• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Why does Manhattan Club charge a daily fee of $54.51? Is this for continental breakfast?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We are going in March with our kids and grandkids. I did a search for this and couldn't get any answers. There is nothing on the RCI confirmation about the fee, except the disclosure of the exact fee amount.

I assume it's for the breakfast and using the other amenities?

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is on RCI's webpage for Manhattan club:

$54.51 Hospitality Fee is charged for each day of reserved stay. Fee is charged for total number of days reserved and not discounted if guests leave early. This is a mandatory daily charge.

So what do you get for this fee? Nothing, other than you get to stay at the Manhattan club, simple as that.

This has also been discussed before:
http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/manhattan-club-hospitality-fee.20890/

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
No breakfast. Like DVC, it's a "because they can" fee.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I don't know if they still do but the did have daily housekeeping.
Typically resorts that charge resort fees -hotels included just state some of the amenities other resorts include like internet, a safe, etc.

It is a because we decided to supplement our income by collecting more money from RCI exchangers. I don't know if the money goes to the HOA or if it is kept as additional management income.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I am working on adding another Manhattan Club week to our trip in March. Our son and his wife and baby, and our daughter and her husband and kids are going with us. We need three units, and I have matched two so far.

Do II exchangers pay that same fee?

I added an ongoing search for MC with II as well, hoping to get the match there. I don't think the fee applies to II exchangers. SFX says there is no fee like exchangers pay, but SFX is not coming through for me at all.

SFX is really awful. I will ask for something months out, and I will get a match in the meantime with II or RCI, and if SFX even gets a match, and I have not cancelled my search, I am told I will be charged for the match, if it's exact. I have to watch all of my requests with SFX, each and every time I get a match elsewhere. It's a pain. I feel like I can say that in this thread because the SFX cheerleaders won't see this post.

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Enjoy NYC ... it is VERY expensive.

When I go to ANY of the timeshare resorts in NYC ... I pack instant oatmeal and powdered coffee cream .. my breakfast meal and before going to bed, snack. Eat take-away food from deli for lunch & dinner. I usually decide during the course of my stay, which local "sit down" place/eatery gets my money for my REAL meal.

When I took my elderly aunt .. we ate in every night ... she was too tired to enjoy eating out meal. But she did go once to a take-away only buffet ... picking out things she wanted... to eat back at the unit. And I got bagels frsh every morning for us.

Do not get a car/van for NYC (Manhatten island particularly).... drivers are unforgiving, MANY tolls, excessive costs for parking and then there are the hordes of pedestrians crossing everywhere .. with, without, and where ever plus the bike messengers. Pedestrians seem to all be POWER WALKERS and corner backers who cut in & out ... around you.

If walking as a group .. more than 2 people ... make sure, EVERYONE knows their way back. You will get separated ... the crowded sidewalks, traffic lights, car/cabs/bus dodging. And the noise ... hearing a cell phone ringing is hard ... texting might work but be sure "vibrate & ring" are both on.

But most importantly ... you are on vacation, to the Big Apple, with the family. It is ONLY money. Repeat again, every time you pay for something .. it is ONLY money. Oh, and have fun!

PS We did a taping of Meridith Veidra show in Rockefeller Center, tour Radio City music Hall, Empire State building (not to the top), met both Matt Lauder & Al Roker & whichever new gal was working the Today Show on the Plaza (auntie had her walker .. got put into the empty ADA corral where the hosts alternate glad handing guests .. we were the ONLY 2 people there ... got great pictures).

Your next Disney trip with the family ... it will seem very reasonable and very relaxing after NYC.

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
Do II exchangers pay that same fee?

I added an ongoing search for MC with II as well, hoping to get the match there as well.

No, there is no fee when going through II. I stayed there on a Getaway a few years back, but both exchanges and getaways obtainable through II are extremely limited. The Penthouse Suites were really nice.