's breathing is compromised. Aircraft are just pressurized to about 9,000 feet. it's conceivable that a passenger could be so short of breath as to lose consciousness. If this is the case, flight attendants CAN provide on board oxygen, though they are reluctant to do so.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever pass out ( or with witness someone pass out in front of you) during a flight . I try to find out the cause of it and how to prevent it from re occur again .

Please share your thought

I came very close to passing out on a flight from Seattle to Boston when a rather large woman in the adjoining seat apparently had some ongoing digestive issues which resulted in the sustained emission of some truly noxious gases.
I prayed for the oxygen mask to pop down from above, but my prayers were not answered. All ultimately survived.

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I was sitting next to a man who either passed out, or almost passed out. His wife, who was sitting behind him, said this had happened to him before. I'm not sure of the reason, but he told us he'd gotten up very early, really didn't have anything to eat, but did take advantage of the free mai tais on the flight. The flight crew was great. They had oxygen for him and alerted the ground crew in case he needed medical attention when we landed. He seemed okay by the time we landed.