• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

which is best at orlando these days?

hicksville

Reaction score
going in january - 3 adults, 2BR unit. which is the best 3000 point room to book.

prefer newly remodeled and swanky looking with ease of parking and good shopping/dining (not a $10 AYCE buffet)
no screaming kids a bonus.

thx

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You will be happy at any of the HGVC resorts (they are all very nice). That being said...if you are willing to accept some parking challenges, I think the best located on is Tuscany (IMHO), although Seaworld comes in at a close second, most stylish Parc Soliel, and most "adult oriented" is the new on near Universal studios (forget the name).

I recommend you join TUG and look at the resort reviews if you haven't done so already, they will give you some insight.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
SeaWorld is the oldest, but it's units were recently renovated and the property is quite nice.
But as it's close to... SeaWorld, it seems to attract families w-rug rats. I use it for Universal.

This year, we're doing Disney, for which I prefer Tuscany (I-Drive). It's mostly renovated.
Parking at night can be fun. If you park at a distance, they have carts to port you around.
Once, I had to park by the pizza place on the South end... that was too tempting.

Parc Soleil is new-ish and close to Disney, but I dislike it's location in a failed-development.
Las Plameras did not begin as a HGVC property and seems to cater more to convention goers.

lto

Reaction score
SeaWorld is the oldest, but it's units were recently renovated and the property is quite nice.
But as it's close to... SeaWorld, it seems to attract families w-rug rats. I use it for Universal.

This year, we're doing Disney, for which I prefer Tuscany (I-Drive). It's mostly renovated.
Parking at night can be fun. If you park at a distance, they have carts to port you around.
Once, I had to park by the pizza place on the South end... that was too tempting.

Parc Soleil is new-ish and close to Disney, but I dislike it's location in a failed-development.
Las Plameras did not begin as a HGVC property and seems to cater more to convention goers.

I was just at parc soleil this week, it has modern rooms and feels more like a resort than seaworld. Feels more high end. However the location is fairly secluded and hard to find at night as there are no lights at the turn in. Seaworld is newly renovated and quicker walk access to your room.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I was just at parc soleil this week, it has modern rooms and feels more like a resort than seaworld. Feels more high end. However the location is fairly secluded and hard to find at night as there are no lights at the turn in. Seaworld is newly renovated and quicker walk access to your room.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

I agree we stayed at Parc last year, i really like the resort. It does however a bit remote and i do wish they had more lights on the road in to make it feel a less remote and isolated.

Ctlsleh

Reaction score
I’m a first timer to Orlando (HGVC member in Europe and swapping in this year....we’re scheduled for 2nd week in May as a family......kids are 16/14/12, so think Universal is probably best for us from what I read online......is that correct?

Which HGVC would be best for Universal, currently booked in the HGVC Seaworld, as that’s what was suggested when I called HGVC to book...?

Also do I need a car or just use Uber everywhere as there will be 5 of us in total......?

And any suggestions on where to purchase tickets? Restaurants etc..?

Welcome comments

Ireland

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
1. Which HGVC would be best for Universal...?
2. [D]o I need a car or just use Uber everywhere as there will be 5 of us in total?
3. And any suggestions on where to purchase tickets? Restaurants etc..?

1. SeaWorld is best.

2. You could also use HGVC SeaWorld's shuttle service:
http://stayhgv.com/Orlando/SeaWorld/doc/ORLSWshuttle.pdf
or the I-Drive trolley (stop #G13) http://www.iridetrolley.com/
But for flexibility, and not waste time waiting on transit, you'll want a car.

3. For tickets, Undercover Tourist. For restaurants, check out Trip Advisor
or Yelp and use their maps. We like Bubba Gumps at Universal's City Walk,
but dining in the parks is the last resort.

Last edited:

freewill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree that Sea World is an excellent location for Universal, especially if there might be some SW and Disney mixed in too. We loved the Sea World HGVC last year.

And apologies if this quasi-related question should be a new thread—but anyone know what the current construction environment is at or around Parc Soleil these days? Have they started on any new towers yet?

Thanks

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
And apologies if this quasi-related question should be a new thread—but anyone know what the current construction environment is at or around Parc Soleil these days? Have they started on any new towers yet?

At Parc Soleil now. No, no construction on any new tower(s), and no evidence that any new towers will be built soon. They are, however, doing some renovations now. Floor 5 of tower 100 is being renovated. As far as I know, that and floor 4 are sales floors. So I don't know what that's about. And they are bringing up sales tours to floor 12 to view rooms. And owner's updates are being done in the space above the Marketplace.
Also, they are painting the exterior of the buildings.

There is lots of construction in the immediate area: a housing development on one side of the entrance drive, and preparing the other side for some kind of development. And a building being constructed right at the entrance by Palm Parkway. Can't tell yet what it is - maybe a townhouse building. Across the street near the Hilton Garden Inn/Homewood Suites/Residence Inn two new hotels are nearing completion. And in the general area lots and lots of apartments and/or condos going up.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would be surprised if they decided to build more at Parc Soleil as they have just acquired the las palmeras few years back and Are still selling that also adding to the fact that Orlando has so many timeshares so building another one is not the best course of action.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I would be surprised if they decided to build more at Parc Soleil as they have just acquired the las palmeras few years back and Are still selling that also adding to the fact that Orlando has so many timeshares so building another one is not the best course of action.
Yes, I also have doubts additional towers will be built there. Just like the two additional towers that were in the original plan for the LV Boulevard location. The nice thing about those locations is that the pool areas are "oversized" because of the fewer buildings than planned.

Kurt

Luv2tr@vel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC LAS PALMERAS

Also seem to be working 'hard' at Las Palmeras to give it the HGVC feel. Working on the pool area and limited space in the area.

mscheribel59

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Tuscany Village, HGV Parc Soleil, HGV Elara
Agree that Sea World is an excellent location for Universal, especially if there might be some SW and Disney mixed in too. We loved the Sea World HGVC last year.

Thanks
We just stayed at Parc Soleil last week. No new towers, but Construction starts banging and drilling at 8am in tower 1. Stayed January 22nd thru the 25th. They are working on the 5th floor, we stayed on the 8th floor and could still hear it, but not very loud. They give you ear plugs on the bed with a letter informing you of the noise.
Also stayed here December 27th - 30th last year and requested a move of rooms, they were working on the 4th floor, and put us on the 5th floor. Our floors were vibrating and the noise was so loud you couldn't hear yourself talk. They were very accommodating and moved us up to the 9th floor. Again, noise was minimal.