• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Resorts are currently blocked by dual WMtC/CW Owners?

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I tried to experiment to see which resorts I can't book that aren't WorldMark as a resale only Club Wyndham owner. So far I only see Margaritaville Pigeon Forge, the Outriggers and Brazil locations. I just wanted to figure out exactly how limited I would be if I just bought Worldmark and Club Wyndham resale only.

Anything else I'm missing? I don't know of many WM/CW dual owners and I don't understand why there aren't more of them that live in Florida and Texas. WM bonus time and inventory specials are a great alternative for short getaways without running out of housekeeping like you would being Club Wyndham only.

Mainly I'm just trying to see exactly what I would miss out on before making my WM resale purchase in Dec-Feb when prices are lowest. VIP doesn't work for me because I vacation 75% of the time pre-planned 10-13 months in advance to get the best rooms. WM bonus time/inventory specials give good discounts without having to spend money on housekeeping and reservation transactions. I also rent out 45% of my Club Wyndham points in 7 day intervals for profit and to give me more housekeeping credits for short stays.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
As a resale WM member, I really dont feel like I am "missing" out on anything. One of the great benefits of the WMtC governing documents is that WM members are the same no matter how they joined the Club (resale or dev purchase).

Are there developer provided benefits available to those who pay the premium for a developer purchase? Sure. But nothing to the extent that it justifies making a developer purchase.

So any "value" you are missing out is illusionary.

ps. Worldmark expansion into Texas is a relatively recent trend. When I joined in 2008, we only had one resort in Texas (New Braunfels). Most of the expansion in that market is new - with three resorts in the past 4-5 years. And while those resorts are in good areas, there is too much overlap between Stablewood Springs and Marble Falls.

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I tried to experiment to see which resorts I can't book that aren't WorldMark as a resale only Club Wyndham owner. So far I only see Margaritaville Pigeon Forge, the Outriggers and Brazil locations. I just wanted to figure out exactly how limited I would be if I just bought Worldmark and Club Wyndham resale only.

Anything else I'm missing? I don't know of many WM/CW dual owners and I don't understand why there aren't more of them that live in Florida and Texas. WM bonus time and inventory specials are a great alternative for short getaways without running out of housekeeping like you would being Club Wyndham only.

Mainly I'm just trying to see exactly what I would miss out on before making my WM resale purchase in Dec-Feb when prices are lowest. VIP doesn't work for me because I vacation 75% of the time pre-planned 10-13 months in advance to get the best rooms. WM bonus time/inventory specials give good discounts without having to spend money on housekeeping and reservation transactions. I also rent out 45% of my Club Wyndham points in 7 day intervals for profit and to give me more housekeeping credits for short stays.

Margaritaville and Outrigger are not blocked because your resale. Margaritaville Pigeon Forge is only available to Margaritaville owners and VIP. So unless you have Margaritaville resale, you won’t see that, but that’s the same for retail owners who are not VIP. I am VIP Gold and also have Margaritaville contract (resale), so either one would show me Margaritaville inventory. Outrigger is only available to owners with Outrigger contracts (resale or resale). I have Bali Hai resale contracts that give me access to Outrigger inventory.

WorldMark works best for people who live on the Pacific Northwest because that’s where most of their resorts are. Unless someone on the east coast goes to one of the few WorldMark resorts on the east coast, they will be less likely to stay at a WorldMark resort and more likely to stay at a Wyndham resort. I don’t know if many Texans that travel to the Pacific Northwest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drepublic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VIP Silver, Wyndham Clearwater Beach (326k Developer), Wyndham Bonnet Creek (74k Developer and 269k Resale) Wyndham Ocean Boulevard (220.5k Resale)
So unless you have Margaritaville resale, you won’t see that, but that’s the same for retail owners who are not VIP. I am VIP Gold and also have Margaritaville contract (resale), so either one would show me Margaritaville inventory.

Does owning a Margaritaville resale contract give you ARP at all Margaritaville resorts like owning a resale contract at Myrtle Beach? If so what is the ARP in months for owners of a Margaritaville contract?

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does owning a Margaritaville resale contract give you ARP at all Margaritaville resorts like owning a resale contract at Myrtle Beach? If so what is the ARP in months for owners of a Margaritaville contract?

I don't know about resale but don't buy one retail. They aren't allowed to accept them back for trades which is a pretty big deal.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

The knowledge base provides the following verbiage and booking timeline.

Margaritaville Vacation Club owners have an Advance Reservation Priority (ARP), which allows you to confirm a reservation from 13-11 months in advance of your check-in date at your “home” resort. When additional resorts are added to Margaritaville Vacation Club, then owners will enjoy access to these resorts 11-10 months prior to arrival.* Reservations made within the Advance Reservation Priority window are subject to availability, and can only be made using points associated with your Margaritaville Vacation Club ownership.
41dabeb74fc2a8263495d50bcb9d109d.jpg

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
Margaritaville MF are way too high for me to ever care to get a resale deed. I own at Royal Garden, but still can't book Outrigger, not that I would want to. A 1 bedroom is 500,000+ points and Hawaii is a once or twice in a lifetime deal anyways because of airfare.

