• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which IPad?

JoanneWillian

Reaction score
iPad Pro 2017 is your budget option if you are not interested in the latest features. Though It is smaller with a less up-to-date process than 2018’s Pro. I do not recommend you old iPad models because of the speed.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef

Do not buy any refurbished electronic. Do not buy any floor model / display model electronic. Spend the money, get the current model of whatever you choose. You will be much happier in the long run.

I have purchased 5 refurbished Apple Products and have never had an issue and quite honestly since I'm frugal its the only way I purchase

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score

Do not buy any refurbished electronic. Do not buy any floor model / display model electronic. Spend the money, get the current model of whatever you choose. You will be much happier in the long run.

I couldn't disagree more. Apples refurbished goods carry the same warranty as brand new. We've purchased a number of them, and you cannot even tell they were ever out of the box. Haven't had a problem yet. I encourage anyone to purchase refurbs from Apple, and save a lot of money. With their warranty, there really is no reason not to.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have only ever purchase, since the iPad came out, Apple refurbished or a used product on Swappa that still has some Apple warranty left. Swappa is a great source of used products, and, we only ever buy mint condition stuff. Got an iPad pro for 30% of list price as an example in mint condition with warranty remaining, which allows me to get a problem resolves if there is one. You have to be patient and wait for the right unit the used method. For the refurb method, you buy and go. Same warranty, and you can even add Applecare. We've probably purchased around a dozen used or refurbs over the years. And then we end up selling them when we "upgrade". Some of them have cost us $0, as, we sold them for the same amount we purchased them for.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
My heavily used I Pad (2nd generation, I think) is finally loosing its battery. Any recommendations on which of the options to replace it with? I Pad 2, I Pad Air or I Pad Mini? I use it several times a day for email, social apps, games, books, etc. and for travel. I'd probably get the biggest processing size no matter which option. Thanks for any recommendations!

I have the large iPad Pro. I use it so much more than my laptop now. You can get a key board for it. It is light and easy to travel with. I got it mainly to help my eyes but I find I love it.

Last edited:

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have the large iPad Pro. I used it some much more than my laptop now. You can get a key board for it. It is light and easy to travel with. I got it mainly to help my eyes but I find I love it.

Me too, long ago I got rid of any laptop and I replaced it with the 12.9" Pro. I did all my programming and consulting work on it, MySQL admin, system admin, IPMI, you name it. I found there was no longer a need to haul a laptop around at all. Despite the claims by many you cannot replace a laptop with a tablet. Of course, I did carry a bluetooth keyboard.