TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG started 25 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Which HGVC in Orlando early January for DH and I?

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by mtforeman, Oct 8, 2018.

1. mtforeman

mtforeman TUG Member

We are looking for a week to get away for the two of us, booking a 1br. Will cook in half the time and eat out half the time.

We will likely get a park hopper pass and explore the area, but we usually spend half the time just at the resort taking it easy. Like quality surroundings for the actual lodgings.

Any recommendations?

2. Talent312

Talent312 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC x2 and Gatlinburg Town Square
    Parc Soleil & I-Drive (a/k/a Tuscany Village) are closest to Disney.
    Parc Soleil is slightly closer and newer, but by-itself in an isolated area.
    I-Drive is near an outlet mall, and a large grocery is across the street.

Seaworld & Los Palmeras are better for Seaworld and Universal.
    Seaworld is older but redone. Also spread out among several buildings.
    Los Palmeras is a high-rise, converted hotel near the convention center.

I choose I-Drive or Seaworld, based on destination.
    Whatever floats your boat...

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  3. Smclaugh99

Smclaugh99 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Hilton Club
    I assume you mean Disney World Resort over Universal Orlando, but any of the HGVC locations work. There are certainly shuttles to the parks but I’ll use driving distance in my breakdown. And remember that Disney World Resort is huge and spread out. Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom are farthest away from the HGVC locations. Universal has one parking structure and walk to the two main parks.

1. HGVC Tuscany - (I-Drive and Vineland Ave)
    • Closest to Disney Springs, Epcot, Hollywood Studios.
    • Adjoins Premium Outlet Mall (if you are outlet afficianado, this is one of the best in the country)
    • Publix very close and convenient for groceries
    • Close to a lot of chain restaurants
    • Park in front of your building
    2. HGVC Parc Soleil (Palm Parkway)
    • Closer to Disney (Springs, Epcot, and H. Studios) than Universal - but can take Palm Parkway to Universal and avoid I4
    • More isolated and not walkable to shopping or dining. Super Walmart a few miles north on Palm Parkway for sundries
    • Park in garage and walk to your building (there are 2) and your room
    3. HGVC SeaWorld (Central Florida Parkway)
    • Closer to Universal than Parc Soleil, but still closer to Disney (Springs, Epcot, Studios)
    • Obviously very close to Sea World
    • Closest Publix is a close but traffic-heavy drive across I-Drive
    • Bone Fish and large CVS are walkable.
    • Park in front of your building
    4. Las Palmeras (Universal Blvd)
    • Closest to Universal and less convenient to Disney
    • Very close to orange county convention center, Pointe Orlando, Top Golf, Andretti racing
    • Publix very close and easy to get to down a less busy Universal Boulevard (but when new Universal park announced and built, that road will get much busier)
    • Park in garage and walk to building (only 1) and room
    I have probably stayed at all four resorts six or more times but personally prefer Tuscany. You can’t go wrong at any of the HGVC resorts in terms of services and amenities compared to you anything you’ll find in Orlando. All four are family friendly but Seaworld caters more to families with younger kids and Las Palmeras caters more to adults. Tuscany best for families with older children (great pool, rec room for teens).

I hope this helps. Again everyone has a different opinions and different experiences.

Sean

holdaer likes this.
  4. buzglyd

buzglyd TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Lagoon Tower
    HGVC Carlsbad Seapointe
    Gaslamp Plaza Suites
    Carlsbad Inn
    SVV Bella
    Las Palmeras will have fewer kids running around. It’s also the only one with a lobby bar and nice restaurant since it is a converted hotel. The pool is decent and it’s in a quiet area.

I’ve stayed in all of them and they’re all nice.

5. GTLINZ

GTLINZ TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC, HRC
    Most of our time in ORL is spent relaxing around the pool - so my view is slanted towards that and not the parks. In order:
    1) Tuscany - we love the Italian feel, the layout, the walking trail around the lake and the 2 pools. Been there over 25 times ... our escape. Publix right across the street. Most rooms have a lake view and it is pretty at night with the fountains and lights. It just has that "it" factor for us.
    2) SeaWorld (with a catch) - our home resort but you can end up a long way away from the main pool. We always reserve in the original buildings next to the pool area so that won't happen. Those original buildings are also architecturally very different from the other buildings.
    3) Parc Soleil - love the pool and kids loved the waterslide. It has the best workout room. Unlike the others, this has internal halls but that has never really bothered us. A little more upscale but we miss the hottub - and your view is likely over nothing.
    4) Las Palmeras - great location for trade shows but has a smaller pool. The only one we have not stayed at but we did check it out. It is definitely too modern for our tastes. Also has internal halls, i think.