I noticed a lot of Club Wydham resorts becoming WorldMark resorts vice versa in the last 10 years. 3 of the 4 Ft. Lauderdale resorts are now WorldMark. They'll probably add Cypress Palms to WorldMark soon too when Kingstown Reef is done being renovated. WorlMark just seems like a great alternative to DVC because Bonus Time allows a lot of short getaways if you want to enjoy Orlando for a weekend. I was also looking at what exactly I'm blocked out of on the West Coast and I only see WorldMark locations on my Club Wyndham account.

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Margaritaville MF are way too high for me to ever care to get a resale deed. I own at Royal Garden, but still can't book Outrigger, not that I would want to. A 1 bedroom is 500,000+ points and Hawaii is a once or twice in a lifetime deal anyways because of airfare.

I noticed a lot of Club Wydham resorts becoming WorldMark resorts vice versa in the last 10 years. 3 of the 4 Ft. Lauderdale resorts are now WorldMark. They'll probably add Cypress Palms to WorldMark soon too when Kingstown Reef is done being renovated. WorlMark just seems like a great alternative to DVC because Bonus Time allows a lot of short getaways if you want to enjoy Orlando for a weekend. I was also looking at what exactly I'm blocked out of on the West Coast and I only see WorldMark locations on my Club Wyndham account.

I only have the outrigger points for the cheap maintenance fees. I agree with you that i would never book outrigger inventory. Not a good value for the points.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs

The airfare to Hawaii may not be as bad as you think. Keep an eye on Hawaiian Airlines as Alaska Airlines flying out of a West Coast city. San Diego, LA, San Jose, Oakland, San Francisco in California, Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington. I booked us non stop flights to Kauai out of Portland and back into San Diego for $189 each way. There were days that it was only $169 but not on the dates I wanted. I picked up two nights at the Wyndham Portland resort and two nights at Harbor Lights in San Diego to break up the flights when we got in from Fort Lauderdale and on the way back.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

Southwest has started flying there. I would imagine their prices might be a little cheaper then some of the competitors.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
Thanks Jan, I will look into it once I have WorldMark points to stay on the West coast.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Southwest has started flying there. I would imagine their prices might be a little cheaper then some of the competitors.

At this time Southwest only flies from Oakland and San Jose to Kauai. There were a few days with similar prices but no non stop flights like I got on Alaska Airlines. We could have flown Hawaiian Airlines for the same prices but those flights had a layover. Just a short one. Although even with the layover they were still shorter flights than the flights on Southwest but that is flying out of different cities than Southwest flies from to Kauai. Hopefully Southwest will start flying to Kauai out of more cities.

We could have stayed at Canterbury in San Francisco and flown from and back to Oakland. But Canterbury is further from the airport and a more expensive Uber or Lyft ride than both Portland and Harbor Lights are from their respective airports. Plus Canterbury was more points to book than Portland because the smallest unit at Canterbury is the one bedroom deluxe and Portland has the studio deluxe. Our studio deluxe at Portland upgraded to a one bedroom presidential. I know our studio deluxe at Harbor Lights isn't likely to upgrade because from what I heard there is only a single one bedroom unit at Harbor Lights.

I'm pretty excited about flying out of Portland and back into San Diego because we get to stay for two nights at two resorts and cities I haven't been to before. If we like what we see we may want to come back for a longer stay. If our schedule allowed I would have tried to find more nights at both resorts this trip but we have other plans. From July 18-December 19 is 154 nights: 26 at home, 13 at our son's and the other 115 of those nights at timeshare resorts. For the next almost three months we will be staying home for the most part. But don't hold me to that.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
At this time Southwest only flies from Oakland and San Jose to Kauai. There were a few days with similar prices but no non stop flights like I got on Alaska Airlines. We could have flown Hawaiian Airlines for the same prices but those flights had a layover. Just a short one. Although even with the layover they were still shorter flights than the flights on Southwest but that is flying out of different cities than Southwest flies from to Kauai. Hopefully Southwest will start flying to Kauai out of more cities.

We could have stayed at Canterbury in San Francisco and flown from and back to Oakland. But Canterbury is further from the airport and a more expensive Uber or Lyft ride than both Portland and Harbor Lights are from their respective airports. Plus Canterbury was more points to book than Portland because the smallest unit at Canterbury is the one bedroom deluxe and Portland has the studio deluxe. Our studio deluxe at Portland upgraded to a one bedroom presidential. I know our studio deluxe at Harbor Lights isn't likely to upgrade because from what I heard there is only a single one bedroom unit at Harbor Lights.

