• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Who to call about opening date of new resort?

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
Wyndham is opening their 1st Club Wyndham resort in the Pacific Northwest in 2019. It will be in downtown Portland, OR. Who can I call to find out an approx. opening date? It's not showing online yet. Thanks.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
This will be a shared Resort between WYN and WMTC. The last time this was mentioned at a WMTC BOD Meeting the projected opening date was some time in the second half of 2019.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
At the WM BoD meeting it was reported they will begin taking reservations in Dec, though when availability would start is still up in the air .... it is 50 units to WM, and 25 units to Club Wyndham. Studios and 1BRs - no specific breakout given.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
The Faces + Places magazine i just got from Wyndham says "as early as June" for the opening.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
The Faces + Places magazine i just got from Wyndham says "as early as June" for the opening.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks everyone. With only 25 units available for CW folks it's going to be really hard to get into during busy seasons (summer, holidays, etc).

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
The will post notices online or in the magazine. Calling will not yield a better answer. Call center knows when we know usually.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
At the WM BoD meeting it was reported they will begin taking reservations in Dec, though when availability would start is still up in the air .... it is 50 units to WM, and 25 units to Club Wyndham. Studios and 1BRs - no specific breakout given.

Hmmm. How are they going to start taking reservations if they don't know about availability?

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did they build this resort or is this another condo takeover?

I cant remember the last time they built a nice resort.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

It's an existing hotel they bought. So a conversion.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Hmmm. How are they going to start taking reservations if they don't know about availability?

Because December is in the future, and more information will be available in the future.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

If you exclude all the building conversions, acquisitions, expansions, mgt contract properties, turn-key purchases.... I think you knock out the majority of Wyndham resorts.

Custom builds is not their core competency IMHO. It is just a tweak on the WAMM model they use to discuss....step in at the later stages of development and avoid tying up all the capital for development.

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)

IsaiahB

Reaction score
It was a gravel parking lot when WRDC became involved.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Because December is in the future, and more information will be available in the future.

So, in the next month and a half, they will figure out availability.

Color me skeptical. I would think a better way to proceed would be to determine availability and then announce when they will start taking reservations.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

Color me skeptical. I would think a better way to proceed would be to determine availability and then announce when they will start taking reservations.

I think it is more than in the next month and a half they will have a better idea on how the build schedule is going. My guess is they will be conservative with the available dates.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I would agree if they were announcing something. But this information from the WM BoD meeting, not a public announcement.