I'm pretty excited about flying out of Portland and back into San Diego because we get to stay for two nights at two resorts and cities I haven't been to before. If we like what we see we may want to come back for a longer stay. If our schedule allowed I would have tried to find more nights at both resorts this trip but we have other plans. From July 18-December 19 is 154 nights: 26 at home, 13 at our son's and the other 115 of those nights at timeshare resorts. For the next almost three months we will be staying home for the most part. But don't hold me to that.

They are doing Los Angeles to Honolulu and Los Angeles to Kahului.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville

Sounds like your research really paid off. I am curious if you add in the flight back to Ft Lauderdale is what the total flight cost is compared to booking round trip from Ft Lauderdale.

Bob

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Sounds like your research really paid off. I am curious if you add in the flight back to Ft Lauderdale is what the total flight cost is compared to booking round trip from Ft Lauderdale.

Bob

Our total cost per person ended up being $581.20 (*1 & *2). The flights I saw on other airlines for the dates we needed were high $700-$1100 range.

Fort Lauderdale to Portland on Southwest $153
11:00am-4:30pm with a 60 min layover in St. Louis, 8 hr 30 min
Portland to Lihue on Alaska Airlines $189
11:55am-4:15pm, nonstop 6 hr 20 min
Lihue to San Diego on Alaska Airlines $189
3:55pm-11:34pm, nonstop 5 hr 39 min
San Diego to Fort Lauderdale on Southwest $122
1:40pm-11:05pm with a 55 min layover in Tampa, 6 hr 25 min

*1 - For the Southwest flights we each took their credit card offer of a $200 statement credit and 10,000 free miles. The card has a $69 annual fee and you have to charge $500 to get the miles. I was more interested in the statement credit than the miles as we rarely fly Southwest. So after the $69 annual fee we will be $131 ahead out of the $200 statement credit and the Southwest flights of $153+$122=$275 will end up costing us a total of $144.

*2- I did end up upgrading our Alaska Airlines flights to Main for an additional $30 each way so I could select our seats because there weren't many window seats left. This is our first trip to Hawaii and I was only going to do it for my husband but he insisted I do it for myself too. If we go back I wouldn't spend the extra.

The best car rental rate I've found so far is through Costco. 18 days was $678.51. We will be on Kauai with other people and having a second driver at no extra charge will be great. That way one person doesn't have to feel like they have to do everything everyone else wants to do.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our total cost per person ended up being $581.20 (*1 & *2). The flights I saw on other airlines for the dates we needed were high $700-$1100 range.

*1 - For the Southwest flights we each took their credit card offer of a $200 statement credit and 10,000 free miles. The card has a $69 annual fee and you have to charge $500 to get the miles. I was more interested in the statement credit than the miles as we rarely fly Southwest. So after the $69 annual fee we will be $131 ahead out of the $200 statement credit and the Southwest flights of $153+$122=$275 will end up costing us a total of $144.

*2- I did end up upgrading our Alaska Airlines flights to Main for an additional $30 each way so I could select our seats because there weren't many window seats left. This is our first trip to Hawaii and I was only going to do it for my husband but he insisted I do it for myself too. If we go back I wouldn't spend the extra.

The best car rental rate I've found so far is through Costco. 18 days was $678.51. We will be on Kauai with other people and having a second driver at no extra charge will be great. That way one person doesn't have to feel like they have to do everything everyone else wants to do.
Costco can't be beat on rental car rates.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

Maybe you already know this, but in the off chance it will help, I thought I would mention it. There is a sight called autoslash.com. They will search for you, and send you an email with links to the best rates. I usually find better rates through them. I got a midsize SUV for the price of a compact. Who knows what I’ll end up with. It’s not uncommon for me to get upgraded.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Maybe you already know this, but in the off chance it will help, I thought I would mention it. There is a sight called autoslash.com. They will search for you, and send you an email with links to the best rates. I usually find better rates through them. I got a midsize SUV for the price of a compact. Who knows what I’ll end up with. It’s not uncommon for me to get upgraded.

Thanks, the quote Autoslash sent me for the best price was for Costco and I already had a reservation through Costco. Their best price was for a SUV. I do have our reservation signed up for them to track. However we need the second driver at no additional charge Costco gives you because will be there with other people and want one of them to be able to drive too. Our friend warned me that car rentals in Kauai cost more. She wasn't kidding.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, the quote Autoslash sent me for the best price was for Costco and I already had a reservation through Costco. Their best price was for a SUV. I do have our reservation signed up for them to track. However we need the second driver at no additional charge Costco gives you because will be there with other people and want one of them to be able to drive too. Our friend warned me that car rentals in Kauai cost more. She wasn't kidding.
Nice thing about Costco is the additional driver for free. You can cancel and rebook at a lower price if available. No prepayment required also for the lowest price.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
SW flights from Sacramento to Hawaii start shortly.